• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

_Cubone__by_Squeek_a_chu.gif

AND THEN WE TALKED ABOUT CUBONE.

I must say, I really like Cubone. Ground is one of my favorite types, and Cubone is both adorable and awesome. And really depressing, with the whole 'wearing it's mother's skull' business.

CUBONE CUBONE WHY HAVE WE NOT DONE CUBONE :D

Ahem.

Cubone is my favorite pokemon, tied with Absol. I love it so much my username used to be Cubone. It's adorable, has a couple signature moves, and it has a sad backstory. What's not to love?

I love Cubone too :D Basically what Desmond said about it being adorable and having a sad backstory! And I absolutely love Marowak to bits.

AND RICHIE DID A HAPPY DANCE.

I love Cubone! After Raichu, it was the first Pokemon I ever decided was my favorite. And it still keeps a special place in my heart to this day!! :DD!! If Pokemon were real, I'd waste my entire summer looking for one of them!! Ahhh!

I love Cubone and Marowak, and for whatever reason... I feel bad for saying this, but I love the horror stories about Mother Marowak being killed. I'm almost entertained by it, as if it was a fairy tale. Maybe it's just 'cause I'm a sucker for stories about children learning to survive on their own when their parents die. I dunno.

Oh yeah and Bone Rush and Bonemerang are kick-ass moves.

Makes me feel like I should go train with my Cubone now so it will finally evolve >. >

Bellsprout: Oh god yes, it just looks so awesome. Bellsprout is awesome in a can. And I suppose it's obvious, but Plants vs. Zombies.

CUbone: Meh...Marowak used to be my favourite pokemon, but I don't care much for Cubone. I guess it's cool with the backstory, the unknown face and the Kangaskhan conspiracy though.

Yay, Skorupi! It's a cute little bug that evolves into a big awesome bug. Sort of looks like it's made of metal to me. Also, it's purple, and purple is a good color.

Bellsprout: Not one of my favorites, but certainly not useless.

Cubone: I like its design and backstory, but I've never really felt the need to use one.

Skorupi: Woo Hoo! I really like these little buggers, and would spend a lot o money trying for one in the Great Marsh... These guys are on my favorites list for sure.

What's the name on the watermark?

Skorupi - I'm a big fan of these guys and their evolution. Although I was hoping a scorpion Pokémon would look a bit more vicious. More pronounced spikes and stings or something.

Arcanine is pretty great. It looks so fluffy and warm.

it ... does learn ingrain.

Only through breeding.

Cubone: Charizard skull? Well, I remember a theory according to which the original Cubone was a Charmander who had lost his flame without dying for some reason.
Bonemerang is weird because it looks like it should work on Flying-types. Those bone-based moves were probably made Ground-type because of Cubone and Marowak.
The line should learn Skull Bash by level up.
Otherwise just another Ground-type. But False Swipe is nice.

Skorupi: Low Special Defense, but better than Croagunk. In general.

Arcanine: It's fluffy, speedy and majestic. Interesting combination. I remember associating it with Entei, with the "running across the land" thing going on. But I prefer Ninetales.

And the next Pokémon is...

20100723065702%21284Masquerain.png

Masquerain!

What a strange entity. Bulbapedia says it's based on a dragonfly thingie, and it also flies around lakes like a dragonfly, but it has huge antennas that have reddish eye patterns on them because they're part moth wings, and it's bad at flying when it gets wet. And since those antennas are part moth wings, they are scaly as well, shich means it can use Silver Wind.

Wait, a dragonfly? Scales? Red eyes? At least it doesn't learn Glare!
There should be a story somewhere in which it fights against a Drapion. Possibly on a ship that carries gardening tools.
And it's compatible with Crustle, right?

Nice stats, by the way.

I remember seeing a Pokemon banner in which Masquerain looked like a grass owl (It was in a forest backdrop. >>)

It's cute though.

Back
Top Bottom