• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Dead Men Shambling.

Alright, phillip and FMC, y'all can have second characters. I'm going to completely close this now, might allow others to have other characters, might even open again in the far future.))

Name: Jordan Lunder
Appearance: Medium weight, brown hair. Medium build, and nothing too special. A full beard.
Location: On the helipad, fighting off zombies with his shotgun that he keeps for luck.
Personality: Brave and courageous. Otherwise PO.

Stuart approached the hot dog stand, and saw the white hat of the vendor bobbing up and down. "Excuse me, sir? Can I have a hot dog, no mustard, with ketchup?" he said Stuart said in an English accent.
The vendor grumbled. "Uhhhh.... Sir, is something wrong?" Stuart said again. "Everything alright?" At that moment, the vendor reveal his face, the color of green, slimy goo. It looked to be covering all his flesh. Stuart screamed in horror.
"Wh-What HAPPENED?" he shouted. The zombie vendor started moaning, and took out a knife from his apron, and started trying to go for Stuart's head. Stuart quickly made a run for the nearby mall, where he might be able to lose the zombie tailing him.

"Oh, sweet God, please don't let me die..."
The young girl was shaking uncontrollably behind the counter of a small candy store. A large gumball machine was blocking the door of the shop, but it was hardly enough to contain the monsters outside. The girl had seen them shuffling around outdoors; it was a miracle they didn't notice her wide-eyed and paralyzed in fear as she stared out the glass window. It was another miracle they didn't hear her scream.
Lili did nothing to deserve this, did she? Once or twice she took a few candy bars and his them in her back pocket, but was that horrible enough to throw these monsters at her store? It wasn't really her store, but only she and her brother, Skyler, and younger cousin, Jay, owned the shop. The Candy Corner used to be a worn-down gas station stop, but it took only a few months to turn it into a heaven of sweets. But Skyler and Jay were both away; Skyler was visiting their grandparents in Florida and Jay was in San Fransico for the week. Lili was left to work the store all alone.
She peered out from behind the counter, and out the glass window. Three zombies were outside, wandering around aimlessly. Lili ducked behind the counter again, and for the seventh time today, started sobbing.

Edward jumped into the back of the truck, yelling his thanks so the driver. After he settled in the bed, he started blasting the heads off of zombies again, guns blazing.

"Let's go! This place isn't the best of cover!" He yelled.

((I'll make another char later perhaps |D))

Antonio gunned it as soon as the man jumped on. In response, he shouted, "Do you have any idea where to go?!", as he drove around. He then turned towards the route to the city, heading towards his tidy little gun shop, which probably wasn't so tidy now.

Angelo locked all the other church doors then peeked out of the front. Looks like there are no zombies out here... now if i can just run across the street to the city hall...
Angelo ran out across the street to the city hall. He almost made it too. But as he reached for the doorknob it flung open and revealed a horde of zombies inside.

"No idea!" Edward yelled, blasting a hole in the chest of a random zombie.

This is it! The thrill! His mind purred at him like a kitten, pumping a steady supply of Adrenalin to his body. This was it! This trill was better than anything he'd ever faced, and it was wonderful. He fired another shot and a zombie fell, as he blew it's left leg off. It's fellows just kept walking, climbing over their fallen comrade.

The zombie was gaining, and fast. Stuart cussed, and knew he couldn't make it to the mall in time. I need a weapon, he thought. Almost miraculously, he saw a gun shop. "HELP! OPEN UP!" he shouted, banging hard with his fists on the shop door. "THERE'S A FRIGGIN ZOMBIE!"

Running back to the church he locked the door behind him "No... I'm trapped... Safe but trapped..." Then getting an idea he ran to the phone picked it up and dialed his friend skyler's shop I hope they're ok...

((Sorry but i need some contact with the outside world D: and also angelo doesn't know that skyler is out of town))

((Uh...under a tree near a cemetery? Stupid place to be, but yeah...))

OK, that's about all you need for that blank, you're in.

---

After some time, Antonio muddled his way through roadways of zombies, sped across a relatively clear highway, and into the city blocks. All the while, he heard the stranger he picked up blasting away, while he didn't tag many himself. Antonio slowed the pickup as he navigated the streets. Or tried, but the city, fittingly enough, had a bigger concentration of the undead, who clogged some streets so much that there was no hope of getting through.
He didn't spot any survivors, but asked his comrade, "Do you see any other surviviors?", as he tentatively searched for a way to his gun shop past all the zombies, aptly named Antonio's Armory.

Last edited:
((Yay))

BANG

"Another one down..."

Jac lowers his hand gun, looking down at the fallen Zombie. He places a talisman on the zombies forehead, then walks away from the Cemetery.

CRACK

"...shit"

He spins around and sees more of the zombies making their way toward him. He pulls off the shotgun on his back and starts to load it when the sound a truck fills the air.

"What the hell?"

The zombie was coming fast. "CRA-" Stuart groaned. He spotted a crowbar in an alley, and quickly ran to grab it. "This'll do well," he said. All of sudden, he looked up and saw a figure leading over him. It was a different zombie.
"WHAT THE HELL?!?!?" he screamed, waving the crowbar wildly. He knocked the zombie unconscious, and kept his back to the gun shop door. He started whacking the zombie even more, and saw the previous hot-dog vendor zombie approaching. "Oh shoot..." he said in terror.

((Zombies aren't very loud, so it is possible that he could hear her, but I will change the post))

((Yes, they are. And, well... Look, even if it was silent in the mall, a person on the second floor would NEVER be heard by someone outside. Sorry If I sound annoyed and annoying, but it would basically be deux ex machina. And my character isn't a girl and definitely not a "kid", being 23 and all. And I wanted to do her epic escape that would involve falling down the stairs whilst in the fetal position and not-so-epic things like that, so that was part of why I'm being rawr..y at the moment. Sorry. ^^; Maybe she gets out, then runs into your character in front of the mall and then the whole thing with the helicopter? It would make more sense and give me an excuse to have her fall down the stairs in the fetal position. xD))

Last edited:
((OK Fine, but can I have seen the hoard of zombies crowding mall and decided to go in and attack them, you fall just as I come in and then Jordan sees us and picks us both up? And your character IS a girl.))

No one was picking up the phone. "Come on pick up... Pick up..."

((Now i can't do anything till mew posts D:))

((Sure, fine with me! In that case, lets ignore your last two posts, okay? And she's a girl in the sense of being female, not the kid sense. A 23 year old is not a kid, unless you're a giant tortoise or something.))
She was robbing a store. Well, it isn't stealing if you're the only human there, possible in the whole world, she reasoned. Not thinking much about that, Anastasia grabbed random items and stuffed them in her bag, constantly looking to see if the zombies had gotten in. Trail mix, cheez-its, water bottles, and a tiny loaf of bread that was being squished from all the other stuff in it, anything in reach. As long as it was edible.. She had a vague plan in mind, something along the lines of taking as much food as possible, hoard it in a bathroom, securely barricade said bathroom, and wait for as long as necessary. It was pretty much doomed to fail from the start, but fighting until she got ripped to shreds or collapsed from exhaustion didn't sound any better. The bag was full, and almost impossible to close. When she did, Anastasia grabbed a box of granola bars and a Coke (Noting with slight annoying the lack of beer in the store), then sat down on a check-out counter. Popping the soda open, she said to nobody in particular,
"Yay for grocery stores. If things go back to normal, I owe the people here a lot of money."
She took a huge gulp of soda, chuckling darkly.
"Yeah, like that'll happen. Guess I'm flying solo from now on, huh? Last human alive, maybe? Jeez, what a thought. I'm Ann, not the guy from I Am Legend. I liked that book."
She laughed again at how normal she seemed to be acting and quickly ate, listening for the zombies to break in. In the meantime, she tried sharpening her sword against the counter with limited success. Surprisingly, she was on the second can of soda before the door was smashed open, slamming into the wall with a bang.
"Dang. Well, here goes everything."
She grabbed her sword and jumped to the ground and sprinted out, avoiding the piles of broken glass that had once been windows. Were there more zombies than before?! Ann tried something she would regret in about five seconds. She tried to imitate a spinning attack from a video game she couldn't remember the name of. She swirled around on one foot faster than seemed possible, hacking apart almost everything in a five-foot radius. The bad part was she toppled over from dizziness. Ann slammed into the stair railing then tumbled down the stairs, still holding the sword, and yelped every time her head hit something, with seemed to be about 30 times a second to her, give or take a few. Dazed, she could do nothing but swear softly to herself and hope she didn't get brain damage.
The good news was she was at the bottom of the stairs, at least. Buried under a pile of zombies that suddenly appeared, she kicked randomly as hard as possible, scrambled on all fours away, then ran faster than seemed possible. Bursting out the front door, she blinked at the bright sunlight, then whooped and screamed,
"I'm ALIVE! I'm not dead, I'm not dead, hallelujah, I'M NOT A FRIGGEN ZOMBIE! WHOOO!"
Be happy while it lasts..

((Whoa, all my posts here are ridiculously long. ^^;))

Last edited:
And then, back down to earth. Ann looked incredulously at the other person there, then grinned. She hugged him for a moment, then said everything quickly almost as one word.
"Yeah, duh! Thank God, I'm not the only human! Whoo! There's zombies in there! I swear. You can check if ya' wanna, but pleasepleaseplease don't. I could just very well lose my mind as it is. I'm okay!"
That wasn't entirely true. Her knee was still bleeding, she was sore all over from the fall down the stairs. And assorted bruises and scratches from the fighting, but she was in one piece, at least. She immediately began planning.
"We have to look for survivors! I bet in those shops over there have to be people. And.. houses! I don't know! C'mon!"
She pointed towards a few buildings, a grocery store and a video store. There was a candy shop nearby that was also a possible place for people to be.
"Oh, right. I'm Anastasia. Or Ann, if you want. I don't usually carry around a sword, sorry If I'm freaking you out."

Back
Top Bottom