• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Ah, that line, that line. In Pinwheel Forest, the bugs probably eat the birds. It's hard to eat bugs that are poisonous or have protective mantis moms. Anyway, Pidove learns Air Cutter, but otherwise is meh. And its Defense is higher than its Speed!

I really like Pidove's design for some reason. it just looks...good to me. I don't know why. I love its idle animation in the Pokedex 3D, it's such a realistic 'pigeon looking around blankly' animation.

Battling-wise, it is the worst of the early-game birds, but that's alright. Early-game birds aren't supposed to be that good. Except Starly. And Tailow. And to some extent, Pidgey

...That's all of them except Hoothoot and Pidove. Never mind, just ignore me.

mind, spearow line is p much strictly superior to pidgey line in all ways that matter, except at levels 18-19. (I mean, doduo is better than pidgeotto in most ways and then evolves before pidgeotto and then dodrio is ... dodrio is dodrio; but doduo line isn't really early-game.)

also, drill run is really cute! :DDD

Unfezant's name, though. I do not understand.

The anime helped me appreciate Pidove a bit more!! Ash's was pretty badass. But it's a pretty boring line! :( I probably won't ever use it.

I'm pretty sure "Unfezant" also has to do with "unfazed", what with it evolving from "Tranquill".

I also feel like Pidove and Tranquill were pretty awful names, too. :C I guess Tranquill's is kind of cute? But there are way less Dewgong-type instances past the first two gens, so here it just seems so jarring.

492-land.svg

I never really got Shaymin's name.

I also feel like Pidove and Tranquill were pretty awful names, too. :C I guess Tranquill's is kind of cute? But there are way less Dewgong-type instances past the first two gens, so here it just seems so jarring.
Dewgong is so cute, though :( It's a great pun.

492-land.svg

I never really got Shaymin's name.

Quoting Bulbapedia:
"Shaymin may be a combination of 謝 xiè (Chinese for thanks/gratitude) or ジェイド jeido (jade, one of Shaymin's most dominant colors) and 蝟 harinezumi (hedgehog). It may also involve shaman (a mystic) or stamen (a plant part). Alternatively, it may be a corruption of ם‎שמי‎ Shamayim (Hebrew for heaven/sky), correlating directly with Shaymin's Sky Forme."

And in my opinion, Shaymin was the best Gen IV legendary. But it really didn't have a point in the games, just in the Giratina movie/manga.

Dewgong is so cute, though :( It's a great pun.

Oh, it is quite cute!! But it's hard to make names like that not seem really silly and sometimes they fail at it. :c

I feel bad because Shaymin is adorable?? And yet I just. don't care about it at all. If it were a non-legendary or something I'd probably have actually seen it which would. help...

(eternally associating them with Zhorken, also.)

movie shaymin is the best ever

don't really care that much about it in other contexts

Well, Shaymin is cute. Ancient... legendary... hedgehog with pink flowers on it. And white fur. And... a cool superhero form that is a reindeer? Yay. I guess it looks good, but now that I think of it, the concept of a cute little thingie turning into something awesome is pretty normal in Pokémon and doesn't seem... legendary enough.

Mantine has always been a bit confusing. Like, do you get the Remoraid too? How can two Pokemon be in the same Pokeball?? Can you use it in battle ever what is it even doing.

I really like rays, so Mantine definitely falls under Pokémon that I like. Never used one on a team, however. I've always already had a Water-type when I find one and I don't like repeating types. In more exciting news, I really like Mantine's face for some reason.

It does seem that Game Freak has been trying to separate Mantine from Remoraid, however. But! I think Mantine look strange and a tad more dull without Remoraid on them.

Maybe this is supposed to be obvious (look at the sugomori art!), but I think people give their throh/sawk manufactured clothes, their kadabra spoons, and in turn, their mantine fake remoraid.

Wild-caught mantine probably freak out without the coping mechanism of a toy remoraid.

Back
Top Bottom