• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dannichu and Espeon's London adventure

Dang. I'm coming the 28th or 29th X_X I'll try to convince my parents to let me go earlier.

Wow, Espeon and Dannichu, you guys are so lucky. :D Eeh, it sounds really cool, and the stuff you can buy sounds awesome. I'm jealous of everyone who's getting to go; my parents would probably refuse to help me in any way, and possibly not let me go on my own either, and I'm not really sure I want to ask.

Bad luck about the shoes, Espeon. But anyway, that sounds like a brilliant day - good for you.

Wow~

That sounds like a considerable amount of awesome-rainbowpainted-funfun. it'd me awesome to meet someone from the forums, but alas my parents are too paranoid. They seem to think you're all paedophiles.

Congratulaaatiooons~

(I love how meeting Dannichu is considered by the majority of forum-goers as one of the best things that could possibly happen to you :3)

Oh wow, it's just as you told me in the visitor messages!

Awww, I wish I could meet Dannichu. STUPID ATLANTIC OCEAN GAH. (And I'll probably never get to meet anyone on the forums, like most of my friends live in another country on the OTHER SIDE of that damned ocean. Also parents would not condone~)

Congratulations though! Oh my God, it must be have MEGAWESOMENOCITY. I think if I met her, I would've like... fainted or something. Okay, not fainted, but have been really awkward and smiling a lot. Wheee, good for you~!

And my parents thinks everyone else here is paedophiles... But me.

Oh, yeah. Awesome it would be Dannichu to meet. And of course everyone else here :3!

Damn English pea-pull, having the most epic meetings. ;A; I'm stuck in a state with the Pacific Ocean next to us.
... But yes, a TCoD meeting would be epic, in all the sense of epic. Anyone going to the A-con next year? xD

(I love how meeting Dannichu is considered by the majority of forum-goers as one of the best things that could possibly happen to you :3)

Oh, me too :D
(Seriously guys; you're too awesome)

Yeah, you UKians have to come to the May (or next October, if that's easier) Expo; save up money so you're not financially dependant on parentals for the trip (a Megabus to London can be stupidly cheap; my sister came up from Devon for £6) and while it goes on for two days (and if you stay for both you need to find accommodation, which can be pricey), you can just come for one, like Espeon did. It's £9 to get into the ExCel Centre, but that's only to get into the massive hall where people sell stuff; the most fun is hanging around outside meeting people.

And if your parents won't let you go on principle... you have seven months to wear them down :D

(Also; I was nowhere near as rainbowy as usual on Sunday; I'd left all my stuff at my friend's house and was just wearing a lot of black - very OOC for me, I know XD)

(Also; I was nowhere near as rainbowy as usual on Sunday; I'd left all my stuff at my friend's house and was just wearing a lot of black - very OOC for me, I know XD)
You know you liked it, though, didn't you, Dannichu? Part of you feels right at home in those dark clothes... They're like a blanket of shadows enveloping you and filling your soul with the cold warmth of an eternal night. The colour of black is a rainbow in its own right, don't you think?

You know you liked it, though, didn't you, Dannichu? Part of you feels right at home in those dark clothes... They're like a blanket of shadows enveloping you and filling your soul with the cold warmth of an eternal night. The colour of black is a rainbow in its own right, don't you think?

NO! I won't listen to your lies! They're... they're unbearably false... and...

*Sob*

Aaaanyway, I really doubt my parents would let me go. I know that there are no paedophiles here but my parents probably wouldn't feel comfortable with me being in London with a big group of scary Americans and Slovenians and Icelanders and Swedes and -

Well, even if it was only the UK-tCoD-ers, they still wouldn't be too happy.

Aw, that sounds really fun~ Glad you both (all?) had a good time.

Aha, meeting all you guys would be awesome. And there's a surprising amount of UKians, so... hm. Parents would be difficult to get around, though, and the May one is right before my GCSEs so I bet it'd be "You can't go to London right before an exam you'll lose all your concentration and fail".

Could try for next November, though. :D

Okay, lateness!

Right, in response to opaltiger:

Dannichu was as friendly as I anticipated her to be, a lot less rainbowy (though I blame that on the lack of a rainbow hat or scarf) but still quite optimistic from what I saw. It's a shame she wasn't there when we were having the travel card crisis!

Honestly, Villy was frantically looking for it whilst I was sat there eating noodles without noticing the travel card had gone missing for about 5 minutes. :x

Hehe, that was quite a funny moment.

'NOES!!! WHERE IS IT?!??!'

'These noodles are really quite tasty.'

'...'

=3

We must meet up again in May. Was the Megabus really that cheap? Gah, and I spent all that money on travelcards. >__<

And I'm stuck in Canada of all places... the closest people to me are in the US, oh and Icalasari... I think all us north american people should meet somewhere, preferably over summer vacation!

We must meet up again in May. Was the Megabus really that cheap? Gah, and I spent all that money on travelcards. >__<

We must!

And yeah, Megabus is amazingly cheap. I just looked up prices for Reading->London and prices are £1-£3, depending on the time (for a random date; I think you can only book three months in advance).

08:40 Depart Reading, Calcot
Arrive London, Victoria Coach Station 10:00 1 seat = £3.00

17:15 Depart Reading, Calcot
Arrive London, Victoria Coach Station 18:30 1 seat = £1.00

And returns are about £6. Not bad :3

If only we had known about the megabus before catching the train.

Having to buy another ticket was horrid. xD

Back
Top Bottom