• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Dead Men Shambling.

The girl kept smiling, saying, "I'm Lili. This," she motioned to the cat," is Jiji. And may I ask your name?"
He seemed friendly enough, this new man. She wondered how many survivors there were exactly, and if her brother and cousin were all right.

Jac smiles softly, his eyes still closed. He runs his hand through his white hair, slowly losing the stress that built up in his head.

"My name is Jac Moon. Tis a pleasure to meet you and your cat Jiji"

Lili shook her head. "It's not my cat, it's Ana's. But I'm very pleased to meet you, too."

Jac opens one of his eyes and looks at her with his pale blue orb.

"And who, pray tell, is Ana?"

He then studies her silently with one eyes, then turns to face her.

"How old are you?"

Dr. Cromwell whispered something in Jordan's ear and left the room. "So, Miss Anastasia, how do you feel about the Doc?" J.J. asked.

((That's a great pickup line! ═_═))
"You guys need not worry about storage. I have an infinate storage device, remember?"

((*cracking up*))

Ana folded her arms, looking irritated.
"What do you care? What did he tell you? If he asked you to ask me or something like that, then I may indeed have to break something."
She was practically hissing, clearly not joking.
Jiji looked up and Jac, then jumped up onto the arm of his chair. She meowed loudly.

"No, he didn't tell me to ask you that. He told me to tell all of you that he would be on the roof, because in about an hour he is going to give helicopter flying lessons, so that we all know how to use it in case we need to get out and one of us is incapacitated." J.J. executed the partial lie flawlessly, and Dr. Cromwell had said that, and he had also asked him to ask Ana that.

"That's a rather roundabout way of saying that, then. And why didn't he just ask us instead of asking you to tell everyone?"
She didn't believe J.J., but kept speaking in the same annoyed, slightly sarcastic tone of voice. Ana hoped that if she could keep him talking, he'd give himself away. And them she could watch him awkwardly try to explain everything away.
He wouldn't talk like that. Someone isn't being honest here. I think.
She found it slightly funny. When she was in high school, guys used nearly the exact same excuses.

"But wouldn't it be easier to just say it? Like, verbally? Oh wait, logic works different in cruddy excuse land."
She said sarcastically. Ana chuckled.
"Or am I just too gorgeous..? Pppht."
She spun around, then went to get Jiji.
I'm simultaneously disgusted and confused..

"Fine. I admit it, he did want me to ask you. He said he was afraid because he had always been nervous around beautiful women such as yourself since he was a child." And then, Dr. Cromwell walked down from the stairs. He had been listening the whole time. "It's true, I have been nervous. I'm sorry, and understand if you hate me now, and will attempt to stay out of your way if you want me to." he said.

Ana made a choking sound and began laughing hysterically.
"Beautiful women? What the heck? In case you haven't noticed, I am regularly mistaken for a guy and.."
She stopped when Dr. Cromwell appeared, looking more serious.
"Um, you could've just told me directly. I won't bite your head off or run away. No I don't hate you at all and you don't have to stay out of my way, but.."
She pretended to hit him on the head.
"Teach your friend how to lie better. I didn't believe a word he said. 'Kay?"
Beautiful? Wha..? I was 10 the last time someone's referred to me as that.

Well. That was stupid.
Ana was silent, wondering helplessly what idiocy she had just committed. She sat down of a chair with a sigh. Jiji jumped onto her chair and licked her arm, then ran upstairs. Ana called to the kitten (only half joking),
"Say sorry to him for me, okay?"
Jiji ignored her and began walked around in the upstairs hallway, meowing loudly.

((Ana, Ana, Ana. You are hopeless. xD))

Dr. Cromwell stood up in his room and punched the wall extremely hard, out of rage at himself and his stupidity. He made a hole. He pulled his arm back out and shook it because of the small sting of pain he felt.
-----------
J.J. walked silently up to the roof and started shining his helicopter.

Uh, what's that sound? God.
She grabbed a pen from the table and went upstairs to her room. She fished a notepad from her bag and began scribbling furiously on it.
I heard something from downstairs. I really hope you're not hurting yourself. I'm an idiot. I'm sorry for acting like one. Now please stop and hug the bringer of this message. Might help. I'm having a stupid, confused day. And nobody's called me beautiful since I was 10.
-Embarrassment Jones.

She tore it out of the book and neatly folded it, then scooped up Jiji and stuffed it under her collar. She opened Dr. Cromwell's room's door a tiny bit and pushed the kitten inside, who started meowing louder out of confusion.

Dr. Cromwell saw a message to him on Jiji's collar and read it. On the back he wrote
Hmm. I'm sorry. I'm leaving now.
He then hugged Jiji and sent her on her way. He then got up on the ledge and yelled "Goodbye!"

Hmm. I'm sorry. I'm leaving now.
Ana petted Jiji for a moment.
"That's.. There's no way out of that room unless it's the door we're sitting next to. What..?"
She was stunned at him yelling goodbye.
Wait, yes there is.. the...
She didn't wait to finish the thought. Flinging the door open and sprinting through the room, she grabbed his arm and pulled back as hard as possible, screaming something incoherent, that only vaguely sounded like "Get down and don't jump!".
The heck you are!
"Hey! I'm the one who was being stupid, and this counts as hurting yourself!"

((So.. very.. eloquent.. xP))

Back
Top Bottom