• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cloning

I think cloning organs is just fine since there is so many sick bastards out there who won't donate their organs.

Meat, animals, etc. is totally unnecessary, because I would really prefer those problems solved by more traditional solutions (that are actually better imo) and if we get people to shut up by just cloning then we'd never get around to other solutions.

Eh. not a huge deal since it's about as opposed by the general public as gay marriage.

I think that cloning animals is okay, but usually not necessary.

Cloning animals is completely fine with me, assuming that scientists act with caution.

I fail to see why some would be fine with cloning (presumably non-human) animals but draw the line at humans...

Hey, if people want to be cloned, that's their own problem. And even if it is decided that cloning is a bad thing, it would still be a good thing to do it at least once - one can not understand something without recreating it. I think copying some DNA counts as recreating something.

Pretty sure they've already cloned a person before, a girl.

Anyway cloning people = fuck no. We already have enough people on Earth without artificially creating copies of existing humans. Plus they'd revolt and be all 'WHY WAS I CREATED' and have a revolution and then we're all in deep shit

Aren't there still a whole load of problems with cloaning? If there are then there shouldn't be human cloning (and on a personal note (me objecting to animal experiments) animal cloning as well) untill they fix them all. How would you feel if you had to die young because of some science experiment (or to save the life of a sibling you disliked)?

Aren't there still a whole load of problems with cloaning? If there are then there shouldn't be human cloning (and on a personal note (me objecting to animal experiments) animal cloning as well) untill they fix them all. How would you feel if you had to die young because of some science experiment (or to save the life of a sibling you disliked)?

How can they fix the problems without doing it first?

I would suppose so, unless you're having brain issues.

Nice ignoring Mr. Putin's LiveJournal over there.

What is the point of cloning animals? I can understand cloning pandas or whales to save the species, but cloning animals for food/wool? Animals are being born right now that are going to end up as a meal to somebody. There is no reason that I can see to clone animals other than saving endangered species (for breeding). If anything, we need less animals since the overpopulation of some is causing a direct impact on the environment.

I do like the idea of cloning organs and tissue because it would shorten waiting lists for hearts/livers/lungs/etc dramatically if the method of cloning was perfected. It would also give people who have rarer blood types a better chance at getting new organs, too.

I don't like the idea of cloning actual humans though. Then you'd get all kinds of angsty LJ posts "I just found out I was a clone today...".

What is the point of cloning animals? I can understand cloning pandas or whales to save the species, but cloning animals for food/wool? Animals are being born right now that are going to end up as a meal to somebody. There is no reason that I can see to clone animals other than saving endangered species (for breeding). If anything, we need less animals since the overpopulation of some is causing a direct impact on the environment.

For experiments.

I don't think we should have to clone organs. Call me cold-hearted or whatever, but I think if someone dies in a car crash but still has a usable heart it should be used, family wishes be damned.
I'm all for respecting the dead, just not at the expense of living people.

this

Oh, and cloning itself is kinda wrong, I think. Not only does overpopulation kinda strain the Earth, cloning animals can be potentially harming for some people as well, with the mass amounts of food being bought needing to be increased.

I think that cloning organs would be cool, and it would probably save a lot of lives. I'd prefer it to cloning an entire human just for its organs.

But as some other people said, more people should also just donate their organs. I don't see why anybody should care what's done with their organs when they are no longer using them. Why somebody would object to it for religious reasons baffles me (but then, I'm not religious). And as for myself, I am an organ donor, so hopefully my organs will help somebody else someday. :)

Lorem Ipsum said:
For experiments.

...experiments that can either be done on humans, or an animal bought from a farm/pet store.

Besides, animal testing is horrible anyway.

Mirry said:
But as some other people said, more people should also just donate their organs. I don't see why anybody should care what's done with their organs when they are no longer using them. Why somebody would object to it for religious reasons baffles me (but then, I'm not religious). And as for myself, I am an organ donor, so hopefully my organs will help somebody else someday. :)

More people won't donate their organs. There's not enough education and awareness about organ donation and so many people don't even think about it before they die.

...I said experiements. T_T

I'd rather have experiements done on animals first, then humans. Just me, though.

Besides, animal testing is horrible anyway.
Frankly, I'd rather have a few rabbits suffer than have to personally endure years of agony and pain from a crippling incurable disease because some poor bleeding heart wanted to ban animal testing.

Last edited:
The Island was awesome! But it gets bonus points for having a Star Trek actor in it. :D

Back
Top Bottom