• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Chastity Ball: creepy thing or the creepiest thing?

Vladimir Putin's LJ

your blood flows through my veins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdM5sDXPu9w&feature=related

Out on the terrace under an almost moon, the black swans have vanished into the lake. David Diefenderfer has slipped outside for a cigarette; he's a leathery South Dakotan in a big black cowboy hat, and he hands over his card. HAVE GUN, WILL TRAVEL: BREEDER SERVICE, it says, with a picture of a syringe. He's in the cattle-reproduction business. He's also the father of nine children by seven women.

Three of his daughters are with him tonight, including 10-year-old Taylor. I asked what purity means to her. "I don't really know," she says, and she's shy about talking about all this. "But it means you make a promise to your dad to be a virgin until you are married and not have a lot of boyfriends."

Glamour Article
New York Times Article
Time Article

cbav6.bmp

cb2rb6.bmp

cb3fr5.bmp

cb4pw9.bmp

cb5qt6.bmp

cb6ti9.bmp

cb7pk2.bmp

cb8kv2.jpg

This makes me feel physically uncomfortable so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

I also want to see how many people show up to defend it because I know people on this forum defend fucking anything. Literally, sometimes.

Parental supercontrol is pretty creepy, yes. The whole "keep virginity for God" thing is also pretty creepy. Idolizing virginity is already creepy; making it holy is just
what

I started playing "She Bop" after reading that just to spite these people~

Nah, I don't really have a problem or care if teens don't have sex before marriage. I mean, even if their parents do hammer it into their heads, it is ultimately their decision.

This thing is a bit... odd though. It's an evening about how fathers should guard their daughter's sexuality or something? Um, k, great that the fathers care about what happens in their children's lives, but this is an odd way to do it. I personally wouldn't want to go to one of these things. It would be incredibly awkward because it's essentially a night with your dad about waiting for "THE ONE" (boyfriend/lover/husband/whatever) and an entire night of that doesn't sound like fun.

That is so gross... I'd like my sexual life to not start with my father.
EDIT: Does it look like those fathers are too touchy and the girls are uncofortable to anyone else? And what the hell is with the burning crucifx and passing under the swords? o.o;

Last edited:
I once read about a girl who wouldn't even KISS before marriage. I know maybe she wants it to be all special and everything, but it's honestly being sugarcoated: like kissing is so horribly important, and like kissing the wrong person will haunt you. I can see holding off sex, and being responsible about it, but having your father act like a guard dog is just terrible and a little creepy.

I don't know if I'll have sex before marriage- I know I'll restrict it to serious relationships, but if I end up not having sex before marriage, it's not because I'm concerned about being pure or anything.

That is so gross... I'd like my sexual life to not start with my father.
EDIT: Does it look like those fathers are too touchy and the girls are uncofortable to anyone else? And what the hell is with the burning crucifx and passing under the swords? o.o;

The ones that are young enough to not actually know what's going on don't seem too concerned!

Q: what is the significance of marriage, really?

The picture scared me off wanting to see the video, but I'm slightly disturbed.
Why would anyone want to have one of these thingies? o.O

All this "save sex for marriage" and abstainance-only sex ed classes are the reason the USA's got the highest rate of teen pregnancy in the developed world - and double that of the UK, the next-highest - see?

chart.gif

Chart taken from a really interesting article about teen pregnancy and why it's such a problem in the US here.

What the fuck?

She believes, and I do too, that her husband will come through our family connections or through me before her heart even gets involved.
fzzzt how can anyone agree with this EVER why gods why

“It’s also good for me,” said Terry Lee, 54, who attended the ball for a second year, this time with his youngest daughter, Rachel, 16. “It inspires me to be spiritual and moral in turn. If I’m holding them to such high standards, you can be sure I won’t be cheating on their mother.”
Well it's good his daughter's sex life can prevent him from breaking his wedding vows. o.o;;

But studies have also shown that most teenagers who say they will remain abstinent, like those at the ball, end up having sex before marriage, and they are far less likely to use condoms than their peers.
So it's useless and actually counterproductive. xD

Last edited:
And he prays that the girls might "step into the world with strength and passion, to lead this generation."

I think the girls' chances of leading a generation are pretty slim, to be honest.

But yeah, this is sort of creepy. Even a four year old was attending one of them! I mean, what the hell? She probably doesn't even know what she's doing.

That's not right. The kids don't even understand what they're vowing - surely they should be old enough to understand before they're asked to do this? As a girl I did hero-worship my Dad and if he told me about something I would be naturally curious, and could easily be pressured/pressed into agreeing if it'd please him and my mum.

Otherwise, I find these things just weird. If you REALLY wanna wait, you don't have to go to one of those weird-ass balls - you just gotta wait. I know I have without any endorsement from a religion or my parents.

Seen this before. I love the burning crucifix, a nice Klan touch there. It's disgusting and retarded and one of the reasons I hate conservative-ness. Well not fiscally but that's ironically what your 'conservative' government is worst at.

Lol wut?

Yeah... sorry I don't really understand what this is all about, kinda wierd

Back
Top Bottom