• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cruel Mode Mafia [INDEPENDENT WIN]

Re: Cruel Mode Mafia [DAY 3]

Alright, I'll hide behind Jack tonight.

*Still not entirely sure how the hider thing works here, it sounds slightly different than how I used it a couple games ago. Does everything that targets either the hider or the hidden-behind-person actually hit both?
This is basically what I got from my role PM.
-Every night I can hide behind one person
-If that person is targeted, both me and that person will be killed
-I'll be killed if I hide behind a mafia member

I assume that's "If that person is targeted by the mafia"? Because being targeted by anything --> hider dies is kind of, um. But that would mean you're safe if, say, Jack is double-healed (or you are, or each of you is singly healed) - we'd still lose an inspector but that's beside the point - so if you die, either the mafia targeted one of you or the mafia is the other person.

And also, you die if you hide behind a mafia person, regardless of whether the mafioso is the killer?

Oh god, I was so sure I'd posted here already for this day. :|

I have a healing role, so I'll heal Jack tonight. I wouldn't roleclaim, but if he got overdosed that would kinda suck. The reason why I was suspicious of Flora was because my role PM stated that I was "the Doctor" - not a. I assumed this meant that there was just a single doctor in the game. Obviously I wasn't sure, and didn't want to roleclaim then, so I didn't explain it all at the time.

If she actually was a doctor, it probably means there might be quite a few the Doctors around, perhaps some who haven't claimed yet! If so, please heal me tonight, and not Jack.

I'm also pretty confused about the Hider role. If I save Jack from a mafioso attack, does the hider still live? If so, maybe it would be best to hide behind someone else? Or maybe I'm getting the whole role confused.

anyway yeah I don't have anything more useful to say. I got totally distracted from this game and need to read back up on it. ; ;

I'm also pretty confused about the Hider role. If I save Jack from a mafioso attack, does the hider still live? If so, maybe it would be best to hide behind someone else? Or maybe I'm getting the whole role confused.

You healing Jack won't stop the hider from dying if Jack is Mafia. But if Jack is innocent and gets killed tonight, the hider will die as well, so it is a good idea to heal him.

So, uh, since our fourty-eight hours have already past, might this be a good time for us to actually decide on someone to lynch?

Despite only having one pathetic vote, due to nobody being intelligent enough to vote for someone else, Cirrus is immediately put out of her misery with a clean headshot from seemingly nowhere. HOW DEPRESSING. YOU ALL CRIED TEARS OF FAILURE AT YOUR RUBBISH DECISION-MAKING.

Cirrus is dead. She was not Mafia.

48 hours for night actions.

Re: Cruel Mode Mafia [NIGHT 3]

The day dawns, the sky clear and poster-paint blue. After the rather overambitious partying of the last two days, everything seems eerily peaceful this morning. It's an unsettling calm that blankets over the townspeople like a superhero's cape - a strange blend of unknown responsibility and the amount of guilt that comes packaged with it.

Tied with a pretty bow and everything.

Today there is only one person missing from rollcall, and that is Applebloom. It takes everyone a while to find her, but eventually they discover her in the bushes of a house that isn't hers, her face determined even in death, a scarlet-black congealed mess surrounding a neat hole in her chest. It's a sad loss; everyone is so much more vulnerable now, aren't they...?

Applebloom is dead. She was not Mafia.

Discouraged by this sad find, the town all sit in a happy circle to talk about it. Well, most of them will talk about it...

3 people did not send in their night actions. 48 hours for day discussion.

(SORRY I WAS IN DUNDEE FOR THE WEEKEND AND JORDAN DOESN'T APPRECIATE ME SPENDING A MILLION YEARS ON FLAVOURTEXT)

Re: Cruel Mode Mafia [DAY 4]

Guys, I found a Mafia. Jekyll.

Since Blaziking is not dead that should confirm my innocence, at least unless he forgot to send in a night action or whatever.

...wait, if that's the case, then both of them are telling the truth.

So since I doubt Jack was lying, I'm going to suggest we lynch someone else without an alibi.

Well, then. Let's random lynch someone quiet! Unless we want to distrust Wargle as possibly mafia pretending to be inspector and claiming Jekyll is innocent to save another mafioso, or Jack as mafia and not the one who goes around killing people, given that I would assume the dying if hiding behind a mafioso only applies if it's the mafioso whose role may be blocked.

I can't think of Dave Strider really doing anything? I just really want to get my vote off of a possible alien and Tailsy does not approve of redacting.

Wargle suggested She might be naive, but I don't think a Mafia would contribute so much.
Cough

HEY WARGLE YOU DIDN'T POST YESTERDAY!!!

I know thid. Goddamned silencers. There is one in this game.

In the bushes of a house not her own? Damned bus driver.

And in Blaziking didn't send in an action I inspected Jack anyway. Innocent.

And whatever night was before the day I couldn't speak((2 i think)) surskitty was innocent.

As we've just seen, every vote really makes a difference in this game. (I am kind of raging over our loss of yet another doctor, gdit.) As long as there's the possibility of activated alien... But we know Dave Strider is innocent. He already died, remember? Let me see...

Dangit, who is this Derpy Hooves. ... Oh, Whivit. Well, I don't remember them roleclaiming or saying anything important, so um, I'm fine with that.

Okay, then, Whivit and, please Mafia, take care of that alien(?) for us, it's good for you too ;)

Back
Top Bottom