• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cruel Mode Mafia [INDEPENDENT WIN]

Re: Cruel Mode Mafia [DAY 1]

Well since Blaziking's role seems to be useful, I'll change my vote to legendaryseeker99.

Blaziking, maybe you could clarify your role for us a bit more? iirc there was a hider role in some other Mafia game that helped the innocents win. Whatever was aimed at them would be directed upon the person they hid behind, but if they hid behind a Mafia member, they'd die. If that's the case with your power, then you could tell us who you're hiding behind every night the day prior, and if you die, then we'll know who to lynch. ... or something.

Well since Blaziking's role seems to be useful, I'll change my vote to legendaryseeker99.

Blaziking, maybe you could clarify your role for us a bit more? iirc there was a hider role in some other Mafia game that helped the innocents win. Whatever was aimed at them would be directed upon the person they hid behind, but if they hid behind a Mafia member, they'd die. If that's the case with your power, then you could tell us who you're hiding behind every night the day prior, and if you die, then we'll know who to lynch. ... or something.

# Hider - Hides behind someone each night. Any abilities directed at the Hider go to the person they hide behind. If the person the Hider hides behind is killed, the Hider dies too. If the Hider hides behind a mafiat, the Hider dies anyway.

Blaziking, as you are no longer referencing GS:DD I no longer have any attachment to you living >|

Anyway, yeah, let's have it be like this: nobody roleclaim unless under the threat of death or if you have something immediately useful, because really, there must be 6-7 roles known now. And if you can argue you're useful, then the mafia wants you gone, so.

Legendaryseeker99, your main chance of life is probably roleclaiming so we can compare your usefulness to the others.

Roleclaim= getting killed tonight.
No roleclaim= getting lynched.
Lose-Lose situation.
Okay, fine. I'll try to be useful.

I'm an inspector, I investigated Blaziking last night, was innocent, blah blah blah.

So yeah.
Well, I guess I could be healed tonight, but there is a bigger chance of healerclash than protection.

But if you guys lynch me today, you'll regret it.
[/soundinglikeanAlien]

And fine, vote for me. I don't care >_>

But if you guys lynch me today, you'll regret it.

>> This kind of thing really only tends to annoy me. I'd also say that
[/soundinglikeanAlien]
makes you being alien unlikely, since things could be done so much subtler if you were an activated alien.

Inspector roleclaim is suspicious itself, actually.

I can't believe no-one has retracted their vote from me, and instead voted for someone who's role is completely useless, like ole-schooler.

I can't believe no-one has retracted their vote from me, and instead voted for someone who's role is completely useless, like ole-schooler.

Well, Inspector's a pretty safe claim to make. No one's gonna want to lynch an Inspector, it's like claiming to be an Activated Alien. And anyone can lie about that. There's still time.

Hey, hey, that's not very nice. Even if it's confusing by my own admission, I figured out a way to use it. Plus, we've still got some votes for Flower Doll, and that bandwagon was abandoned a few pages back.

Speaking of which, with the newly split votes, we have 7 for Blaziking, 6 for Legendaryseeker99, 4 for me (argh), 2 for Flower Doll, 1 for Wargle, 2 withdrawn (Meowth and Jekyll), and 1 that has yet to vote (Wargle, looking at you here). I mension those names as they have much more ability to sway the votes, as we have a bit of a horse race. And because Blaziking did the favor of not voting for me, I'm gonna swap my vote for Legendaryseeker99, putting them at 7 votes and Blaziking at 6.

Blaziking: in the off chance that Legendaryseeker99 doesn't get lynched, I'd say hide behind him. Otherwise it's really up to you, but I think a healer should heal you or the person you're hiding behind so we don't lose two (probable) innocents in one fell swoop.

That said I still find Legendaryseeker99 rather suspicious, so I'm sticking with my vote.

If Legendaryseeker99 doesn't get lynched, wouldn't Blaziking be the next most likely?

Uh, but Wargle also claimed inspector without prompting, so maybe go for him?

gahhh

Guys, just because someone roleclaims, it doesn't actually make them in any way less suspicious. Especially if their claim is something we obviously will have, like an inspector or a doctor, which also aren't hard to think of.

A potential lynch victim is hardly going to go "you caught me!". Unless some major change happens, could we try not withdrawing and switching our votes willy-nilly? Especially withdrawing, given that we can't abstain in this game or the victim is randomised. And then we might actually lose someone important.

Blaziking: in the off chance that Legendaryseeker99 doesn't get lynched, I'd say hide behind him. Otherwise it's really up to you, but I think a healer should heal you or the person you're hiding behind so we don't lose two (probable) innocents in one fell swoop.

There would be no point in a doctor healing Blaziking if he hides behind someone - they'd have to heal the person he's hiding behind to make sure that we don't lose two innocents. Since we do have someone who has claimed doctor, why don't we just have Flora heal whoever Blaziking chooses to hide behind so that we can make sure there's no healer clash? (Flora could be lying, of course, but then killing them would make that obvious.)

I'm finding both of these inspector claims very suspicious. Wargle and Legendaryseeker99 both claim to have inspected someone who has already revealed their role, and honestly I don't know why you would inspect someone like Blaziking who tends to be inactive in games and get lynched anyway. There are better choices for inspections, really.

gahhh

Guys, just because someone roleclaims, it doesn't actually make them in any way less suspicious. Especially if their claim is something we obviously will have, like an inspector or a doctor, which also aren't hard to think of.

A potential lynch victim is hardly going to go "you caught me!". Unless some major change happens, could we try not withdrawing and switching our votes willy-nilly? Especially withdrawing, given that we can't abstain in this game or the victim is randomised. And then we might actually lose someone important.

While I agree with what you're saying, we were never really suspicious of the people we nominated; we just did so because we have to lynch someone and we went for the inactives. If we have no reason to be suspicious of their claim (e.g. Flora's doctor claim) then I see no reason to keep voting for them. (Unless you'd like to tell us why you're suspicious of Flora :D?)

@EE: If someone heals Blaziking, it's directed onto the person he's hiding behind anyway, so there wouldn't be a difference between targeting him and the person he's hiding behind.

Okay, now I'm starting to actually need this to keep up with all the roleclaims. (And it's still day one!)

Emerald Espeon: eleven posts
Hyde, Jekyll, blazheirio889: nine posts
Midnight: eight posts
OrngSumb: seven posts
Blaziking, Meowth, Legendaryseeker99: six posts
Cirrus: five posts
Karkat Vantas, Jack_the_PumpkinKing, Squirrel: four posts
Bachuru, Seritinajii, Kirby-Chan, Flower Doll, ole_schooler, Mai, Dave Strider: three posts
enekoiru, newt: two posts
Wargle: one post

Superbird and opaltiger are dead.

NOTES:

opaltiger was mafia
-- possibly bus driver or bodyguard?
-- OrngSumb says he vigilante-killed him

Superbird was not mafia
-- possibly vigilante kill, due to flavortext? ("There is something strangely off about it; what kind of Mafia uses knives to kill people?")

Blazhy roleclaims as 'someone who can see who targeted a person during the entire game'
-- says that the only one who targeted opaltiger was OrngSumb

OrngSumb declares he is not bus driver, 'got very lucky with his night action'
-- Butterfree suggests schizo of some sort
-- OrngSumb roleclaims as 'a vigilante/some killing role'

Flower Doll roleclaims as doctor
-- healed me ♥

discussion re: two deaths
-- possibly both vigilantes?
---- but then where is mafia. alien? doc heal??
-- possibly one mafia, one vigilante?
-- WHO KNOWS

Cirrus is suspicious of Flower Doll
-- Flower Doll wants to know why.
-- Cirrus will not say why.

suggestions for Blazhy to target
-- myself, to clear Flower Doll (but she's not terribly suspicious)
-- Superbird, to find out who may have killed him (but we don't especially want to reveal vigilantes, presuming it was a vigkill)
-- other suggestions??

Wargle roleclaims as inspector
-- declares Blazhy innocent
-- this has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Blaziking roleclaims as 'hider'
-- "Hides behind someone each night. Any actions directed at the Hider go to the person they hide behind. If the person the Hider hides behind is killed, the Hider dies too. If the Hider hides behind the mafia don, the Hider dies anyway."

oleschooler roleclaims as what we in the biz like to call time mage
-- can delay anyone's night action by one night

Legendaryseeker99 roleclaims as inspector
-- declares Blaziking innocent

I do hope this helps /someone/, gosh.

Votes are "8 for Legendaryseeker99, 6 for Blaziking, 4 for oleschooler, 2 for Flower Doll, 1 for Wargle, 2 withdrawn (Meowth and Jekyll), and 1 that has yet to vote (Wargle)". To try to make it a majority, I'll move my vote from Blaziking to Legendaryseeker99.

After a tiring day of shouting and pointing fingers blindly at those lagging behind, the town comes to a somewhat tenuous conclusion. Legendaryseeker99 is dragged from his spot by a mysterious force, a despairing shout gurgling from his throat half a second too late. He crumples back to the ground, neck neatly broken.

Legendaryseeker99 is dead. He was not mafia.

48 hours for night actions.

Re: Cruel Mode Mafia [DAY 2]

By the time everyone wakes up and drags themselves slowly to the town square, there are only a couple of terribly sulky-looking townies glowering at them. Many are entirely confused by the events of last night – my head really hurts, you know? I mean, did he really get off with her? Gross! - but nobody seems neither willing nor sober enough to fully describe the events of last night. Sure, they had two dead innocents on their hands, but a Mafia was dead and that was great! And someone had suggested PARTY TIME so they went and had party time and it had been... confusing, certainly.

One of the few ailment-less townspeople gets up on stage to start rollcall, and it all goes quite smoothly. Nobody is absent today. How nice. Somebody throws up on another's shoes. Not so nice.

Nobody has died.

48 hours for day discussion.

3 people did not submit their night actions.
(Note: 'withdrawal' is not a valid vote and is just as bad as abstaining. Change your vote or leave it.)

Re: Cruel Mode Mafia [DAY 2]

... So. Party pooper? Party host? ... Randomizing everything makes it complicated, unless mafia forgot to PM, but roleblock for everyone's simple enough.

Back
Top Bottom