• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cruel Mode Mafia [INDEPENDENT WIN]

Re: Cruel Mode Mafia [DAY 5]

After a curious and ridiculous day of suspicion, the town eventually decide that Mai should die like the obvious scumbag she is!!

Knifekill! +50.

Mai is dead. She was Mafia.

48 hours for night actions.

Re: Cruel Mode Mafia [NIGHT 5]

This morning seems a lot less gory than yesterday, somehow. The town waken, shaken but mostly still alive. Mostly.

Upon reaching rollcall, the sudden realisation that Jack_the_PumpkinKing is missing makes everyone's hearts jump. He is found in his office with his brainmatter splattered all over the wall from a bullet that appears to have literally blown his head open. What a shame; even his shiny badge is dirtied now. The police can't really help you now. Shame.

Jack_the_PumpkinKing is dead. He was not Mafia.

He was the only death the townspeople have found today, but with only ten of them left, they had better get a move on...

1 player did not submit a night action.
48 hours for day discussion.

Last edited:
Re: Cruel Mode Mafia [DAY 6]

Given that Jack got offed, I would not be surprised if Squirrel targetted him as a kneejerk reaction to being inspected. Already suspicious, too! Aaand given that Karkat claims to keep not using eir night action and apparently someone didn't send one in....

Yeah... I didn't send in my night action. Again.

I am terrible at my job.

Squirrel, anything to say for yourself?

I am confused as to why you didn't, given that you'd probably have blocked the kill and both of you were being inspected. Buuuut Tailsy said you consistently didn't send in your action, so I'm definitely inclined to assume you're the innocent one.

Because I forgot to send in my night actions. I am terribly forgetful, don't you know?

So I was notified that I was attacked last night, and now I'm vulnerable to killing. uh-oh. But it means there is some other killing role that attacked me, or maybe Blaziking if he hid behind me. If he did it means that I'm innocent.

Anyway, why is Squirrel under suspicion? Jack probably inspected her, but it doesn't necessarily mean that she's lying about her role. Better wait for Wargle's inspection result on Karkat, though.

Because as long as one vote's on Squirrel, then it won't be random lynch. If Wargle says Karkat flipped mafia, then sure, I'll move, but in the absence of that I'd rather have it default to lynching the more suspicious person. Squirrel's claims for who she's tried blocking are fairly suspicious by themselves, too.

Jack said he'd inspect her, and I know that whenever I am mafia I have a tendency to try to stab whoever is inspecting *me*, and Squirrel's *probably* alone so she'd be less likely to avoid knee-jerk reactions. Mafia's not exactly doing well.

I'm inclined to trust Karkat when he says he didn't send in his night action given that he'd said before that he hasn't really used his role and that Tailsy's commented that the same person keeps not sending it in. Jack seems like too good of a target for it to plausibly be randomly selected, though you never know.

I'll move my vote if Wargle says something contradictory, but in the absence of that, I'm leaning towards Squirrel.

I hid behind Seritinajii last night so he is indeed an innocent. I'm definitely inclined to think that Squirrel is mafia at the moment, but I'll wait to see her defense.

Didn't use a night action last night because everyone's claimed innocent and it'd cast suspicion no matter who I blocked.
Wouldn't me killing whoever was going to inspect me be a bit too obvious?

Didn't use a night action last night because everyone's claimed innocent and it'd cast suspicion no matter who I blocked.
Wouldn't me killing whoever was going to inspect me be a bit too obvious?
That is some good logic there. If it's either you or Karkat who's mafia, and it probably is given that I think ole_schooler's the only other one who isn't cleared, and both of you blocked each other, then there'd be no kill and you'd've both been inspected so we'd know.

Yeah, I am now past 'probably Squirrel' and at 'definitely Squirrel'.

If the mafia killed Jack, then who attacked me?

But Squirrel seems like the most likely candidate.

Okay really, one roleblocker used an action last night... goddamned hookers why meeeeeeeeee

And uh, I guess Squirrel since I keep getting blocked

...wait, hookers?

I'm a prankster, Squirrel (presumably falsely) roleclaimed as a hypnotist. I have no idea why you're getting attacked by hookers... I would quote my role PM but somebody just had to go and prohibit that.

Yeah, since there was a vig kill or healer--

Wait a minute.

Just proposing an alternate theory here-- what if Jack died of healer clash? He seems like the man you'd want to protect. Unless both of the healers are dead. :? I haven't been following this game.

I'm a prankster, Squirrel (presumably falsely) roleclaimed as a hypnotist. I have no idea why you're getting attacked by hookers... I would quote my role PM but somebody just had to go and prohibit that.

zHdJd.gif

...wait, hookers?

I'm a prankster, Squirrel (presumably falsely) roleclaimed as a hypnotist. I have no idea why you're getting attacked by hookers...

Unless both of the healers are dead. :? I haven't been following this game.

Hookers, whores, prostitutes etc are a Thing in mafia. Also known by another name -- I /think/ they're what one generally calls roleblocks, but not certain. (But what about hookeroths?!)

At least two healers are dead. Therefore I highly doubt it. I also don't know if Seritinajii is telling the truth -- OrngSumb was the vigilante, right? So why would there be two hits?

Squirrel for previous reasons blah blah mafia.

The problem isn't that a hooker keeps targeting Wargle; the problem is that to my knowledge I'm the only roleblocker still alive, and my flavor doesn't describe prostitution, period.

As for Seri... Fishing brother?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Squirrel.

and my flavor doesn't describe prostitution, period.

Hooker = roleblocker the way cop = inspector or doctor = healer; it's just another name for it, and in this case it doesn't happen to be the name used in this game.

/re-dead

Back
Top Bottom