• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Contest! Woo! Yeah!

Phew! For a second I thought you was dead!

Just kidding. Can't wait for the next contest! Try to think of a more creative one so Surskitty doesn't close it.

The moment you’ve all been waiting for! The judging! (I promise it won’t take as long next time! :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:)

Zulo:
fluffyRapidash28324.PNG

Creativity: 12/20
A creative idea, but not creatively executed.
[Re]Coloration: 13/15
Colors look fine.
Quality 18/30
Hmm... The tail is too big and poofy for its tall position, and is halfway shielded by the wings. It took me a while to realize that the thing on the left was the end of the tail. But the wings look fine. Overall, it's kinda jumbled.
[Topic]ness 16/25
The tail is furry, but the wings don't get as many points because they're clouds! But they still get a nice amount.
How much do I like it? 4/10
Total: 63/100

Gold/Silver:
28irof9.png

Creativity: 17/20
I don't see why that tail or those antennae are there. But they look fine. But why are those wings there? They don't look like much of
anything. The added wool is a plus, though.
[Re]Coloration: 12/15
Looks fine, but the colors could've been more blending.
Quality 17/30
Those wings. The shape is so strange, especially on its right one. And the shading on both is blocky and doesn't make sense.
[Topic]ness 18/25
The added wool is nice, and I'll just assume that the wings are furry. But they don't get as many points as they could have!
How much do I like it? 5/10
Total: 69/100

o_O:
Fluffy_29499027055-iaza.jpg

Creativity: 15/20
[Re]Coloration: 14/15
White is an okay color.
Quality 3/30
One huge problem. Begins with a J and ends with a PEG!
[Topic]ness 10/25
It has clouds, but no evident fur or hair.
How much do I like it? 6/10
I like how it looks, but... see "Quality."
Total: 48/100

PichuK:
21j26vp.gif

Creativity: 16/20
I like the tail. That brings up the points. But overall, it's just a hairier bidoof. But with a cool tail.
[Re]Coloration: 10/15
Those colors seem a bit too icy.
Quality 28/30
The fur overlapping the black face circle looks more like pieces out of the face thing rather than fur. No other problems.
[Topic]ness 21/25
It's furry, and from actual fur, but not exceedingly so.
How much do I like it? 7/10
Total: 82/100

Jewel Espeon:
glamelutales.png

Creativity: 13/20
Those clouds are a nice addition, but I can't exactly see where they connect to the body.
[Re]Coloration: 12/15
The blue is borderline on too icy, but still okay.
Quality 22/30
That big cloud covers up most of the head, and has no evident connection point.
[Topic]ness 15/25
The tails cover most of this category, but those clouds get some points.
How much do I like it? 6/10
Total 68/100

Cyndaquil:
FurryPokemon.png

Creativity: 14/20
You could have put some more fur in more places.
[Re]Coloration: 14/15
Not recolored. It's appropriate for the type of sprite.
Quality 21/30
The shading on its right head fluff has a jagged edge. The other one it slightly messy. It has the outline color thicker than one pixel in one place. And how exactly does fur on the bottom of its foot work?
[Topic]ness 18/25
Again, you could have put some more fur in more places.
How much do I like it? 5/10
Total 72/100

And the winners are….

3rd: Cyndaquil!!!
picture.php

2nd: Jewel Espeon!!!
picture.php

And…

1st: PichuK!!!
picture.php

Congratulations, everyone!

On to the next theme: Outer space.

Last edited:
Oh...

Reserve me a spot for the next one though, I might not have it for a day or two. Or today, who knows.

Pretty good for my first sprite ever made... Dead last XD Did not know that I had to save in .png back then... Blarg. Anyways, working on the new thing later.

space jirachi! i enter wormhole jirachi!
thejirachithatiswormhole.png

if backgroundswont be included, may i enter a new image? if i can, than explore planet voltorb!
planetvoltorb.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom