• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Creepy Pokemon Shit

Yup, there is no Charizard on the front.

I hope you don't die, like that guy in every story.

Charizard is on the box of the real one not the cartridge, I checked mine when I made my last post.

Brock, are you sure it looks like the fire red color to me?

Okay so I have finally set up a PayPal and am seriously tempted to buy the cheapest gameboy color + classic Pokemon game I can find. If nothing else, then just to be nostalgic.

Also, lmao at the quotes from that Red. It looks like the one I was joking about buying earlier :v?

And the cartridge. The real FireRed isn't translucent.

Yeah took a second look and I see what you mean.
I might go to Gamestop next Tuesday and see if they have any suspicious looking cartridges(yes they have had them, I saw one once with my own two, raven 20/20 eyes)

Crap I just read three pages of Tumblr creepypasta sleep will not come easy tonight. By far the scariest was the newest.

Just got through the Viridian Forest, my Charmander is rather stubborn, I am trying to get it to evolve before I face Brock....

Some interesting things were

"Weedle looks like a pointy penis!" Bug catcher

"This shit's way overpriced." person in Viridian City shop.

"COFFEE IS CRACK!! GIMMIE YOUR CRACK!" old man.

"I hope you all die!" Nurse Joy

xD I wish I had bought this xD

Might wanna turn off your computer:

This has always been a quiet town. As of late, it’s been quieter still. These days, people are reluctant to leave their homes.

It started off harmlessly enough. In fact, when it began, no-one would realise for quite some time that it even had. People began to suffer from increasingly severe headaches. Children were affected the most. My wife was one of the people affected, I myself did not notice any ill effect, and did not make the connection until much later.

I would guess that it was roughly a week after these headaches started, that anyone first noticed something was amiss. The first body found was a young boy, I couldn’t say for sure but I think he must have been only 12 years old at the most. Looked to be suicide.

That was just the start. From that point on, people started dropping like flies. Most fell into some manner of coma; some were suicides, as with the first case, while a small few seemed to have died outright, of no discernible cause.

What was more baffling still, was that there was little rhyme or reason to those affected, no common thread tying these people together.

Though concerned, of course, I had my own job to do, and thought I could do little else but leave the matter to those that were qualified to deal with it.

When I returned to my home not three days from the first death, however, I changed my mind.

- - -

I daresay whoever is reading this can guess at what awaited me. I would request your understanding that I do not wish to dwell long on this particular detail. Suffice to say, my wife was not waiting for my return, to greet me in our usual fashion, nor will be again.

I now had a personal stake in events, and understood all too clearly the terrible reality of the situation. With this, how could I possibly sit by and hope that someone else would resolve the situation? No, I had to do whatever I could.

The public, understandably, were quite reluctant to divulge any information to me. I cannot blame them for that. Slowly, I began to piece together the events of, by this stage, the last couple of months.

The first indication that something was wrong, I realised, was the headaches. These still persisted, and typically, when they were at their worst, someone would suffer in some fashion soon after.

However, those suffering from the headaches, and those that were dying or falling from consciousness, were two different groups. Sometimes overlapping, but it was still clear that one did not lead to the other. So rather than being the cause, I can only fathom that these headaches are a sign of the presence of whatever is doing this.

The second thing that caught my interest was the state of the victims. In almost every case, regardless of the eventual outcome, the victims show signs of self-inflicted injury. Even those patients that have survived, albeit remaining, still, unconscious, show signs of this.

The final piece of information that I have managed to gather, and the detail that has been by far the most difficult on which to persuade people to speak, is as follows.

Only 10 hours prior to the first death, erratic behavior was observed in a variety of electronic equipment. Key amongst these, in my opinion, are that through radio and other audio emitting devices, a heavy static and garbled noises have been experienced [Headaches seem to have been especially severe in those to have heard this.], and that there have been claims that a shadowy figure was seen crossing TV monitors, against a backdrop of static. Of the latter, I have only been able to gather second-hand accounts. Only a couple of months ago, I would have dismissed such fanciful tales, but with the town’s atmosphere as it is, with all those that have suffered, I find the idea that there is some connection to these events quite plausible.

It is only now, that I come to write this, that I realize that in the past few weeks, many of the people I have spoken to have left their TVS and radios switched off, unplugged, or seem not to own one at all.

- - -

I’ve seen it! The shadow they spoke of!

I was at the hospital, attempting to find out if they had observed any change in the comatose victims. My, I must profess, unsuccessful, attempts at interrogation were interrupted by a sudden, harsh burst of static. The nurse fled immediately, but I, instead, sought the source of the noise.

The screen that would normally display the patient’s vital signs was the culprit, now only a flurry of snow upon it. Against my better judgement, I did not avert my eyes, and so, continued to look on as I saw an indistinct, shadowy figure pass from one side of the screen to the other. Once it had passed, the noise subsided, and the original display slowly flickered back into view.

This is it, the cause of these events, I am sure of it. And now, having seen it. My fate. Is it, perhaps, the same?

You may be familiar with how, if you gaze upon a bright light, an image of its shape will remain once you close your eyes. That shadowy figure, in this manner, remains with me now, as I write this. It has not faded.

Worse, it does not remain still. Since I first saw it, the figure has imitated the first few steps of the figure I saw in the monitor. But now, I know, it has become aware of me, and is slowly turning in my direction.

If I could keep my eyes open, perhaps I would be safe, but everyone needs to blink. My eyes may only close for a fraction of a second; too briefly for me to even see how much progress that figure has made but I know, all the same, that it’s progress is unstoppable now. Perhaps if I took a longer look, the figure may not, by now, be quite so indistinct. Perhaps, if I had the courage, I might be able to offer some insight as to the identity of this killer. But I dare not. I do not know how close it is to me now.

I don’t know how much time I have left, but I must tell all I can, in the hopes that someone may succeed where I have failed.

You may have figured it out by now, you, who are reading this, but the injuries sustained by the previous victims…In almost all cases, the injuries were to the eyes. Some died in the attempt, but those who now lie in comas are the ones that succeeded in destroying their sight. Many that died showed signs of trying, as well, but I can only imagine they were not quite fast enough.

I…do not have the will to attempt it, I can only hope what I write here will, in some way, help to end this.

Do not look upon ANY manner of screen.

No matter what happens.

Do NOT look.

It’s close!

It’s he

- - -

‘Kadabra, Pokédex entry: Leaf Green – It emits special alpha waves from its body that induce headaches just by being close.’

‘Kadabra, Pokédex entry: Diamond – If one is nearby, an eerie shadow appears on TV screens. Seeing the shadow is said to bring bad luck.’

Until those entries, I thought it was Rotom XD.

Meh, this one didn't scare me as much. I guess I'm developing immunity to creepypasta.

I am immune; films, stories, etc, horror does not really scare me. It's disease that can creep me out(and no kadabara causing a headache or anything related to pokemon does not count).

I like the game creepypastas the best just because they are intriguing and exciting.

I still say Glitchy Red was better.

The Vampires of Petalburg Woods

“Finally! That boat ride from Slateport took ages!” groaned Ellie as he stepped onto the dock just outside of Petalburg. The green-haired, orange-clad teenager was born in Sinnoh, but preferred the opportunity to take on the Hoenn circuit. She quickly checked her belt to make sure her one and only Pokemon, a Chimchar, was well, and hastily threw her pay for the ride into the hands of Mr. Briney, Hoenn’s most famed sailor. “Why the rush, young lady?” he questioned. “I just really, really want to start my badge collecting!” she shouted as she prepared to dash away. “Slow down for a moment, if you value your life that is,” he muttered ominously.

Ellie turned back to the elderly man. He continued, “You’re heading to Rustboro, correct?” The energetic girl impatiently nodded. “In order to reach it, you must head through Petalburg Woods.” “I know! I know!” yelled Ellie. “Can I go now? Roxanne isn’t going to kick her own butt!” “But!” Mr. Briney added, ignoring Ellie’s squirming, “Be sure to stay on the trail. If you do choose to wander, beware of anything unusual… For in this seemingly innocent forest dwells vampires.” Ellie gasped. “Va-vampires? Like the ones that wear black capes and turn into Zubat and burn in the sun?” “Not necessarily,” he replied. “Rather, something that sucks the blood of anything that enters its territory. Corpses of Pokemon- and occasionally, people- have been found in the area, all of which are completely drained of blood.” Ellie shuddered- Perhaps there was an alternate route to Rustboro? “Be careful, now,” finished Mr. Briney, before entering his humble home with Peeko, his trusted Wingull, perched on his shoulder.

“What a bunch of bologna!” an arrogant voice mused. Ellie turned around to see a blonde boy donning a burgundy jacket. “It’s just a dumb story told to little kids to keep them out of the woods! Everyone knows vampires aren’t real, and it’s not like Golbat live here!” Ellie sighed with relief- the boy did have a point- her parents had told her about a “window monster” that lived on her window in order to prevent her from running away, and this was no different.

After facing off against trainers on the beach to prepare for the battles ahead, Ellie passed through the pair of trees marking the entrance to Petalburg Woods. Mr. Briney’s vampire tale still stuck with her, causing her to shake like a leaf with each step. She constantly reassured herself that it was a tale told to keep children from exploring the territory. Suddenly, a tan bulb with stumpy green feet and matching spots sprung out of the tall grass that she had been wandering. “A Shroomish!” rejoiced Ellie. “Now that will help me take down Roxanne without a sweat!” However, before she could send out her Chimchar, the mushroom-like creature dashed into the brush on the side of the road. Ellie sprinted after it, losing track of time and not bothering to keep to the trail. Her progress ended as she tripped over a root, causing the Grass/Poison hybrid to disappear from view.

As she attempted to rise, she noticed two figures lying nearby. As she approached them, she noticed that it was the smug boy from earlier. Next to him was a shaggy, chocolate-colored mammal with cream stripes- a Zigzagoon. “Hello?” she asked, but he didn’t respond. She slowly lifted up his torso and felt his chest area. She flinched- his heart wasn’t beating. Her eyes darted to what appeared to be a cut on his neck, but there wasn’t a sign of blood, not even a dried stain. “Oh…. Ha ha! Very funny!” she grumbled. That guy did seem to be a bit rude, so she wouldn’t put it past him to prank her using Britney’s urban legend. Perhaps this was a disturbingly realistic mannequin.

Ellie leaped into the air as she heard stirring behind her. Just as she was about to shriek, she noticed her new company- a large, two-toned butterfly with gorgeous red, blue, and yellow wings. “Phew, just a Beautifly… What do they do, anyway? I was told they pollinated flowers, and that they could be territorial. Oh well- it’s just a weak little insect. At least its Absorb might help take down that Rock type leader.” Ellie tossed a red and white Pokeball forward, releasing an orange ape with flames covering its lower back. “Chimchar, Scratch!” she commanded. The simian dashed forward and slashed the back of the Beautifly. Just as it retreated, the insect whirled around, its eyes burning with anger. It emitted a screeching noise, causing Ellie’s skin to crawl.

“It’s just trying to intimidate me. Chimchar, another Scratch!” But before it could lift a finger, the Beautifly hurled itself onto the Chimchar and stabbed into the monkey’s neck like a harpoon. “WHAT!?” screamed Ellie, her heart pounding in her chest. The seemingly-innocent creature’s proboscis became tainted a bright scarlet color, and within a matter of seconds, the Chimchar went limp. Ellie dashed instantly, tears of fear streaming from her eyes. Unfortunately, the winged menace was too fast, and launched itself onto her back.

Ellie felt like someone had shoved a small knife into her as the Beautifly began its feeding. As her strength drained with her blood, Ellie collapsed to the ground, her Pokedex slipped out of her pack. Just as she was about to fade, the machine spoke in an electronic voice,

“Beautifly, the Butterfly Pokemon. It has an aggressive nature. It stabs prey with its long, narrow mouth to drain the prey’s fluids.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom