• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed [DEAD] Illusions of the Past

Re: Illusions of the Past

Envy's tail flew through Len's face, crushing her skull and covering the ground with a splattering of brains. Atleast, if Len was merely human that would be the case. Without so much of a change of expression on her face she boredly tilted her body to the right just enough to evade Envy's tail as it struck the ground.

"...."

Len turned her gaze to Light, the boy that was being protected by the strange spherical being. Master seemed deterimined to kill that being, but if he focused on that alone Light might escape his grasp. It was a simple matter of keeping a human in check, the mind is nothing more than a dream for her to mold. Even if she couldn't use her powers over the mind, her raw power was still more than enough. With what others would call a complete lack of common sense, she stepped infront of Envy's buldging form and curtsied politely lowwering her head, before running after Light.

-----

"Upset?!! Why am I upset?!!" Edward jumped up from the sofa with his arms raised over-head in protest to the absurd question. "I am not upset, I am freaking pissed!"

Edward was near his limit, this was insanity. This was more insane then when Al decided to become a town's cat adoption center. This was more insane then when Winry entered him into that Auto-mail runway contest in a dress. This was more insane then even drinking milk.

"I just wake up randomly in some strange room to the sound of Envy beating the crap out of me. I don't know where I am, I don't know why the buildings are so tall. I don't know why the vehicles are so sleek. I have no idea how I got here or how I am going to get back, and I am talking with a weird white ball with spidery legs! OFCOURSE I AM PISSED!"

Last edited:

"Hm." was all he could say. He knew that if they carried out the ambush plan, they would kill him then and there. But Galacta Knight, after being bested by him before, wanted to kill him personally in order to redeem himself. It wouldn't be the same if they all ganged up on him. "But..." started Galacta Knight. "There has to be another way to go about this." He began to regret encouraging them to target Meta Knight.

---

Meta Knight took a few steps back. What could make things worse? He didn't want to appear afraid, but he doubted that was an empty threat. "What do you want with me?" He would never look at huskies the same way again.

"What?", Karou asked, "Having doubts? Since you're of the same race as our intended target, you should know his weaknesses. And strengths. Do you have a better suggestion? I personally would rather not attract the attention of everyone on that side of the city."

Envy snarled at Meta Knight, lowering his head so they were eye to eye.

"Oh it's not you now. I want to destroy things now. Weak pathetic mortals, those that sympathize with them... All will fall before the homunculi! Do you understand me, creature?" He purred, the voices of those trapped in his body wailing.

Suddenly the King Of Sorrow snapped back and looked around, a man in green was fighting a green thing. He realized the the green thing had been talking with him earlier, but he had been busy thinking to notice it. However, he could figure out as much as that the green thing was the one he should fight, not the one clad in green.
He reached out his arm in the direction of the green thing, and loudly said some words in a foreign language, suddenly a field of white spike balls covered the area around the thing, and at some places there was a small grey creature with a red, glowing eye and a yellow spiral pattern going between its pointy ears.
"Now, what're you going to do?" the King thought to himself, "only one person got out of that unharmed, and he's not here"

Galacta Knight froze. He didn't want them knowing about his true relation to him, about his humiliating defeat. Meta Knight was the only other one who knew about it, and he was going to take that secret to the grave whether he liked it or not. He snapped at Karou, "Why should I have to explain?! I don't care what you personally think!" He turned to everyone. "Damn this alliance! You can do whatever you want, just don't get in my way!"

---

"That would not be wise. This is the only city for those of us stranded here in this unfamiliar place. Outside of this is the humans world entirely. You would be making yourself homeless if you were to destroy the city." said Meta Knight, much against his better judgment. As far is he could tell, all that thing wanted to do was destroy living things, even if it meant wrecking a few buildings here and there.

Sage didn't react throughout Edward's tirade. Yep. This human was crazy, all right.
Well, you certainly look much stranger than I do and I'm not insulting you, thank you very much. As for where we are.. It's called the City.
He hopped off the wrecked car and began levitating again before adding primly,
I know more than that, but I find you rather rude and unpleasant. Good day to you.
He tried to bow like a human and flew away. After a bit, he heard voices below some angry, one.. afraid? Various creatures, one of them a human child. How interesting. He floated lower down to watch, sitting on a window ledge above their heads.
---
Link jumped out of the way of the attack, but apparently unnecessarily. When he looked up again, the green rabbit.. thing was using some kind of magic attack on the.. other green monster thing. If this wasn't the middle of a fight, he'd be quite confused.
The monster was surrounded by white spiked somethings, with little gray creatures floating around it. This was.. weird. Not sure what was going to happen if he did, he didn't attack. Link didn't know what to do, and it wasn't just about the rabbit. How were they going to kill that thing?! If it kept regenerating, then it was impossible. But he wasn't going to run away. No.
Catching his breath, Link silently prepared another magic attack, waiting for the right moment to attack.

"I could just kill anything that crosses my path without destroying this place, it's that simple. Join me or die." Envy hissed, before turning and starting to walk away, footsteps shaking the ground. "I don't have time for a pathetic being like you."

He laughed, thrashing his tail behind him as he walked away.

Halan and Black Jack both continue to walk down the street, avoiding whatever Jack was avoiding and avoiding the kid that Halan wants to avoid. As they continued to walk, the sound of a fight reaches Halan's ears. He stops and looks in the direction of the fighting, seeing three green things close by. One looked human, one looked like a bug of sorts...and the third looked...unclassifiable. He watches at the bug one receieved a attack, only to regenerate after the blow. Halan turns to Black Jack and shrugs his shoulders.

"Care to help them or should we stay out?"

Black Jack watches the fight, still trying to comprehend the fact that there were unearthly creatures such as these around. I finally got used to Halan as a talking dog on two legs, but a green insect that could regenerate. That was a tad too much.

"I'm not sure...but we are...'Heros' aren't we?"

Halan nods, motioning to the scene before him.

"Yeah, but who is the good guys here?"

Apollo looked around confused.

"Darn it!" he yelled.

-------------

Zim was deep in his evil plotting mind.

"How strange," Mecha Sonic said quietly, "He suggests that we target that other being, and then seems to go back on that decision. Like he doesn't want us to target the creature. And they are of the same species."

Could there be some sort of kinship between the two?

Meta Knight stared as it turned and stomped away. Well, that told it. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a young girl run after Light. "Excuse me, but where are you going?" he asked, voice softening up a bit without realizing it. Knowing his luck, that girl was probably some hideous monster like the dog, but he didn't give it much thought.

((I know I'm a bit late.))

"What the-" Cell halted his attack. What were these things? He eyes shot to the Green and white thing. He was unsure of what to do, although, he could probably get away from these things. Well, this is certainly a predicament. "You think... THIS can beat me?!" He curled into the closest thing he could get to a ball, charging up energy. Super Explosive Waves tended to be a good shield against thing like this, and attacks in general.

"Hehehe," Karou laughed at Galacta Knight snapping out at him, "So maybe you are having doubts then. That's fine, we could simply just target someone else."

Karou then sighed, "But no, you get all angry over it. Is it something personal? Then feel free to walk out on us."

He turned back to the others, "Alright, who else is there? What about that Halsemon that attacked me?", he suggested, then realizing that not everyone know what he was talking about, he continued, "The red four-legged bird monster."

"Yeah, but who is the good guys here?"
Link glanced up. Some kind of odd, humanoid jackal creature was talking to a human. None of this seemed strange anymore. Somehow, the only thing he really noticed was the incorrect grammar. He thought about trying to indicate that he and the rabbit were the "good guys", but it wasn't exactly like they would actually believe him.
Strangely, he wasn't afraid of the creature anymore, more annoyed than anything. Link turned his attention back to it. It was curled up in a ball, apparently readying some kind of attack. But he was ready now.
He aimed another arrow at the thing's neck. A second before it would hit, it exploded with golden light. Hence the name, light arrows. The second best weapon against evil creatures. Now, if this freakish thing would just die.

Last edited:

((Waitwait what? Light isn't running! I'm just really slow at answering D:<))

Light stood and watched in silence as the dog transformed into a human and then into a hidous monster. Now he was somewhat curious. Where was he? Some kind of different world? 'Well it sure is different from the real world. Maybe I never died, Near just sent me to a mental hospital?' He shuddered at the thought of his death. 'I lost all my pride at that moment.' He smirked 'I could just as well have died then. Oh wait, I am dead. Haha, how funny.'

"What are you?" He called calmy after the 'homonculi', which is what it had callen itself. "Where I come from I have not seen anything like you, or this..." He glanced at the round thing and the cat which had somehow transformed into a woman.
---

L had watched from afar curiously. The monster had said that round being was pathetic and a waste of time, and was now walking away. But now... Something had shouted from behind a building at the monster. No... someone... the voice was so familiar. L knew who it was, but couldn't believe it.

'Light?'

((I didn't say Light was running. I may have given that impression.))

Galacta Knight left the alleyway, ignoring Karou. That creature, a "Tsukaimon" he called himself, had some nerve. But he had no time to fight him over it. Turning to the City's west exit, he called out, "All troops, assemble!"

Emerging out of trees, bushes, and even a few out of a nearby wastebin were dozens of small soldiers. There appeared to be four kinds, each wielding either an ax, mace, or trident, and some with seemingly nothing. While they all wore different armor and had different body structures, they all had a pale purple and blue-green coloration.

"As you know, we will be taking refuge in this city." He gestured with his lance at a nearby building. "This will be your apartment. Find whatever vacant rooms you can, and if there are none, get back to me. I will be staying somewhere else, which I will direct you to when I have decided."

Obediently, the soldiers poured into the building.

((Fail...!))

Last edited:

Cell let lose the explosion. It was a shield, a bomb, with a radius of twenty feet. In the midst of the explosion, he teleported out of the sphere of spiked balls... When something pierced his neck. Thankfully, he had telported to face the spiked balls, and the light was, luckily, not blinding him. But it REALLY irritated him. He tugged the arrow out, and angrily switched his gaze to Link. Fighting two opponents was difficult, especially when it went this way.

A yellow beam shot towards Cell, piercing him, and going straight through his body. He flew back a bit, holding a hand over the hole in his chest. "You... Fool." He looked up at the THIRD FREAKING ATTACKER.

Vegeta smiled. "Seems like you two could use some help. Not like I've ever had an easy time with him, but, hey."

The King Of Sorrow looked at the new person who had joined the fight, he had funny hair. He then turned his attention to his enemy again. He began walking against him slowly, he had to be close enough for the following attack to work.
When he has at least 22 feet away from Cell when he stopped, and suddenly raised a shield around himself. It was shaped as a ball and had 4 spikes coming out of it, none of them actually pointed at Cell for the moment, but if they had been they would've pierced him.
Then the shield began spinning around in rather high speed, making th four spikes rotate with it.
"Try as you might, but only one person was ever capable of figuring out the weak spot of this shield"

Vegeta rolled his eyes. Whoop-dee-do, a shield. His hair stood up a bit straighter, his muscles bulked slightly, and his hair changed to yellow, seeming to give off light. "Let's hurry this up, I don't have forever."

"Ah!" Cell was trying everything. The friggin' shield was too fast. He did the default, try to blow it up. He blasted it a few times weakly, before finally just dashing madly again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom