• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Differences between men and women

Thank you for the beautiful demonstration of why I didn't want atheists to reply to my post. The entire freaking post was written assuming spirits were real, as you seem to have figured out.
An atheist does not believe in a god. That is all. There are lots of people who are way spiritual without being theistic — people who believe in souls and ghosts and a billion things, but if none of those billion supernatural things are gods, these people are atheists. Atheism is a single lack of belief; it doesn't comprise a set of beliefs or customs or anything like a religion. Atheism is not a religion. Atheism is not equivalent to a religion. You can't really group atheists all together, just like you can't really group theists all together.

Thank you for the beautiful demonstration of why I didn't want atheists to reply to my post. The entire freaking post was written assuming spirits were real, as you seem to have figured out.

You can't honestly expect to be absolved of all need to argue your point by saying "lol i told you not to read it if you're *insert group here*". Besides, you don't need to be a theist to believe in souls; I was just pointing out that I don't, and unless you can back your points up with evidence that souls exist, I will continue to not believe.

btw, I didn't catch the meaning of your reference to "the Pandora's box of TCoD."

I mean that you have touched on an extremely sensitive topic for many people on this forum (myself included, although I'm not gay - I just despise seeing anyone oppressed for something like sexuality). You have openly expressed a hatred of what a large group of people are doing for little or no reason whatsoever. Surprise! People don't like that. And said people are going to tear you a new one unless you can give a good reason that people fucking people of the same gender is bad.

I really don't care, and I would argue that it can't not be controlled.

Choose to be gay for a day. If you can control it, then it shouldn't be a big deal, right?

On that note, if it could be controlled, why would gays choose to be gay? Why would people choose to have their rights to marriage and equal treatment taken away? Why would people choose to end up being persecuted, beaten, or even killed for something they could control? Why would they choose to be gay when there are people like you telling them what they are doing is sick and wrong and they will burn in hell for it?

And what's more, what the hell does it matter if it's a choice? Why does their happiness jeopardize yours?

First of all, I do not think gays are horrible; I value those people, but I disagree strongly with their behaviors, and do not excuse them.

"Love the sinner, hate the sin". I've heard it all before. If you love someone, you accept who they are.

Now, in this context, what I am saying is that we are all born into different roles, and we cannot change who we are.

Just a minute ago you were saying gays can control who they are (don't try to pull the double-negative card here). Which is it?

Homosexuality is not natural, period.

Neither's the computer you're typing on.

As well, there have been many, many examples of homosexuality in animals. What was that about unnatural?

I am not going to get into another big debate, although I could. I am keeping it simple, and I never really wanted you to reply to my post, because it was not meant for you. Heck, it wasn't really meant for anybody. I'm just getting my thoroughly thought out ideas out not really expecting anyone to care.

Saying "atheists don't read this" is complete bullshit.

That said, I really believe that men and woman are meant to have different roles, no matter who they deeply are. It's like the rich man and the poor man; they are born into different roles and must live it out. It is on this note that I say that I am strongly, strongly, strongly against any kind of homosexuality, and my previous statements do not justify it at all, but that is a different debate.
Oooh, even with the sort-of weird spiritual talk, you were doing so well until this sentence, because everything in this is wrong. Tell me of the roles men and women are supposed to have. Are men supposed to go out and do hard work in the fields, work in construction sites, do paperwork in an office, anything to bring in the bacon while women pump out children and do all the housework and cooking or have some kind of low-paying secretarial position? Or if they're not married, become nurses, kindergarten instructors or stewardesses?
What about the rich and poor men? Are rich men supposed to have lavish lifestyles, own thirty cars, seven houses and a private jet while the proletariat should just accept their lowly servile position and toil away at hard jobs without ever expecting a better life?
And the faggots, the homos. Do they have to live out a particular role as well? The flamboyant, hairdresser/dancer/make-up artist/steward (okay I'll give you that this particular job seems very popular for some reason) who gives everyone advice by being a little outrageous, but just not enough to feel threatening to all the straight people? You know, threatening: like being in a relationship.

The answer to all of these is of course a resounding 'no'. In this day and age, people, no matter what their gender, sexual orientation, colour, social status, etc is should not be limited to a small number of choices based entirely on 'social expectations'. My own mother would be a fairly good example: our family used to be very rich a prestigious, with big houses and lots of land. Then the land started getting scarcer and the houses smaller and my grandfather had to haul huge boxes at the local beer factory so they'd be able to have a normal life, while he had been educated and had lived like a prince for the better part of his life. Then my mother worked odd jobs until she found a translating job, rose up and up and up and now she has a very good job and we're firmly blocked into 'upper-middle class'. Changing your monetary and social status demands hard work and a lot of luck but today more than ever it is possible.
Changing you sexual orientation and colour is impossible and changing your gender is very hard but no one should be held back because of any of these.

lol yeah those atheists, replying to posts n shit

I really don't care, and I would argue that it can't not be controlled.
Ah yes, we all know the advantages that would make someone choose to be gay, such as

First of all, I do not think gays are horrible; I value those people, but I disagree strongly with their behaviors, and do not excuse them.
What behaviours? Speak clearly please: is it fucking? You disagree on how other people fuck? That's kind of weird, since in a normal relationship all participants are of legal age and consenting.
And bravo: I don't despise them, I just want them to burn in hell forever when they die, gosh why are you being so sensitive.

Now, in this context, what I am saying is that we are all born into different roles, and we cannot change who we are. Homosexuality is not natural, period. I am not going to get into another big debate, although I could. I am keeping it simple, and I never really wanted you to reply to my post, because it was not meant for you. Heck, it wasn't really meant for anybody. I'm just getting my thoroughly thought out ideas out not really expecting anyone to care.
Animals exhibit homosexual behaviour and you're hard pressed to find a more natural thing than an animal.

"Love the sinner, hate the sin". I've heard it all before. If you love someone, you accept who they are.
Funny thing being that 'love the sinner, hate the sin' is made-up bullshit and never appears in the bible. There are so many instances of this.

So apparently I've been choosing to be gay. I didn't know that. I always thought that, you know, I got an erection over men because I couldn't help it, but thanks to you I now realise how wrong I am: I willed myself to be attracted to men because, uh -- why, exactly?

Do I have an AIDS fetish? Do I secretly like being reviled by a good portion of society? Did I really want to be struck off organ donation lists and not be allowed to give blood simply because I like men? Wow, that's a sucky choice I made, huh?

Homosexual relationships aren't "wrong." There's no "messing up" of gender roles. It's just two men in a relationship. OH MY GOD call the Fuhrer and get those gays castrated. (Which is another thing - why didn't all those German gays just "choose" to be straight until the Nazis failed?)

It seems to me like this debate would be largely summed up by a question somewhere along the lines of, 'If it were possible for two people to switch bodies or something crazy like that, could a man and a woman switch places without anything about their personality being changed?',
Quite possibly.

or rather, 'Is there really any fundamental difference between the spirit of a man and the spirit of a woman?'
A spirit is a spirit..
Spirits do not have genitals.

In my opinion in regards to the latter question, (and I am very much not sure) is no, not really. The only differences in personalities between men and women are probably caused by reactions to steriotype and body chemistry.
Lets all just forget about upbringing because it has no relevance whatsoever.
(Actually I think that's what shapes a personality the most).

That said, I really believe that men and woman are meant to have different roles, no matter who they deeply are. It's like the rich man and the poor man; they are born into different roles and must live it out.
Uh.. it's more like one's born with money and one isn't. Or one works his ass off, and the other doesn't. You're practically saying that women are born into housewives, and men are born into..sex-addicts? (lol I dunno).

We're meant to have whatever role we ourselves choose to assume, based on the type of person we are (after say 18 years with parent(s).

The spirit of someone with blonde hair is not any better embodied or personified by blonde hair than black hair.
That's because, er.. all spirits are blue.... and full of holes.
like your logic..

I think too many times we associate the body as the actual person living inside it. I sometimes almost try to keep myself from doing this. Is that really so-and-so, or is it just the body they have been bounded in to live?
Well technically, the brain and the organs are the only things allowing us to think(and write stupid posts). So in a way, we are entirely inside the body. - And yet I really take care of my body, because I think: "My body is being nice and keeping me alive, and i'd feel sorry for it if I trashed it with crappy food or injured it willingly".
I don't even understand why I think like that.

Asians are stariotyped in one way, and Westerners another, and Africans another, and the list goes on and on. These stariotypes are generally correct because people living together in a similar lifestyle are brought up in such a way that makes them how they are. I think it's pretty much the same between men and women, but there are also many more genetic factors that come into play.
Isn't it so funny how everything irrelevant relates to how men and women are meant to be different? :D

Btw, Stario is Wario's Fiancée, right?

That said, I really believe that men and woman are meant to have different roles, no matter who they deeply are. It's like the rich man and the poor man; they are born into different roles and must live it out. It is on this note that I say that I am strongly, strongly, strongly against any kind of homosexuality, and my previous statements do not justify it at all, but that is a different debate.
Homosexuality is so very wrong! you all know why? because the two homosexual people chose it themselves. It's not something they were born into, like religion(by bible-pushing parents); they were brought up freely. They didn't get a role.

They chose theirs.

It wasn't given to them, like yours.

I still am not sure if it really is true that some people actually do have different independant natures than others (I used to be completely environmental in regards to our psychology, but now I really don't know. Is everyone different? Is there a definite number of different natures in people? I think I'm still swaying toward environmentalism). And I really do not know what to think about people who are not so fortunate as to have acquired mental retardation because of genetic deficiencies (what to think of their spirits that will never really be able to grasp things).
So we're all in agreement.. Retards have mangled-blue spirits.

I love how aruseusu7 told us to ignore his post if we were atheists and every reply is an atheistic reply

I'm not going to dignify his bullshit with a response, plus everyone else has already done that but I'm just going to say I would have no problems raising the kids and taking care of the household :)

aruseusu7 is hiding because he honestly thought that the whole 'don't reply if you're atheist' thing would actually work.

GUYS let's not bicker and argue about spirits when i have a picture of an entire shelf of them!

800px-Spirituosen-im-supermarkt.jpg

oh wait

Last edited:
A woman is only a woman if she is pretty.

A man is only a man if he is ugly.

043.jpg

Now leave me alone boy, I have drinking to do.

Back
Top Bottom