• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cruel Mode Mafia [INDEPENDENT WIN]

Re: Cruel Mode Mafia [DAY 5]

No, activated alien flips mafia when inspected. I've been scolded for this.

Sure, Mai.

Sure, Mai's fine with me.

Putting together all that info above probably means I'll be a target for the Mafia tonight, so if we still have healers alive (I doubt we do) I might be the best bet to target. Otherwise, good luck to everyone tomorrow. (Unless more exciting stuff happens today, of course.)

At this point I think Wargle, Blaziking and I need to coordinate our night actions so we can maximize our innocence-verifying capabilities. Personally I'm suspicious of the fact that Squirrel and Karkat are both roleblockers but with different flavor roles (it's entirely possible, but not a lot of GMs go out of their way to make doubled roles distinctive flavor-wise). How about if I inspect Squirrel and Wargle inspects Karkat? Then Blaziking can hide behind one of our other unchecked players. (I'm also a little suspicious of Seri, since he hasn't posted since Day 3 and normally he tends to post regularly and often. Do you want to hide behind him, Blaziking?)

I'm bulletproof and innocent! I haven't been following this game as much as usual because it's quite confusing to me...

Um, Mai, I guess. I'm not really sure, but it's better than nothing and a lynch is required.

Okay, guys! Please don't lynch me. I'm a survivor, a shy, meek person who's just afraid of death. So please don't kill me, mmkay?

Midnight
Jack_the_PumpkinKing * (checked by Wargle) - claims inspector
Squirrel - claims roleblocker
Karkat Vantas - claims roleblocker
Wargle - claims inspector
ole_schooler - claims timewarper
Kirby-Chan
enekoiru
Seritinajii - claims bulletproof
Blaziking of the Keyblade * (checked by Legendaryseeker, who flipped innocent) - claims hider
Mai - claims survivor
I don't think Midnight, Kirby-Chan, or enekoiru have roleclaimed, or if they have it was much earlier in the thread. Not sure whether they should roleclaim or not; if their roles are important like a healer or something, probably not.

Bulletproof and survivor are, I suppose, easy enough roles to fudge. I'm also, as I said earlier, suspicious about our dual roleblockers. (Here's an idea: whichever of you is an innocent roleblocker, block the other one. If both of you are actually innocent, nobody useful's role gets blocked, and if one of you is lying and Mafia, the innocent roleblocker should be able to block the kill!)

Karkat said he's fine with being inactive!lynched since he isn't really playing, so if we want to not lynch Mai and instead inspect her, Karkat's a possible target.

Hi, I was prevented from speaking yesterday so that is why I didn't post.

Anyways, I hid behind Kirby-chan again since I didn't want to risk dying, so just tell me who to hide behind and I'll hide behind them.

I'll refrain from voting quite yet until we reach a decision.

Well, like I said, I didn't really use my powers ever.

Well, there's got to be some hidden thing to my role if there's another roleblocker... what would differentiate a prankster from a normal roleblocker? I have a theory but I'd really rather not risk saying it until I'm sure of it.

Squirrel: I find it highly suspicious that you roleblocked those people, and I for one am not lying about my role.

Funnily enough, there was another Mafia game where someone falsely roleclaimed as a survivor (Multi-Faction Mafia, I think? I got killed day 2 so I don't remember too well), so I think I'm going to go with Mai.

Is anyone at all curious about all the deaths? I mean, four in a night...the last one looked like an inactive!kill, the pair might have been lovers, and...how did the Mafia die?

Going for Mai. Kind of a wimpy role-claim.

Is anyone at all curious about all the deaths? I mean, four in a night...the last one looked like an inactive!kill, the pair might have been lovers, and...how did the Mafia die?

I was under the impression that Jekyll was probably an alien* getting killed off by the Mafia, and the other four were inactive!kills since they were all bolded right next to each other.

* Yes, aliens normally don't show up as Mafia even when activated, BUT other than that, all the evidence points toward an alien, PLUS the description says he was "doubly-killed just to be safe" which to me implies he was killed twice because the first one didn't stick, which is exactly an alien.

I could explain how Jekyll died because I killed him and I got lucky. My role relies on luck and I don't know if I want to target anyone tonight. Plus thanks to Blaziking for verify that I am innocent.

The night before I inspect newt but he was dead the next day so it was useless. :(

Night 2, my target has changed from Mai and I end up healing Seritinajii. Earlier when there was no deaths on night 1, I thought there was someone who changes my target since I get a strange message that nothing happens, but it affect the people who has a night action.

Night 1 was where nothing happens and I thought it's because of my bad luck (nothing happens on night 0), but since there was no deaths and someone claim as a party pooper, that explains why it didn't go through.

Well, there's got to be some hidden thing to my role if there's another roleblocker... what would differentiate a prankster from a normal roleblocker? I have a theory but I'd really rather not risk saying it until I'm sure of it.
Squirrel: I find it highly suspicious that you roleblocked those people, and I for one am not lying about my role.
So if you think it's possible that a prankster has a variation mine doesn't, then what's suspicious about who I targeted? Am I supposed to claim that I'm lying about my role?

EDIT- Mai for reasons already covered.

It's because you can't prove that your attacks had an effect on any of them.

Unless you can, of course.

So if you think it's possible that a prankster has a variation mine doesn't, then what's suspicious about who I targeted? Am I supposed to claim that I'm lying about my role?

EDIT- Mai for reasons already covered.

It's because you can't prove that your attacks had an effect on any of them.

Unless you can, of course.

Um, so if you two are roleblockers, who blocked me last night?

Okay I might not post for the rest of the day so I'm going to hide behind Seritinajii tonight. So, yeah.

Okay, cool.

I'll inspect Squirrel. And Wargle, you can inspect Karkat. That way our bases are covered on the three players I'm most suspicious about atm.

As for why you got roleblocked, Wargle, I'm unsure. Either one of our claimed roleblockers is lying about their targets (unlikely unless they're a Mafia-aligned roleblocker) or someone else is a roleblocker and hasn't claimed yet (possible, but does not exclude the possibility that one of our claimed roleblockers is lying about their role).

Like I said, I don't recall blocking anyone.

I think I blocked OrngSumb for some reason, though.

I'd personally like to request that Karkat and Squirrel try to block each other tonight, so that if one of them is Mafia we won't be down a player (and, at that, probably one of our most useful players, if the Mafia is playing well), and if neither is Mafia we won't be blocking somebody with a useful night action.

Back
Top Bottom