• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Creepy Pokemon Shit

Thank you for the nightmares. [/sarcasm]

Good to see a game from the rival's POV, but the ending is rather weak. And I thought he'd win everytime except he'd lose to you.

Lost Silver picture is just... oh, this will sound as weird as hell... kind of... cute actually. Gah. OK, torture me, but that's how I think of it. D:

Thank you for the nightmares. [/sarcasm]

Good to see a game from the rival's POV, but the ending is rather weak. And I thought he'd win everytime except he'd lose to you.

That's exactly what I said, ??? was badass he only lost to you.

Hm. Tarnished gold and the story at the beginning here were kind of interesting, but not that scary. I think they have a lot of potential though. If something had happened to the player in real life that somehow corresponded to the glitched game - like someone dying right after each character did, or something getting stolen every time Silver stole something, then maybe it'd be scarier.

And the bloody guy was more weird than freaky. But I still like reading this thread, haha.

That possibly Pokemon one I missed until now seemed like it was modern America caught in the fight of RSE.

Ugh, sorry for all the broken links that are now my posts. Photobucket shut down my account.

Here's another one I found on the net. It's kind of poorly written, but still creepy:
A few years ago, after I had lost my Pokemon Red Version, I decided it would be a good idea to buy a new cartridge. After looking around for a few days on the internet and in used games stores, I found one on this site that I don’t remember the name of. it was cheap, only $1 USD, so I decided to get it, since if it didn’t work, I only wasted a dollar.

I ordered it, and then went to sleep that night. I had a very strange dream that night, I don’t remember much of it, but I remember something about the game that I had ordered. I seem to remember it to be a scary dream, but I could be remembering it wrong.

I waited and I waited for the game to come. I eventually decided that it wouldn’t be coming, so he stole a dollar from me, what’s that good for nowadays?

Then, the next day, after two whole months, the game finally came.

At first, I didn’t know what it was, it was in a plain white box, completely unmarked. No address or return address, so I wondered how the delivery guy knew to come to my house. I opened the box, and saw the game inside.

The cartridge was completely blank, but I suspected this to rowdy kids, as I did it to a few of my games when I was younger. I decided to try it out right away, and went to get my Game Boy, and put the game inside.

The main menu came up like normal, and I saw there was a saved game. Strangely, it was my name that was on it, but I just thought that the person must have had the same name as me.

As the game loaded, I noticed that it was at the very beginning of the game, which was strange, since it looked like the player had not taken a single step. I went downstairs as normal, and when I talked to the mother, I noticed that she had a name, which is strange in itself considering the fact that in Pokemon games, they don’t give your mother a name.

Stranger yet, however, was the fact that her name was the same as my real mother’s.

It was here I realized this was a hack, but thought that it might be a “good hack,” and that the names were simply coincidences.

After this, I did the game as normal, going into the grass above Pallet Town, but instead of seeing “Oak” in the textbox, I saw the name of my grandfather.

as I saw this, I was starting to get freeaked out. But stuff like this can happen. After we got to the lab, and “Blue” started talking, in the textbox, the name listed was the name of my brother.

I was starting to get very freaked out by now, but I decided to play the game normally. Everything was the same, except for the names. Everyone that was named had the name of one of my family members or friends.

I eventually got to the Elite 4, and this is when it started getting weird. Replacing Lorelei was my principle in 5th grade. Replacing Bruno was my former boss that had fired me. Replacing Agatha was a nanny from my childhood, and replacing Lance was a boss of the place I had just been fired from a week before.

Then, after defeating my “brother”, instead of the typical Hall of Fame Scene, the room went black.

Then, a textbox appeared.

“MYSTERIOUS VOICE: THANKYOUFORYOURCOOPERATION

IHAVEBEENWAITINGFORALONGTIME

YOURLIFEBELONGSTOMENOW”

When this came up, I was very skeptical. I waited for the game to save, then I turned it off.

The next day, I had some very important things to do, which would cost a lot of money. I called the bank to see what the balance was on my credit card.

As I talked to the lady on the phone, she said that the account had recently been canceled. I told her that I did not do this, and she replied that I had indeed done it just the day before.

I thought that this was very strange, and did not rest easy that day.

After a while, I decided to call my mother. She answered the phone very questioningly, even though she had caller ID. She asked who I was, and I told her it was me.

What she said next was very heartbreaking to me. She said that I couldn’t be her son, because “he” was visiting her right at the moment.

I thought her memory was fading, so I called my brother. He answers his phone without looking at caller ID, so I said that it was me. He asked if I was calling to rub it in.

This got me curious, so I ask him what he meant. He laughed sarcastically and said that we got in a fistfight the day before and that I had won, giving him a black eye and a brooken nose.

I hung up the phone without saying goodbye, and decided to get some rest.

When I woke up the next day, I remembered everything that had happened, and decided that my name was useless, so I should change it. So now I have no family, a different name, and complete wonder over what is happening to my family.

I think this one had potential...

It had been a while since I played Pokemon Pearl. I decided to boot it up to psych myself up for Black and White. I’d saved in Solaceon town (I considered it my ‘home base’ of sorts) in the Pokemon center, so I walked up to my PC to see how my pokemon were doing.

Everything seemed in order until I got to Box 16. A small group of Unown was sitting inside. Normally, you wouldn’t find this weird, but I’d only ever caught 1 Unown (uncreatively named “F” as that’s what letter it was.)

H O A R D E

R

Haha. Very funny. Maybe my dad or brother had picked up the game and caught some stuff in the Unown ruins that were off to the side of the town. I looked at each one’s stats - all had low health, strangely enough. That and the catch date read as that morning.

… I hadn’t even touched it that morning. I scrolled through my other boxes, checking the pokemon one by one, and again, everything seemed fine. Then I reached Box 5, which I’d nicknamed “Legend2” (this being pokemon I am sure you can guess I kept legendaries in it. The other “Legend” box was Box 4, as I couldn’t fit them all into one box.)

I’d had a Phione, Manaphy, a Movie 10 Darkrai, Shaymin, an event Regigigas, and a Pokemon Ranger Darkrai in the box. Everything but the Darkrai pair had 0 HP.

… what. Did they resent being in the boxes or something? I was suddenly glad that I’d kept the movie Arceus in my party.

I scrolled to Box 4 (“Legend”). Everything in that box was KO’d as well, save for the Mewtwo I had ported from FireRed.

A distorted Darkrai cry suddenly sounded in the speakers. I scrolled back to Legend2 and found that the Pokemon Ranger Darkrai had been KO’d. The Movie 10 Darkrai had also moved from its previous position in the box. And there were now Unown in the empty spaces below the KO’d Pokemon…

S U F F O C

A T E D

This time a distorted Mewtwo cry played. Looking back into Legend, I saw that the Mewtwo had fainted.

A cacophony of Pokemon cries began to play. I scrolled through the boxes and saw everything’s HP at 0.

Box 16’s Unown now spelled

Y O U R

T U R N

I shut off the PC and ran from the Pokemon Center. Unfortunately, the Darkrai was stalking me. One by one my party pokemon were KO’d as I walked, until only the movie Arceus remained. I assumed this was because it was at the back of my party. Eventually, [ARCEUS fainted!] popped up in a text box. My trainer whited out, but I was not taken to a Pokemon Center. The screen instead faded to black.

One by one, Unown appeared on the screen, eventually spelling out:

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Hitting buttons did nothing at this point so I reset. It never happened again, but I’ll always regard that Movie Darkrai with suspicion…

...but the "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?" made it go from potentially creepy to hilarious.

Mmmmm not too intrigued by that one, it was an interesting idea but a little too random. A perfectly functional, legitimately bought cartridge suddenly experiencing this very specific and detailed glitch is not believable. The unown messages particularly imply a specific hack which only makes sense occurring in a used cartridge that another person clearly handled in a number of possible ways. Or perhaps he could have ventured that an electronics buff relative could have messed with his cartridge. But written this way it did not make sense. Sorry but probably the poorest written one I had read here so far.

I think that any creepypasta that relies way too much on supernatural things happening is probably not going to be scary. Unnerving hacked games and glitches are a lot more effective than "LOL GHOSTS JUMPED OUT OF MY GAMEBOY AND THEN MY WHOLE FAMILY DIED I'M NEVER PLAYING POKEMON AGAIN". I also think stories involving more recent games are a lot harder to make creepy.

The one I just posted probably could have been made better by it not being the dude's legit cartridge, but even then the use of the "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW" meme just makes me think of the burger king and completely kills any creepy undertones the thing had. :P

I've found a lot more, by the way, but I didn't find any of them good enough to post. There are a lot on http://fyeahpokemoncreepypasta.tumblr.com .

I soo want to find a hacked game, it would be soooo fun to give to someone as a gift.

I would actually love to have one of these weird hack experiences, these stories almost tempt me to buy a cartridge on amazon lol. Probably would be Silver since mine died a few years ago so it's like the only one I don't still have. My gold died too but I hardly ever played it, I never made it all the way through that is for sure. Farthest I got was Mahongony I think.

I LOVE this one, and I don't know why. It's pretty fricken awesome, unless you like Duskull (SPOILER!!!)

In the region of Hoenn, there is no pokemon tower. No organized resting place for the bodies, graves and ghosts of the deceased.
There is Mount Pyre. An entire mountain, that serves as one massive, chaotic gravesite for the region. It’s tempting to go there, test your wits and see if you can get through it. By all means, go, take the risk. But here’s a word of warning;
If you see a skull, just a skull, be it floating in the air or resting on the ground. Turn away from it and flee, as quietly as you can, dont let it see you and don’t let it hear you.
Duskull are everywhere, and if you look into the sockets of it’s skull you’ll see it’s red eyes, it’s casting hypnosis, try not to fall asleep. If you do fall asleep, try and wake yourself up as quickly as possible. You’ll be able to feel it, the darkness that surrounds a duskull, taking shape and wrapping around you. Try and wake yourself up, fast. You might only be wrapped up to the knees, that’s okay, you can live without lower legs. If you sleep through this, there’s no hope.
If it hasn’t wrapped up your arms, and you can move them, reach up to your face. The skull will have attached itself there, pull it off. Really pull at it, they’re stubborn. If it wont come off, and you still have use of your arms, grab a rock and smash the skull off your head. Use a lot of force, it’s going to hurt, but it will save you…if it works.
If your arms become tangled up in the black bandages you might aswell smash your head on the rocks, try to crack the skull off the outside of your face.
If you do get it off, and you still have some ability to move, leave as fast as you can and go to a hospital, your limbs may be useless but at least you got away!
If you can’t get it off, the duskull will wrap you in its bandages entirely. They wrap around your chest all too tightly and restrict your breathing, they wrap around your neck and choke you, they even wrap around your head and around the skull ontop of your head, covering your mouth and nose.

It has contoll now, there’s no point in struggling anymore. Don’t worry, you won’t die. No, you won’t ever die, you’ll be strangled by the bandages as they press down on your chest and tighten at your neck. The new Dusklops simply uses your body as its own physical form.

Helping a pokemon to evolve is a noble thing to do after all, so maybe it’s not all bad. With the air flow to your brain restricted, you’ll start to lose brain functionality anyway. Eventually you won’t even remember you were human.

Does anyone else like it, or am I crazy?

@Mewtwo's Amber: Google Lost Silver. Somewhere you'll find the download. Full working game is up, I played it, stays true to the story and looks exactly like a Pokemon game even though it technically isn't a "hack".

Duskull are everywhere, and if you look into the sockets of it’s skull you’ll see it’s red eyes,

Duskull only have one eye. >:|

ruined the story for me, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom