• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Denryu vs. The Omskivar

Urk completely horridly uninspired commands

Herp derp Bullet Seed

If Magni Reflects, or Protects, switch to Focus Energy, if you've already Focus Energied then Double Team.

Bullet Seed/Focus Energy/Double Teamx3

Well, let's just Reflect anyway. Then use your last Chill, and finish with Dragon Pulse.

Reflect ~ Chill ~ Dragon Pulse

what how has it been a month already

Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

feebas.png
Prism-Scale.png

[Magni] Feebas [Swift Swim] ♀
Health: 63%
Energy: 46%
Status: Several minor cuts on her forehead. Her skin is scored all over.
Thoughts: "Ha, mine's better."
Stat Changes: Doubled base speed/Light Screen'd
Commands: Reflect ~ Chill ~ Dragon Pulse

Ballempty.png
Ballfull.png

remoraid.png

[Schwarzengerman] Remoraid [Sniper] ♂
Health: 90%
Energy: 94%
poiso.gif
(Badly, 2% this round, 3% next)
Thoughts: "Come on, lemme at her."
Stat Changes: N/A
Commands: Bullet Seed/Focus Energy/Double Team x3​

Staring appreciatively at her shimmering blue wall, Magni thinks for a moment and then begins further work. Flipping her tail in a huge arc above her one single time, the feebas brings into existence a glinting pyrite half-globe around herself. If one were to look closely, they would notice that the fake snow, with as little momentum as it has, is unable to get through the dome and instead stick halfway through the gold hemisphere.

Looking a tad disappointed, Schwarzengerman bites down on his urge to spit seeds and instead sharpens his concentration, cutting past the haze of poisonous blargh in his system to get his head into this game he's in.

Magni makes sure her opponent isn't going to punch her in the gills or anything and then tentatively closes her eyes, ignoring everything except for her tenuous mental connection to her Reflect and Light Screen. She can't quite get completely relaxed due to these factors, but overall she gets some nice chill time.

Newly focused, Schwarzengerman pushes aside the discomfort that is still nagging at him and begins speeding around his enemy. Midway through this maneuver, Magni finishes Chilling and cracks an eyelid. She almost fish-laughs at her slow enemy's attempts, but decides that even his paltry three clones are something to be wary of. Nevertheless, she confidently swivels about and attempts to take aim. Then, she does actually laugh somehow; her opponent may have shadow clones about, but only the real one isn't being penetrated constantly by flurries of plastic snow. As she brings herself to bear on her real target, the three fake ones shimmer away under the weight of the false blizzard. A turquoise blaze of draconic energy pours from her smirking mouth and sends Schwarzengerman end-over-end for several flips.

Refocusing himself and redoubling his efforts, Schwarzengerman begins his wild swimming again. Apparently not realizing what ruined his first attempt, the remoraid puts his all into summoning three more clones that are, as the round closes, already shimmering into nothingness.

Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

feebas.png
Prism-Scale.png

[Magni] Feebas [Swift Swim] ♀
Energy: 44%
Status: Her skin is scored all over. A ball of blue light and a dome of gold surround her.
Thoughts: "Ha, mine's better."
Stat Changes: Doubled base speed/Light Screen'd/Reflect'd
Performed: Reflect ~ Chill ~ Dragon Pulse

Ballempty.png
Ballfull.png

remoraid.png

[Schwarzengerman] Remoraid [Sniper] ♂
Health: 79%
Energy: 86%
poiso.gif
(Badly, 2% this round, 3% next)
Thoughts: "You lucky little..."
Stat Changes: +2 critical hit domain
Performed: Focus Energy ~ Double Team ~ Double Team

Arena Status

The water is temperate. The church has been ripped open. The fake doors lay on the ground, half-covered by white plastic. 'Snow' is settling around the battlers. A few half-dissolved clones are clustered about Schwarzengerman for the immediate moment.

Notes

Chill was reduced in effectiveness due to Reflect and Light Screen needing concentration.

Schwarz's Double Team clones don't work in driving (fake) snow.

Next Round

Denryu attacks, then The Omskivar.

Feebas's slim movepool is depressing. Dragon Pulse all the way. I really want another teamie to get out there and get some EXP.

Dragon Pulse x3

The Snow Globe

The trainers and their Pokemon have been shrunk down to size to fit into this tiny representation of a town on the night before Christmas. Though the name of the arena is "The Snow Globe", the only Pokemon able to battle here are water-types, as snow globes are filled with water. In the small globe are four "snow"-crested plastic houses and a church. The Pokemon are of the size that, if the doors of the buildings could be opened, they would fit as if they had been entering the average door in the outside world.

Every other round a random passerby will shake the globe, causing the "snow" to fly around the sphere, coming to rest at the end of the round. While this is in effect, all moves lose 15% accuracy (Not 15% of their accuracy, so a Toxic would go down to 60%, not 62%). As the entire arena is made of water, electric moves will hit both the target and the user. The dome of the globe is also indestructible for the purposes of the battle, though the miniature buildings can be destroyed at will.

Additional Rules: Only Pokemon that can survive underwater for long periods of time may participate.​

Denryu (Oo)
feebas
Magni (f) <Swift Swim>
Energy: 39%
- Her skin is scored all over. A ball of blue light and a dome of gold surround her.
"Ha, mine's better."
Swift Swim activated. Reflect active (3 more actions); Light Screen active (2 more actions).

The Omskivar (xO)
remoraid
Schwarzengerman (m) <Sniper>
Health: 79%
Energy: 86%
- “You lucky little..."
Badly poisoned (3% this round, 4% next). Sniper active. Focused.

No one notices the passing time or change of ref - or even the entire turnover of Asber itself - in fact, it seems like no time has passed at all in the tiny snowglobe. The two battlers are focused entirely on each other, or perhaps themselves, both feeling their wounds. Magni moves first though, kicking her tiny tail into motion and grabbing a big breath of blue energy, which she releases towards her opponent. The blue fire sears through the water like oil, bubbling as it comes into contact with Schwarz’s sensitive skin, and he cringes and thrashes away before it burns out. He twists and quickly retaliates with his own flurry - spitting out tiny bulletfulls of seedlings, so many they rush in every which-way, only a few of them scoring across Magni’s scaly side. One of them pops her in a formerly-formed bruise, yelps out in pain, momentaliry forgetting even to flap her fins, drooping a bit in the water. She quickly thrashed back up, wincing still.

She takes another deep breath and another stream of blue fire rips towards Schwarzengerman, searing his backside before he can flip away. He’s looking medium-rare at this point, and clearly in pain, but perhaps his anger keeps him going… He gargles more seeds up and spits them towards Magni, a bit better-aimed this time, more of them landing on her side than before. Another one hits her in a bruised spot, and her wincing continues, her eyes closing with tension. When she can finally stop maintenance on one of her shields, she looks a bit relieved; a green shimmer around her fades into the water with a sparkle and she takes a deep breath, growing more and more tired.

But she’s not done yet. Another breath and another flame arc towards Schwarz, and he takes it this time, waiting it out before he opens his tiny fish mouth to spit out more seeds. Magni’s remaining screen still weakens the worst of it, and though their aim is better, none of them hit a bruise this time - to Magni’s relief. Even better for her, once the last of the seeds hit, she breaks concentration on her last shield, letting the reflect fade to wherever the light screen went. She feels a bit naked now, but certainly grateful that she doesn’t have to keep them up anymore.​

Denryu (Oo)
feebas
Magni (f) <Swift Swim>
Health: 47%
Energy: 29%
- So tired…
Swift Swim activated.

The Omskivar (xO)
remoraid
Health: 55%
Energy: 80%
- :c Ow.
Badly poisoned (3% this round, 4% next). Sniper active. Focused.

Arena Notes:
The water is temperate. The church has been ripped open. The fake doors lay on the ground, half-covered by white plastic. 'Snow' is settling around the battlers. A few half-dissolved clones are clustered about Schwarzengerman for the immediate moment.

Final Notes:
  • I THINK I got everything, but since I’m taking over from a different ref I mighta missed something/got something wrong, so feel free to correct me if I did…
  • Schwarz got a crit on the first hit on his first bullet seed, and the last hit on his second bullet seed. The seeds hit 3 times first action, and 5 times the following two actions.
  • It’ll ‘snow’ again next round.
  • Omskivar next.

Last edited:
okay but with two critical hits with an automatic 10% damage each (even added to a base 1%) I should have at least done 20% damage, not less than 10%. Unless I'm just doing really bad math?

EDIT: actually with 1% damage each hit and 3 + 5 + 5 = 13 hits, plus two 10% crit bonuses wouldn't that be 33%? Even with Reflect up each hit has to do at least 1%, and Magni's health has only gone down...7%

I think it means 10% of the base attack not 10% total damage. That would be ridiculous.

ETA: You're ignoring reflect halving the damage.

From the Damage & Energy Guide:

What do we do in the case of a critical hit?

Nothing in terms of energy, +(attack's bp/10)% damage, to a maximum of 7% extra damage. Or always 10% bonus damage if the pokémon has sniper.

10% of the base attack would be even less than a normal critical hit, which would make Sniper a really bad ability. I think it only seems ridiculous because of how weak Bullet Seed is under these circumstances.

Edit: Does Reflect halve the total physical damage in a round, or the damage from each physical hit? The D&E Guide also says that each hit has to do a minimum of 1% damage.

Okay, I'm gonna edit this round because commands were issued already, and I'll hold off reffing next round until sniper is fixed to make more sense.

ETA: I ref reflect as halving total damage, otherwise each hit would be doing less than 1%.

ETA 2: Edited reffing.

Last edited:
Use Octazooka to try and cloud the water around him, then Seed Bomb. If you can't hit him for some reason other than Substitute, use Focus Energy.

Octazooka/Focus Energy~Seed Bomb/Focus Energy~Seed Bomb/Focus Energy

The Snow Globe

The trainers and their Pokemon have been shrunk down to size to fit into this tiny representation of a town on the night before Christmas. Though the name of the arena is "The Snow Globe", the only Pokemon able to battle here are water-types, as snow globes are filled with water. In the small globe are four "snow"-crested plastic houses and a church. The Pokemon are of the size that, if the doors of the buildings could be opened, they would fit as if they had been entering the average door in the outside world.

Every other round a random passerby will shake the globe, causing the "snow" to fly around the sphere, coming to rest at the end of the round. While this is in effect, all moves lose 15% accuracy (Not 15% of their accuracy, so a Toxic would go down to 60%, not 62%). As the entire arena is made of water, electric moves will hit both the target and the user. The dome of the globe is also indestructible for the purposes of the battle, though the miniature buildings can be destroyed at will.

Additional Rules: Only Pokemon that can survive underwater for long periods of time may participate.​

Ampharos (Oo)
feebas
Magni (f) <Swift Swim>
Health: 47%
Energy: 29%
- So tired…
Swift Swim activated.

The Omskivar (xO)
remoraid
Health: 55%
Energy: 80%
- :c Ow.
Badly poisoned (4% this round). Sniper active. Focused.

Just as Magni prepared to take a well-deserved break, her world started to turn. Everything swung upwards, a slow-motion upheavel of water that shook everything around her, including herself - she was drug upwards, then down, then up again, not so fast that she couldn’t right herself but it was certainly work. Relaxing during all this was not what she was hoping; she got a few moments to recover her breath but nothing real.

And even worse: just as she thought she could catch a break, a rare moment of silence, a shot of black ooze slammed into her aching side, tossing her sideways into the snowglobe’s glass walls. It hurt, a double impact, but none of the ink got into her eyes, thankfully, and all the shaking disperced it so that it didn’t cloud around her too much. She was wincing, but able to see.

So she took another deep breath, releasing one more blue flame towards Schwarz. It was still hard to aim with the water shaking, but it struck true along the remoraid’s back, scorching him raw. He winces, but remains focused; hacking, drooling, he spits up a dense ball of seeds and whacks it with his tail towards Magni. She turns wide-eye and tries to swim away - but it slams into her side, again, so many things hitting her and she curls up in so much pain. She honestly can’t go on much longer…

She uncurls slowly, eyes blurrily spotting Schwarz again. Another dragon pulse streaks towards him and hits, drawing him ever closer to Magni’s level of pain; his back and sides are turning red from the repeated attacks. Angrily, he spits up another ball of seeds, taking aim before whacking it towards Magni… But with a final shake of the globe, the swirling water churns it sideways, dispersing the seeds uselessly amonsgt the fake snow. Magni breathes a sigh of relief while Schwarzengerman swears.​

Ampharos (Oo)
feebas
Magni (f) <Swift Swim>
Health: 21%
Energy: 18%
- ‘Lemme sleep now 9_9’…
Swift Swim activated. Chills 3/3

The Omskivar (xO)
remoraid
Health: 37%
Energy: 68%
- ‘I kill you and then you sleep’.
Badly poisoned (4% this round). Sniper active.

Arena Notes:

Final Notes:
  • Focus Energy faded at the end of the round.
  • I deducted a bit of energy from chill due to the entire arena being shaken.
  • Octazooka was a crit but didn’t lower accuracy, and the last Seed Bomb missed.
  • It’ll ‘snow’ again in two rounds.
  • Omskivar next.

Last edited:
I just realized this now, but I had already used my 3 allotted Chills before that round. Not your fault pathos, having taken over midway through the battle, but that last round should be changed.

Back
Top Bottom