• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Anyway, new 'mon. Random.org says 459.

459.png

Whenever I see snover, I think of this.

Last edited:
Yes they're still in Celestial Tower. I've never gotten a critical capture ever.
How's your dex data coming along? Crit capture rate's based off number of species caught. You can't get them without at least 30 caught, and they become more common as you get more things.

In Snovers Generation I was the type to just say "It's a stupid tree, and it's overused, I'm not gonna train it!" (Years later I'm training a trash bag.)
So I never got a chance with it.

I would really like to discuss garbador, I don't know if I can ask but can it be next?

not randomised today because of a request!

569.png

(you can just post an image of the Pokemon; usually I randomize it.)

TRUBBISH IS NOT RUBBISH

Last edited:
Garbodor is like Muk, but better in every way. Well, design-wise. It doesn't have the best movepool, but it gets Explosion, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes, so I guess that's pretty cool.

Muk is cuter, but garbodor is cute, too. I like trubbish more, though. I caught a bunch and named them all after musicians.

Garbador is one of my favorite Gen V Pokemon. With Toxic (TM), Spikes and Drainbunch (Though move tutor so says Bulbapedia) He's really fit for my team. I just take up to certain Pokemon that other people wouldn't, and, I kick butt with them. Like Buneary, I always beat my friend (Who as all Lv.100 Pokemon with action replay I might add) And kill him. Between Attract and bounce he hardly hits, plus I'm sometimes able to paralyse with bounce as well.

Anyways, as for design I've always thought he was cute, his ears make him look like a panda and I think the colors are pretty.

Thanks for taking my request absoul!

@-Viki I pretty much always name my Pokemon after musicians. I have Ronnie Radke (RonRadk) And Dahvie on my team! XD

Looks like if you don't take out the garbage for a long time, it might eat you.

Also it's kind of hard to defeat.

My least favourite Pokémon, period, according to a (lengthy) test I took. I do not contest the result.
Do you mind me asking for the link to that test? Sounds interesting.

As for Garbodor, I'm pretty neutral on it. It's not especially exciting and not a fan of its colors. I like Trubbish much, much more.

I do not get all the hate poor Garbodor seems to be getting on the internet. :C

I mean, just look at that face. I think the design is really great for something that's based on a garbage bag: the ear-lumps are cute and the asymmetrical, weirdo arms are also great. It's unique! If someone told me to design a pokemon that's based on a garbage bag, I wouldn't be able to make anything that could possibly top that.
At least in my eyes the colour combination looks neat, and that face. That is the face of true beauty.

Woobat's much more pleasant to encounter in every cave ever than zubat, I suppose. I'd love to train them up sometime, but I haven't really done so just because? Cute, though!

Eee, venipede. So adorable. I had one on my team, but they evolved after like two levels so. Uncan judge much of them, but my scolipede is quite excellent! (He underperformed for a while, but now he's a really solid member I think! 'S good.)

Starmie's a sort of pokemon I think about sometimes and realize they're like really, really cool, but I never really use in-game. I caught a staryu in SoulSilver, and it worked fairly well in the most boring way possible. I never finished the run, I think, but I probably would've ended up boxing it anyway because. It wasn't fun to use, plain and simple.

Slowking, well, what Superbird said: "And all I can think is "Unfortunately, [Herman Cain] can't be as smart as Slowking wearing the Shellder of Knowledge.""

In Emerald I used to see roselia and think, "Oooh, who's this mysterious pokemon???" Or something like that, anyway. Emerald was the only one I had out of the R/S/E trio, and for the longest time roselia was this mysterious pokemon of strange mystery that I never saw in the wild and /I wish I could catch one!!!/ Sadly, I had no one to trade with and when D/P/Pt rolled out roselia had lost its aura of specialness.

Mareep has the cutest cry!!! This is not up for argument. I've used the line and they're pretty okay I guess. Mostly for adorable.

NIDOKIIING. Nidoking. Nidoroyalty are the best. I really like nidoking, obviously; they're my favorite first gen by a long shot, and a close contender for favorite pokemon ever! I have would have a shiny one, but I'm actually afraid to evolve my shiny nidorino because movesets.

Elgyem I'm pretty meh on. They're kind of a cute concept, I guess.

Snover's a pokemon I feel obligated to dislike because snow warning ?_? I just. Don't like. Snow warning and sand stream. But eh, they're not that bad.

I go between hating garbodor and actually sort of tolerating it fairly regularly; it depends on my mood, mostly. The color scheme is really unappealing all the time though.

Do you mind me asking for the link to that test? Sounds interesting.

As for Garbodor, I'm pretty neutral on it. It's not especially exciting and not a fan of its colors. I like Trubbish much, much more.

Agreement! I'm curious about the test.

My friend loves Haunter, because he thinks it's cool that Haunter has no arms and can reach forever.

Personally, I am very neutral towards Haunter. It's probably my least favorite of the Gastly line, but it's okay, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom