• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Yay!! I get to choose Today's Pokemon. It shall be....

Squirtle

Squirtle

This was my second favorite starter in the original trio. It was second only to Charmander.

Ohh, Squirtle. That was actually tied between Charmander as my fav starter in the Kanto Region. I loved how it does Rapid Spin. One time, I actually imagined a Volt Tackle and Rapid Spin combo due to Squirtle's Rapid Spin appearence. I aslo liked his final evolution, Blastoise. The only pokemon (I think) that had a gun attached to his body.

Yay, Squirtle! Well, it's Water-type, which makes it one I like, and it has a sturdy shell, which makes it nice in terms of design... for some reason I've always liked that shell. And it learns Bite and Rapid Spin, the former of which is an interesting move to imagine it using, while the latter is one of my favorite moves in general. Overall, if I played through FR/LG games more often, I'd probably be choosing Squirtle most of the time, even though I like all the starters about equally.

Ehh, Squirtle... Is its tail actually fluffy? And what's up with non-creepy Pokémon having red eyes?

I don't know very much about Water starters, and Squirtle is nothing interesting to comment on.

Squirtle was always meh to me.

I mean, I usually never use the water starter.

But Oshawott's an exception

I think every time I restart Leaf Green I use Squirtle... I guess he's my subconscious favorite?

Well, Blastoise was the only one with a gun attached to his body.

Anyways, today's Pokemon shall be

Chandelure

Chandelure

Finally, there is a ghost that is another element besides poison or dark. Its a floating chandelere on fire. How cool is that!!!

(also, whose open to an idea to make the DPD last two days instead of one. The Bi-Daily Pokemon Discussion)

Ah, Chandelure! Awesome stats, broken ability, and passable movepool! I love it's design, but I like Litwick more.

And yes, I could see a Bi-Daily Pokemon Discussion

Chandelure is much like the combination of Fire and Ghost itself. Unusual, mysterious, dangerous, sort of creepy, but also sort of... beautiful. A chandelier with ghostly purple fire that lures you into a haunted mansion, hypnotizes you and eats your soul. A scary idea.

(Completely up for Bi-Daily Discussions; I know interest is kind of fading from when the thread started, but I love this idea. Maybe more in-depth stuff might draw interest. Like trivia or what the basis for the Pokemon might be. Also changes in design would be cool.)

Chandelure is a Pokemon I've always wanted to use, but haven't had it in a team yet. Definitely one of my favorite Pokemon based of an inanimate object and has super cool typing. Although, its (the rest of its evolution line's) Pokedex entries are pretty creepy. I liked how it uses an already existing stone, too. There's quite enough as it is. But yeah, hoping to have it in one of my teams.

(Completely up for Bi-Daily Discussions; I know interest is kind of fading from when the thread started, but I love this idea. Maybe more in-depth stuff might draw interest. Like trivia or what the basis for the Pokemon might be. Also changes in design would be cool.)

^This.

Chandelure is one of the most amazing Ghost pokemon I've ever seen. I don't have much else to say.

Why is no one using periods

Chandlelure, and by exstension, the entire Litwick line are pretty neat. Nintendo really pullled off the whole Fire/Ghost thing without making it look like a burn victim.

Why hasn't Ulqi posted yet??

EDIT NEVER MIND.
:p

I like it a lot because I do.

I LIKE CANDLES AND STUFF OKAY.

And ghost is like my favorite type and all. And its face is all like "Yo dawg I'm just hangin' from the ceilin' ova here I heard you like fire."

EDIT: Oh, and I have one as a front man for my Black team. He's amazing.

Back
Top Bottom