• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Couple of Black/White questions

screw that, flygon needs that typing.
NO ONE TOUCHES MA FLYGON!!! D:<

In all seriousness, Flygon is just awesome as it is. Period.

Luvdisc should've evolved into Mamanbo!! OK, no Isshu Pokemon are related to the older ones, BUT - it wouldn't hurt to make Mamanbo a Luvdisc evo, now would it, Gamefreak? Whoever decided this is a MINDLESS JERK and needs to throw himself off a cliff.

The given explanation for certain Pokémon being similar to older Pokémon is that because no old Pokémon actually live in the region, other species evolved to fill their niches. That's a biologically sensible enough explanation that I forgive them. I mean, look at Australia; it reinvented all sorts of animals that turned out stunningly similar to their counterparts in the rest of the world, not because they have any actual relation to them but because that's just a handy type of animal to be.

Personally I am not at all saddened by the lack of new (pre)evolutions for old Pokémon. It's not like it's a requirement for anything, and it's hardly even a trend; the Hoenn generation only had two pre-evolutions of existing Pokémon and no evolutions at all. I would much rather see brand new Pokémon than updates of old ones.

Yeah, the Aiming Mark/Bullseye/Target removes immunities from the holder. It's an item meant for you to trick onto other Pokémon, not for you to hold.

Butterfree said:
I mean, look at Australia; it reinvented all sorts of animals that turned out stunningly similar to their counterparts in the rest of the world, not because they have any actual relation to them but because that's just a handy type of animal to be.
yeah, like venomous platypuses! and echidnas! :D

yeah, like venomous platypuses! and echidnas! :D

...your point being? Isshu also has Pokémon completely alien in comparison to the previous generations. On the flip side, Australia has (had) thylacines and other marsupials that have strikingly similar placental counterparts.

People generally turn animations off because it makes the battle run faster. There are also people who don't care for them.

People generally turn animations off because it makes the battle run faster. There are also people who don't care for them.

But they're talking about the animated Pokemon. I'm pretty sure that the ability to turn off the attack animations would still be in the game.

I know. In previous games, turning off the animations included turning off pokémon animations--it wasn't a selective thing. And again, turning off pokémon animations would get you to the actual battle maybe a second faster.

Back
Top Bottom