• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Character changes thread

@skitty

I thought you said "if I refered to him as "GSC Rival". Didn't catch the vega word in it. but you read me wrong completely. You act like I call him that on forums. I meant I name him that in the games. Nimrod. :P

You said that "the characters in RSE and DPPt" have not been given official names!

And I said "oh yeah" to your above post. Got it?

Why be annoyed when people use them for the game versions?

I find it ironic when people get annoyed that people refer to the RGBY character as "Ash" but go ahead and call characters the names from other canons. :unsure: Its mind boggling really...

Last edited:
Oh no, you edited five minutes after I posted. :( Also yes I am clearly a nimrod for reading your post as you wrote it instead of how you intended! How foolish of me.

So why did you only respond to the bits with no response expected?

Calling Red "Ash" without context is a hell of a lot more confusing than calling Red "Red" without context. But uh. What is "I find it ironic when people get annoyed that people refer to the RGBY character as "Ash" but go ahead and call characters the names from other canons. Its mind boggling really... " directed at? I can see no way it's directly related to the quoted bit.

Oh no, you edited five minutes after I posted. :(

How cruel :(

So why did you only respond to the bits with no response expected?

I figured "Why be annoyed when people use them for the game versions?" was a question to be answered. >_>

But in all seriousness, I can't interpret what people expect me to answer. unless its in the form of a question.

But uh. What is "I find it ironic when people get annoyed that people refer to the RGBY character as "Ash" but go ahead and call characters the names from other canons. Its mind boggling really... " directed at? I can see no way it's directly related to the quoted bit.

Look above to see the question I quoted from ur last posts.

lol draaaama.

"Soul" is not a replacement for Kris. She's a totally different character. Kris would imply a Crystal remake rather than a GS remake, and that's clearly not what's intended. I don't see any problem with "Soul" - I probably won't be playing her, but who knows? If her sprites look okay then I might well do it. Here's hoping Silver looks good, though.

I'll lol if they call the male protagonist 'Heart'.
Reminds me of that kid from Captain Planet.

...It's Gold with a new look...why change his name? Makes little sense to me...

I find it ironic when people get annoyed that people refer to the RGBY character as "Ash" but go ahead and call characters the names from other canons. :unsure: Its mind boggling really...

Well, Red is obviously NOT Ash. However, the character Red in the manga is the same person, just seperate media and universe. Therefore, people will know who you are talking about if you called Brendan Ruby and vice versa. Just throwing that out there.

Well, Red is obviously NOT Ash. However, the character Red in the manga is the same person, just seperate media and universe. Therefore, people will know who you are talking about if you called Brendan Ruby and vice versa. Just throwing that out there.

And Jimmy?

Fewer people will know who you mean if you call Gold "Jimmy", but there's still only one major character known as Jimmy. :|

And for me, its easier to call Brendan "Brendan" instead of Ruby. And even then that might not be his official as I haven't heard where it was official. Hell its not even one of the name choices.

If you choose to play as the girl in R/S/E, Birch refers to the male player character as Brendan, vise-versa to the female player character being called May. This also applies to D/P/Pt.
EDIT: Damn I'm late to the arguement.

Anyways I...don't see why people don't like Soul. Sure her overalls are weird, but other than that, why hate?

Last edited:
I've been over this on other forums (pokecommunity doesn't like different opinions) and I dont feel like going through it all over again. So I won't. You can see why in the first few pages tho. Most people have given their explanations thus far.

...As long as they don't mess up Silver too badly, I'll be good. Soul is cute. I won't lie. I like her design. She's like a fail replacement Kris. Did they come out with Silver's art yet or something? I haven't seen it D:
Oh, and I'm going to call Silver Silver because that's his name D: Not Kamon or Vega or wtfever. It's Silver D: In G/S/C, that's his default name D:

Silver's new look is now on Serebii.

I'd have to say that his new appearance looks more sinister than his old one. His new jacket, hairstyle, and expression, along with the 4th-Gen. art style, make him look darker than his 2nd-Gen. counterpart.

mmm Silver <33
He looks so badass. Like he'd steal your Pokemon. Like he's Giovanni's son.
But that hair is just lovely on him <33

Back
Top Bottom