• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Derisory Obsessions

Tailsy

if the nineth lion ate the sun.
Pronoun
she
derison: the use of ridicule or scorn to show contempt
derisory: worthy of derision; especially: laughably small

I'm trying to find unusual words so I can work them into my vocabulary. You should try it sometime. It's recently become one of my pointless and banal obsessions. Much like these other things:

• Cats sitting like loaves of bread (alternatively: breadcats)
  • Darren Criss Cute boys with goofy facial expressions
  • Trying to work out if I just made 'tea pink' up or if it is actually a colour
  • Folding book pages together so they make heart shapes
  • Inventing elaborate backstories for strangers
  • 'forced bonding' or 'soulbonding' fic, the negative repercussions of (esp. imprinting á la the Twilight universe)
  • Terrible Pokémon puns
  • Sepia-toned photographs of contemporary technology
  • Perfectly-looping .gifs
  • Ribbons and ruffles and ruffled ribbons and ruffled ribboned skirts

So essentially, this is a thread for 'cataloguing that stupid shit you're fascinated by even though you're not sure why'. Because I find that sort of thing just as interesting as the shit I just listed. Let's roll, guys.

>BOXES
>Sorting stuff into piles
>The heights, ages, birthdays, etc of fictional characters
>The way kittens smell
>Making lists oh god why wasn't that the first thing I thought of
>Times and dates
>Pointing out all the differences in little things between the UK and USA
>Accents. All accents. Ever.

~ touching interesting smooth surfaces, like my DSLite's cover :U
~ finding all my Bionicles and making new clothes for them (me= the weirdest person yes) <3
~ biting things (like this lollipop stick)
~ thinking about the colours of letters and numbers and words
~ cropping cool gifs into messenger-compatible avatars
~ trying to think more to add to this list! why is it that I always forget everything when I shouldn't :U

Folding book pages together so they make heart shapes
This in some form. I need to go to the library to get some books so that I can do this, haven't read properly in a while :U

>Sorting stuff into piles

Is it borderline fetishistic?

>Uh... I think trying to fit random references everywhere? Yes. All of the references. All of them.

>Zombies

>Keeping whatever song that I like the most at the time stuck in my head as accurate and as long as possible.

• doodling with ink pens in my sketchbook
  • omelettes, and learning how to make them
  • drawing things with long beaks or snouts (lately it's anteaters, kiwi birds, and stylized plague doctor masks) often in Victorian era men's clothing
  • gas masks
  • experimental surgery/medical malpractice/etc
  • Bauhaus furniture/architecture

aaaaand I dunno what else.

BAMP

-Large round eyes
-Things with beaklike snouts
-the above especially applies to small birds
-My friend's nose
-Arms and hands
-Miniature-sized things
-Fish
-Reading about psychological pseudosciencey stuff like MBTI and Enneagram types
-Comparing siblings to eachother, noting differences and which parents they favor

Let's see here...

- Referencing random things I like out of context
- Not sleeping
- Green iced tea (this usually is paired with the previous one)
- Obsessing over things

~ Rambling to anyone who will listen to me about whatever my latest obsession is.
~ Apologizing (I do so a lot, sorry. But I like it. I tend to feel guilty about things a lot, and I feel like I repent a little every time I say "Sorry". I guess I'm really weird that way.)
~ Saying words with the letter "r" in them.
~ Using custom data types in C++.

♦ I tend to use words/phrases like 'honestly' or 'to be honest' when typing to other people. I also tend to make a lot of compound sentences if I'm writing an essay or a piece of prose.

♦ I like (to make) puns, and I find most puns laugh-out-loud hilarious. I also have an annoyingish, guffawy laugh. :/

♦ I often spout random facts about animals or other things to people.

♦ If I have nothing else to do, and there's a box of crayons nearby, I'll organize them by color. Ignore the fact that I'm red-green colorblind and have no business doing such things.

You deserve to die gingers are great.

I hate being ginger. I HAAATE ITTT I mean, it has it's strong points, but everyone's all like, maybe if you were blonde you'd have a boyfriend and shit.

Anyways, I also have a few other things
  • Soft furry things
  • Flash animation
  • Anything hot pink
  • People with neon-colored hair
  • Shaved legs
  • Baby animals
  • Blueberry muffins

Motherfucking CHEX MIX. That shit is delicious and I always buy at least two bags whenever we go out shopping.

Drawing swords. I draw other bladed/melee weapons too, and sometimes their wielders, but I really like to draw swords for some reason.

Expanding my vocabulary. I suppose this isn't quite so derisory as I can utilize these words in conversation and sound more sophisticated. (it helps that I wear glasses and a scarf all the time, too)

Wearing scarves. Not necessarily bright and garish ones, I don't really have any of those. Just plain scarves, for warmth and comfort and looking all intelligent. Sometimes they're striped, or plaid, or argyle too.

Nature in general is fascinating and awesome and I like to learn random biology facts. Once again, this one isn't entirely useless--I'd rather like to become a biologist.

There's probably more that I'm forgetting. Whatever.

-Characters/people who wear full face masks
- balance of fire and ice or light and darkness
-being very specific with measurements in stories
-coming up with random stories that will never touch paper

Oh, more.

~ The four classical elements in general (especially control of them a la Avatar.)
~ Really pretty anime eyes.
~ Putting things in rainbow/alphabetical/numerical order.
~ Doing/saying things specifically to squick someone else out.

Back
Top Bottom