• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Current Breeding Projects

This got me going, and currently I'm trying to get a shiny Misrdreavus. No luck yet, I have like 3 boxes of ordinary ones already. I'm gonna keep trying until I get it, though, the shiny form is just so pea-soup-ishly amazing.

I can't say that I don't agree with you there, but when I breed a pokemon that I don't intend upon using, I release it. saves box space for, oh say my patented R/S/E Wingul army? Or maybe if you want to Actually, factually own one of Every Single Pokemon. Just a suggestion.

I can't say that I don't agree with you there, but when I breed a pokemon that I don't intend upon using, I release it.
Woops I didn't really make myself clear there; I had three boxfuls of them but I did release the previous ones before putting new ones in :P

I'm breeding many different Pokemon for their Natures,mainly. My Lucario from Diamond is screwed,so I decided to shove it in with Ditto,and now I'm looking for a good-natured Riolu to EV Train. Also trying to get a good-natured Gible in Platinum,as for SoulSilver,I think I want more Charmanders. :3

As soon as I get the Riolu from Platinum (and evolve it), I'm going to get a Ditto in SS, trade the Lucario over, and breed them until I get a female Riolu. With the perfect nature.

Speaking of which, I reset my game to get a Cyndaquil with Naive. It worked, but what gender was it?

Female.

Lucky, eh? :D

I don't really have any right now. When I do, I get it done in a couple of hours or so. Need a personality? Need a shiny? Two words: RNG manipulation. I only have one Ditto with 31 Speed and 20+ in the others, so I'll make five or so with the same personalities and pick whichever one has the best IVs.

I haven't played Diamond in a while, but last time I counted I was over like 160 Croagunks with still no shiny. I swear I have the worst shiny luck. :|

well, it's a 1/8192. you chances of a shiny in 160 are roughly 2%.

Technically only 1/2048 since I'm using the masuda method. Still not terribly high, but very frustrating. My poor luck comes more from the fact that I haven't found a legit shiny since at least 2003. :'<

Technically only 1/2048 since I'm using the masuda method. Still not terribly high, but very frustrating. My poor luck comes more from the fact that I haven't found a legit shiny since at least 2003. :'<

You could always manipulate the RNG, then the odds would be 1/however likely you are to miscount something. :P

Yeah, I've heard about that, but apparently you need some kind of secret ID or something that you need a legit shiny and an AR to be able to get, which I have neither of. :'<

My current breeding project was asssigned to me today by a friend. i have a week and a half to breed him a whole team. he doesn't care about natures or genders, but he wants certain egg moves.

i have to breed him:

A cyndaquil that knows flare blitz,
An aron that knows dragon rush,
A rhyhorn that knows thunder fang and ice fang,
a bagon that knows hydro pump,
a shinx that knows thunder fang and ice fang,
and a abra that knows thunderpunch, fire punch, and ice punch.

why am I doing this?
a). I can breed each pokemon twice and keep the same ones, and
b). he's offering to trade me a couple of legit shinys for doing it.

some challenge,eh?

I'm breeding a Paras with Dry Skin and good IV's, a Gible with good IV's and a Turtwig with good IV's. Why, yes, they will all have double-weaknesses when they fully evolve! Glad you noticed.

Breeding for a Bulbasaur with perfect HP and either Defense or Special Defense, at least. Hoping that it'll be able to inheret Sp. Attack and Speed, as well.

Well now I need to get a Wartortle at level 20, and a female Kabuto, and a female Cloyster so I can breed a calm Shellder with Rapid Spin [/complications]

I just caught a Ditto. That means nonstop breeding so I can create the entire Eeveelution line.

I usually like to breed for movesets and abilities in-game, it just adds another level of fun to the game, in my opinion. Breeding for IVs is too much work. D:

I currently bread a Heracross with Revenge, Swords Dance, and Rock Slide, a Houndour with Dark Pulse and Nasty Plot, a Pineco with Power Trick, and something else I can't remember.

Back
Top Bottom