• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cruel Mode Mafia [INDEPENDENT WIN]

Re: Cruel Mode Mafia [DAY 3]

Okay, now that I actually have time:

Superbird, opaltiger, Legendaryseeker99, Flower Doll, Bachuru, and blazheirio889 are dead.

NOTES and ROLECLAIMS:

opaltiger was mafia
-- OrngSumb says he vigilante-killed him

Superbird was not mafia
-- possibly vigilante kill, due to flavortext? ("There is something strangely off about it; what kind of Mafia uses knives to kill people?")

Blazhy roleclaims as 'someone who can see who targeted a person during the entire game'
-- says that the only one who targeted opaltiger was OrngSumb
-- says that "one person targeted Bachuru on night two"

Flower Doll roleclaims as doctor
-- healed me
-- Cirrus was "suspicious"; now that she's been cleared, whyso?

Legendaryseeker99 roleclaims as inspector
-- declares Blaziking innocent

OrngSumb roleclaims as 'a vigilante/some killing role'

Wargle roleclaims as inspector
-- declares Blazhy innocent
-- declares Jekyll innocent

Blaziking roleclaims as 'hider'

oleschooler roleclaims as time mage...??
-- can delay anyone's night action by one night
-- claims to have something to do with the parties, what?

okay, there's more, but i lied lol don't have time atm.

Maybe we have a bus driver who decided to switch you out with someone (or blazhy out with someone, hmm) so you ended up not hidden behind her even though you thought you were? /wildmassguessing

Midnight, you're certain it was an action shuffle and not likely something else?

And Midnight, please don't blame the randomizers, unless you have proof that they actually used their action this time, because I'm pretty sure I'm the party-thrower again.

00:13 < Tailsy> ... so i mention that everyone partied hard again
00:13 < Tailsy> and someone guesses a bus driver happened
00:13 < Tailsy> /really/
00:13 < Tailsy> do bus drivers go to parties
00:13 < Tailsy> sure they do
00:13 < Tailsy> BUT THEY DON'T THROW PARTIES FOR TWO PEOPLE
00:13 < Tailsy> mumble mumble i'm really tired

also who caught what happened when tailsy messed up last night? that could reveal some useful infos.

She killed me for being inactive, which I have not been. I don't really have much info further than that though, nothing particularly useful anyways.

One person killed himself/herself (don't remember who) after seeing the corpse. Maybe they're lovers?

But then it was reversed, so it might also have been related to inactivity. Unless Dave Strider and that other person are lovers.

I'm thinking "And that's what happens when you don't post" referred to both of them, though.

Party still sounds like randomizer, but isn't that usually single-use...? I dunno, don't have much useful to say today.

Unless there was a copying role who used it before the original role did.

And okay, the posting thing makes sense after further thought.

Party still sounds like randomizer, but isn't that usually single-use...? I dunno, don't have much useful to say today.

There could be more than one, maybe? Or maybe a party pooper used their action on night one, and last night we had a party host? I wonder why they would want to use their actions, though, but it seems quite a lot more likely that the flavour text is talking about one of the party roles than the timewarper like ole_schooler says.

please don't blame the randomizers, unless you have proof that they actually used their action this time, because I'm pretty sure I'm the party-thrower again.

I kind of doubt it. If the flavour text really is referring to your role, then it's going to be talking about a party every time you use his action from now on and I don't really see the use of the timewarper role as being that noteworthy. Besides, then you wouldn't be throwing a party for the whole town, just the one person that you targeted.

There could be more than one, maybe? Or maybe a party pooper used their action on night one, and last night we had a party host? I wonder why they would want to use their actions, though, but it seems quite a lot more likely that the flavour text is talking about one of the party roles than the timewarper like ole_schooler says.
Well, if you don't really know anything, mass roleblock gives you another day for someone to say something incriminating. I guess. Mass randomize seems more like something you should actually plan for.

Does anyone actually use the randomizer role?

I... haven't really been keeping up with this game. I'm the prankster, which is basically roleblocker with different flavour. So I'm going to propose that all the roleblockers/delayers/timewarpers/etc. are flavor roles based loosey on partying.

Since Cirrus hasn't explained why she was suspicious of Flora even after she turned up innocent, and we need to lynch someone, I think I'll vote for Cirrus.

Since Cirrus hasn't explained why she was suspicious of Flora even after she turned up innocent, and we need to lynch someone, I think I'll vote for Cirrus.

Roleclaim time: I'm another inspector. Cirrus, Midnight and Wargle are innocent, or at least appear so to inspection. (Or I could be naive? I don't know whether we're dealing with sanities or not.)

Tailsy hates sanities iirc, so I think you're for real.

EDIT: Did you inspect them in that order?

I... haven't really been keeping up with this game. I'm the prankster, which is basically roleblocker with different flavour. So I'm going to propose that all the roleblockers/delayers/timewarpers/etc. are flavor roles based loosey on partying.

So who have you blocked?

Roleclaim time: I'm another inspector. Cirrus, Midnight and Wargle are innocent, or at least appear so to inspection. (Or I could be naive? I don't know whether we're dealing with sanities or not.)

Hm! I don't know how Tailsy feels about sanities, but with three (at least) cops out of twenty-five people it seems like at least one of them would have some sort of sanity, doesn't it?

I'm pretty sure Tailsy's part of the #mafia conglomerate as far as no sanities ever goes.

Tailsy hates sanities iirc, so I think you're for real.

EDIT: Did you inspect them in that order?

Midnight night zero just because she's always Mafia (except now apparently!). Then Wargle because I don't remember*, and Cirrus last night for the same reason you wanted to lynch her.

*IIRC I thought she was acting suspiciously enough to inspect but less suspiciously than other people, so I figured the inspectors that had already roleclaimed would inspect the more obvious people.

Alright, tell y'all what: Tonight, I won't use my action, and the next night, assuming I survive, I will. This should indicate if my actions (alone) are causing the partying. Perhaps.

As for lynching...Someone has got to be lying, but I can't yet tell who it is. Someone clever, as they may have refrained on targeting anyone night-before-last to make it look like Flower Doll was Mafia. And if they're clever enough to realize when they were targeted...hmm. I should stop announcing who I targeted. But then no one would have benefit of my information. Mafia is hard.

Blaziking, target Jack_the_PumpkinKing or Wargle, maybe? The summary doesn't mention if we've cleared either, and I forget. I feel like we should at least do some sort of checking on our inspectors before we trust what they say, so yeah. I'd say hide behind Jack preferentially because he's more active and a mafia would be less likely to just say "X is innocent" every day (we instead have the laziest inspector ever) so there's probably a greater chance of his guilt, and more usefulness if we can trust him.

sry Jack. But if you're an inspector, it shouldn't really affect you much.

Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't think we have a still-living healer who's roleclaimed, but if there's still an un-claimed healer floating around somewhere, you might want to heal me (or Blaziking?*) if you feel lucky/confident that another un-claimed healer won't also heal me. So that we won't lose two useful roles (inspector & hider) in one swoop.

*Still not entirely sure how the hider thing works here, it sounds slightly different than how I used it a couple games ago. Does everything that targets either the hider or the hidden-behind-person actually hit both?

Back
Top Bottom