• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

CRUSHES thread [REBORN... again]

Oh, I know how you feel, Spaekle. There's loads of people who I want to get to know better, but I'm just so afraid and too unconfident to say: "Hey, you seem really awesome, you know? I really wish I could get to know you better." Some part of me thinks that they'll be all like: "Excuse me? Yeah, no. Eww, why would I want that?" Or that they'll think I'm some creepy stalker.

Mm, I feel like this about a few people. Mostly here, because most the people in real life/meatspace I know at the moment aren't awesome enough for me to get a crush on (or become really good friends with) - except for my crush, and possibly a sixth form girl in the year above me who smiled at me once and is adorable and has a really nice smile; but I don't know her, well, at all, but I sort of get the feeling that we could be friends. I dunno, I just sorta... get that impression. >.< Shame that I can be ridiculously shy. I mean, I can be really shy, but also confident; it's just that I'm often shy.

With people here I sometimes think "Oh, they look so nice, maybe I should PM them... no wait, that's stupid, who PMs each other?" Then I realise that loads of people PM each other, but for some reason I think that they'll be all "o.o" or whatever. Ehe.

I used to feel like that ("Oh, I wish I could get to know these people, they are so cool but I'm far too shy to PM them and they wouldn't want to talk to someone like me") but then I did PM some people I wanted to get to know better and guess what? They're all like; "hey I like getting to know people too, it's cool when people PM me and I get to know other people etc. etc." So now I do that more, although there are still a few people that I remain too shy to PM. Although I really should, one of these days. I just have to find a reason to.

Also in regards to crushes, it's very very difficult for me to tell the difference between being really interested in someone because I want to know them better and being really interested in someone because I am romantically interested in them, so oftentimes I'll have a "crush" on someone and then realize I just wanted to know them better and befriend them, or vice-versa. It's kind of annoying. Not to be able to tell the difference, I mean.

Last edited:
Um, Timmy and Erin (irl omg).

My crush list has remained unchanged for 3 years now. xD

I used to have a crush, and I think she liked me, and my whole class said we were perfect for each other and everything like that. But I won't ever see her again, because we go to completely different schools! She goes to my sisters school: King Edwards Handsworth (the one for girls), and I go to King Edwards School Birmingham. Though it's really just King Edwards School.

I've had...*Counts* Seven IRL crushes in memory, and there could be a few more. I haven't seen my current crush for about a year now due to having gone to different schools when we graduated, but I'm transferring to the school that she most likely went to after summer, so hopefully I'll see her again soon. I've never told her, but there's a decent chance that she's assumed it from seeing me look at her.

Never had any internet crushes or crushes on fictional characters, though.

One IRL guy (let's call him J) who I'm fairly sure is straight and so I'm screwed, possibly one online guy (let's call him R) who I know to be gay but who lives on the other side of the earth...

And I wouldn't say "crushes" because that's unrealistic, but a certain level of fanboy affection for a few J-rockers. And on the flip-side of the J-rock/English rock coin, John Rzeznik.
I actually can't think of any fictional characters I have quote-unquote 'crushes' on, but I once went on a two-page-long listing of characters [and a few actual people] I was going to be keeping in a locked wooden chest. >.>;

But I'm fairly socially anxious and just plain out there, so I've resigned to my fate of eternal loneliness. xD
Long story short: I'm pathetic. -laugh-

One IRL guy (let's call him J) who I'm fairly sure is straight and so I'm screwed, possibly one online guy (let's call him R) who I know to be gay but who lives on the other side of the earth...

And I wouldn't say "crushes" because that's unrealistic, but a certain level of fanboy affection for a few J-rockers. And on the flip-side of the J-rock/English rock coin, John Rzeznik.
I actually can't think of any fictional characters I have quote-unquote 'crushes' on, but I once went on a two-page-long listing of characters [and a few actual people] I was going to be keeping in a locked wooden chest. >.>;

But I'm fairly socially anxious and just plain out there, so I've resigned to my fate of eternal loneliness. xD
Long story short: I'm pathetic. -laugh-
D'aww, don't say that! I don't think you're pathetic. I think you're really awesome and for some reason you remind me a little of Crystylla in your ways of coolness. And now THAT is a compliment, big time.

If we're going to talk about fictional crushes then I shall forever be straight for Manta from Shaman King. :|

Fictional... I think there's probably like... I dunno, 2 on my list
Still can't bring myself to say it though :B

Fictional... I think there's probably like... I dunno, 2 on my list
Still can't bring myself to say it though :B

I think I know one of them..:D

Well, I'm a sucker for fictional animals with accents/good voices.

Back
Top Bottom