• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

I like Haunter, but I think it and Gengar should be Dark/Ghost, not Poison. Gastly makes sense to be a Poison type I think, but the Dark type would suit Haunter & Gengar more, I feel (I am aware that Dark didn't exist in the first generation but neither did Steel for Magnemite and Magneton)

dark/ghost has no weaknesses though; that would make gengar really broken

617.png

Actually it was a script Zhorken wrote. It basically asked me if I liked Pokémon A or B better until it could confidently come up with an ordered list.

implicit assumption there is that likefulness is a toset! in fact, it assumes a proper ordering! if it's a poset or, worse, not properly ordered, then ... you'd get erratic results.

(that garbodor is a minimum, though, probably need not be disputed.)

Haunter is Da Best Ghost. I really like it, although I do occasionally question the necessity of its Poison typing (see: my ice-type haunter in ASB). I get the feeling that it's the fault of Kanto's apparent fetish for Poison-types.
If there was anything Gen 1 did not need, it was a poisonous ghost. :/

The Gengar/Clefable thing is interesting as well.

Is that some sort of ninja slug? I get it, the Bug-type is for non-aquatic arthropods and non-aquatic molluscs that aren't made of lava. But I still prefer Ninjask.

I like how Accelgor's evolution works; it's a creative change of pace from "hold this random item and trade." It also makes an excellent, unconventional (and pink!) ninja. I've never used one, but I might in Black2. Uh, unlike, Lucky Lapras, I found Alder's to be an absolute pain. But, overall, it's not among my favorites.

It is really cute!! but all I really think of is when I was like "look it's a Caterpie ^o.o^" to my dad at age maybe 7 and his reaction was, like, "noooo that's such an ~American~ way to say it a British way would be cat-er-PYE >:(((((" and it was the weirdest moment perhaps ever.

oh its cry is actually quite sweet. aww I just wish it was the one that evolved into Kakuna.

Ahhh, Pidove! Potato fritterering Pidove! I really love Pidove! Like, oh my goodness, it's a pigeon and so exceptionally endearing. It has that vacant pigeon stare, which is just amazingly excellent. And you just want to have in-game hoards of Pidove. Kind of like when big cities have all these pigeons and they're everywhere. And you're like ahhhh, pigeons! And they make that cooing sound with their amazing in-game cry. It just makes my day when I see Pidove and I don't really understand. But still it makes my day.

I really like Pidove's design for some reason. it just looks...good to me. I don't know why. I love its idle animation in the Pokedex 3D, it's such a realistic 'pigeon looking around blankly' animation.

Battling-wise, it is the worst of the early-game birds, but that's alright. Early-game birds aren't supposed to be that good. Except Starly. And Tailow. And to some extent, Pidgey

...That's all of them except Hoothoot and Pidove. Never mind, just ignore me.

Back
Top Bottom