• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Frontier Town Civic Courtyard

Steven brought a claw to his chin. "I'm not sure. The story of the Sun's sacrifice that the Day Captain shared didn't sound like it was about victory or grand adventures."

His eyes furrowed as he tried to recall her tale.

"They said that a great darkness rose from the earth, covering the sky and blotting out the sun. In the absence of its light and warmth, the figure they revere as the Sun rose into the sky and set herself ablaze as a surrogate."

"The Wardens keep watch over the Ward in honor of her sacrifice, where it's believed she's slumbered ever since."

At this, Steven's expression fell slightly, and he shared a worried look with the group. "I hope the Sun hasn't shared the fate of the Oasis's Saint. Long gone, with only a Relic left to mark her passing. Maybe it's worth another visit to the Ward to learn more."

"Like, the shrine in memorial for Zapdos, right? Or the Timeless Oasis – no sign of Celebi, and apparently any time a Relic turns up, it supposedly means the corresponding Saint is long-passed."
Ralsen nodded. "Indeed. The relics are of particular interest, which is why I can only hope that I manage to come across a divine dungeon for myself one day."

"The Timeless Oasis was... weird," Koa admitted. "Time there behaved strange, and it was like the dungeon really was testing us. Pretty strange compared to what I'm used to. But now that its all over, I'd still want to visit another Divine Dungeon if I could... Although its still so strange to hear that saints here can go missing or even die like that." He shook his head.
Ralsen listened to Koa's account with eyes alert and attention rapt. "Fascinating..." He retrieved a journal from his bag and hastily scrawled a few notes. "I'm not much of a dungeon diver, but the trip to the heart of Templefall was illuminating. To visit a Divine Dungeon..." He paused, holding the end of his pencil to his chin. "Were you able to reach its heart?"

At this, Steven's expression fell slightly, and he shared a worried look with the group. "I hope the Sun hasn't shared the fate of the Oasis's Saint. Long gone, with only a Relic left to mark her passing. Maybe it's worth another visit to the Ward to learn more."
Ralsen continued to take notes as Steven shared what he'd heard from Fort Sunward. "I expect they'd probably know better than anyone what the Sun's fate was, if they're the keepers of her legacy." He let out a sigh, shutting his journal. "If I weren't needing to return to the university, I'd join you. But I've been on this expedition long enough, and I do need to return their camera and develop my photos. It just means that you'll need to share what you've learned when we next meet," he added, the corners of his mouth turning up slightly.

Back
Top Bottom