• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Chapel Matryoshka

Flora

It seems that the chapel, perhaps a bit saddened by your 'creepy' appraisal, is on its best behavior. Sunset light pours in through the stained glass, painting your snubbull and your clothes a variety of hues. There's a quartet of glass rectangles, taller than you, in the lowered, front portion of the chapel.

The Snubbull seems delighted by the colors and rushes forward into the room, earning a laugh from her human companion. "Wait up, Chinadoll!" the girl shouts as she races over to the little Pokemon. They both play in the lights, goofing around as friends often do.

Phantom

The ground does not, indeed, look very kissable; the red clay is moldable and vaguely squishy beneath your feet, but at the same time doesn't seem to hold any noticeable moisture. Very strange, very non-kissable.

Despite your loud shouting, only a moderate amount of your voice reflects back at you, perhaps as a result of the malleable clay cliffs that streetch away from you on wither side. Still, it's a definite echo. You get an overwhelming sense of the sky being a void, filling up your vision on almost all sides and preparing to drag you into its bone-white, uncaring ma–

Oh hey, a pokémon. Several yards away, a wriggly little beast seems to be asleep. Every so often, fire bursts from a spot on its body; you think you can hear a snore every time this happens, but you can't be sure.

Dar

Well, you certainly seem to have embraced this whole 'glass is intangible' thing rather quickly, good for you. Your jump, as impressive as it is, betrays you; you come out on top of a hill, and your momentum carries you too far. Your shoes slip on the loose, damp dirt and you end up sliding down the hill on your backside. Your pants are pretty certainly ruined.

Elvis, apparently less brave than you were, stands at the top of the hill, looking down at you quizzically. You feel a lump underneath you.

Flora

That's adorable. You're little puppy stops for a moment, sniffing the air intensely, and grabs something out from under one of the small, comfortable-looking pews; as a rush of salty air passes into your nose, Chinadoll reveals that she's found a Sea Incense.
Bag_Sea_Incense_Sprite.png

skyironsword

The heavy door hits you on the way out.

(This looks unique. I'll go with Ashes to Ashes (a.k.a. Ashes))

A low rumble is heard, and a trainer runs toward the only structure in sight, a large chapel. He turns, and sees the impending black of a bad storm. Managing to open the doors, scramble inside, and close them, the trainer looks around the inside of the large structure in awe. He calls out his Pokemon, a Dusclops, and begins to look around the structure.

"Alright, Shade, keep your guard up in case there's anyone in he-"

The trainer, Blade, sees something of interest ahead of him. There are four different colored stained glass windows, swirling with reflections. Blade, curious, leads his Pokemon to the umber colored one, and slowly reaches a hand out to touch the cool glass.

RespectTheBlade

Your dusclops, it seems, is distraught at the lack of a gengar in the immediate area. He glares at you, wondering what,a hem, possessed you to bring only him along with you. However, he listens to your partially-complete order and looks about the room, single eye scanning over the colored light that falls, dulled by the storm outside, onto just about everything.

Your hand, as you reach for the glass (you should have wiped your fingers first, this is expensive glass), passes through. Other than a shifting feeling of falling dirt on your arm, you meet no resistance. It feels significantly warmer on the other side, but that's probably just because the chapel is, at the moment, quite chilly.

Dar

Well, you certainly seem to have embraced this whole 'glass is intangible' thing rather quickly, good for you. Your jump, as impressive as it is, betrays you; you come out on top of a hill, and your momentum carries you too far. Your shoes slip on the loose, damp dirt and you end up sliding down the hill on your backside. Your pants are pretty certainly ruined.

Elvis, apparently less brave than you were, stands at the top of the hill, looking down at you quizzically. You feel a lump underneath you.

The boy looks up at Elvis and guestures him to come down. He then gets up to check the lump, hoping it wasn't something living.

I've heard of this place, but never knew of its whereabouts until now. Perhaps it was fate that I arrived at this chapel on this very night. I, being a man of science, don't believe all the legends and children's ghost stories that speak of this place, yet it still intrigues me so.

I look to my left. My faithful Seviper Ouroboros is silently observing the old chapel, his tongue darting in and out of his mouth. He can sense it. "You feel that Orr?" I ask him, "There's something here. Something old. Something ancient. Something very much alive."

With a feeling of childlike wonderment, I pry open the heavy wooden door and take my first step inside.

"HOLY SH-"

Blade catches the expletive in his mouth and swallows it, for this is a church, after all. He is startled, though, by the intangibility of the glass. Calling over Ashes for protection, Blade hesitantly reaches his entire hand through into the surprisingly warm portal, followed by his entire arm. Taking a deep breath and trying to reassure his pokemon (and himself) that the portal is safe, he takes a step through the unber-colored window.

Dar

As you stand, dirt clumps rain down from your pants and onto the soil below; one of them, by chance, falls into a hole that was underneath you. You see movement inside.

Your golem slowly rolls down the hill.

Vehement Mustelid

Ah, one for the dramatics, are we? Good, good, nice to see that someone is still invested in this weary old world. The door (more metal than wood, and more glass than metal) opens rather easily at your effort; your shadow, cast by the setting sun behind you, lays on a wooden floor that's dappled with multiple colors. The pews stretch out for a bit, each one on a slightly lower level than the next, until finally the descent stops at the bottom. There lies a quartet of colored-glass monoliths.

RespectTheBlade

(The church seems subtly impressed by your self-control, or perhaps it's dumb luck. Either way, you glance down to find a curled-up, dry root in the shape of a fist by your feet.)

Your ghost seems unimpressed, if a bit surprised, at your trick; after all, he passes his hand through things all the time, and nobody seems to care when he does it. Perhaps he's still grumpy at his lack of gengar, who knows. He follows you through the glass, so at least he's still loyal.

On the other side, it is indeed warmer; looking up, you see a blue open sky. Curiously, you can't find the sun anywhere. The ground consists mainly of dark, damp soil; occasionally, grass pokes out. It's quite hilly. Something small darts rapidly past your leg.

"This place is fascinating," I say to Ouroboros beside me, who is still surveying the air quietly with his tongue, "It almost gives the impression that it is much larger on the inside."

Carefully I walk between the pews toward the brilliantly colored stained glass. I stop before reaching the front though, as something in one of the rows catches my eye.

Stepping through the "glass"Blade is surprised to see what looks like a barren hillscape, though a few tufts of grass pop up here and there. Looking behind him, he sees the umber portal sitting innocently, swirled with dark gray reflections. Walking a few steps forward and then ungracefully falling on his face, Blade sees an energy root sticking out of the ground. Taking this lucky find, he walks on into the mysterious landscape, until he sees a blur of shadow out of the corner of his eye.

Barely holding in another expletive, Blade orders Shade to Shadow Ball the spot immediately, hoping to vaporize whatever threats might be lurking.

Phantom

The ground does not, indeed, look very kissable; the red clay is moldable and vaguely squishy beneath your feet, but at the same time doesn't seem to hold any noticeable moisture. Very strange, very non-kissable.

Despite your loud shouting, only a moderate amount of your voice reflects back at you, perhaps as a result of the malleable clay cliffs that streetch away from you on wither side. Still, it's a definite echo. You get an overwhelming sense of the sky being a void, filling up your vision on almost all sides and preparing to drag you into its bone-white, uncaring ma–

Oh hey, a pokémon. Several yards away, a wriggly little beast seems to be asleep. Every so often, fire bursts from a spot on its body; you think you can hear a snore every time this happens, but you can't be sure.

Phantom stares at what must be a Pokémon in the distance... and... what was that... snoring?

Eh, it's a Pokémon, might as well.

Hoping to catch it by surprise she drew and empty pokéball and tossed it at the sleeping beast.

skyironsword

The heavy door hits you on the way out.

Much loves for you Blastoise.

Vehement Mustelid

Wind sighs in an in-and-out way through a ceiling window, sounding almost like breathing. Your seviper can taste a vague custard smell, mixed with another scent that he associates with magikarp and goldeen.

The thing you spy on the pew is an old rosary. It's not wood, oddly, but some kind of dull, golden metal. It doesn't look very valuable, but it's nice enough to look at.

RespectTheBlade

The dusclops fires without checking to see what at first, trusting your judgement. A rapidly-moving ball of ghost energy strikes the creature, flipping it end-over-end as it lands in the dark, fertile-looking dirt. It's a nincada. As soon as it rights itself, the little bug starts digging rapidly, attempting to bury itself in the dirt to escape further attack.

Phantom

Alas, be it crosswinds or a bad throw, your ball lands rather short of its target. The creature slumbers on, but now the snoring(?) has stopped along with the gouts of flame. It rolls over.

Phantom

Alas, be it crosswinds or a bad throw, your ball lands rather short of its target. The creature slumbers on, but now the snoring(?) has stopped along with the gouts of flame. It rolls over.

She watched as the ball bounces then stops short...

She knew she should not have stopped playing softball. The pokémon was moving now, probably awake. "Cato," she said to her charizardmander, "go ahead and try to attack it. Try Dragon Claw."

Dar

As you stand, dirt clumps rain down from your pants and onto the soil below; one of them, by chance, falls into a hole that was underneath you. You see movement inside.

Your golem slowly rolls down the hill.

The boy looks into the hole, and shrugs. He turns to his Golem and says, "Should we?" Elvis gets up, but before he can give his answer, he loses balance and falls into the hole. The boy smiles and says "That's what I like to see!" And he jumps in after the rock monster.

(Don't try this at home.)

Noticing the Nincada, Blade comes to the sudden realization that he is a trainer.

"Well, I weakened it, so... Now's my chance!"

Blade withdraws a Pokeball from his pocket and tosses it towards the panicking bug, hoping for a catch.

Vehement Mustelid

Wind sighs in an in-and-out way through a ceiling window, sounding almost like breathing. Your seviper can taste a vague custard smell, mixed with another scent that he associates with magikarp and goldeen.

The thing you spy on the pew is an old rosary. It's not wood, oddly, but some kind of dull, golden metal. It doesn't look very valuable, but it's nice enough to look at.

I hold the rosary in my hand as I run over the beads with my fingers. It might not prove to be that useful, but it's still rather pretty. I stuff the rosary in my pocket, and continue to the front.

Looking at the enormous stained-glass monoliths, I think I recognize some of the shapes and figures represented in the glass. I curiously place my hand against the white glass, only to quickly recoil it.

Phantom

Both of Cato's faces, the smoky-black one and the sleeping orange one within, smile at your command. His claws alight with swirling, mountain-blue energy as he charges forward at the creature, wings flapping to help speed his gait. He goes to swing his claw at the lump, but...

Its eyes flash open, and the larvesta spits a gout of flam from its two lower horns. Like a rocket, the fiery bug blasts straight up into the air, leaving your charizardmander stunned and perplexed. The larvesta jetpacks over your head, making a chittering happy noise.

Dar

The whole was a tight squeeze for your golem, and it isn't much better for you. Your feet land on your pokémon's rocky carapace, but he doesn't seem bothered. It's dim down here, but there's enough light for you to tell that the hole turns into a tunnel. It's rather too small for you or your golem to pass through, but it's the perfect size for the two diglett that are staring at you curiously.

RespectTheBlade

Whether it's because of panic or your classic line, the nincada is distracted enough to be caught.

290MS.png

Vehement Mustelid

The feeling you recoil from is actually rather pleasant. Your hand, oddly, passes through the glass entirely, and the chief quality of the experience is a swirling, writhing mass of air currents blowing across your hand.

You see a pidgey fluttering by the ceiling.

Vehement Mustelid

The feeling you recoil from is actually rather pleasant. Your hand, oddly, passes through the glass entirely, and the chief quality of the experience is a swirling, writhing mass of air currents blowing across your hand.

You see a pidgey fluttering by the ceiling.

"Impossible!" I place my hand against the glass again, and recoil once more in total disbelief. After a few moments hesitation, I place my hand through the glass, then my whole arm, then finally step through with my entire body. My Seviper is quick to follow behind me.

As the whirling air whips across me on the other side, I once again spy the pidgey by the ceiling. Ouroboros is watching it, ready to attack. I tell him to ease up, and instead I take a few moments to observe the bird Pokemon overhead, and watch its movements.

"Huh, that worked."

Had this been an anime, Blade would have struck a victory pose while proclaiming the name of the pokemon he just caught. Instead, he gives a celebratory fist pump (causing Ashes to stare at him in disbelief) and continues down the hillside, searching for something, anything of signifigance. And more pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom