• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you sort your PC Pokemon?

Do you sort your PC Pokemon?

• Total voters
I have them sorted a bit, I keep eggs in one box, babies in another, and team pokemon in another box. Then there's a box for pokemon I have named after characters and shinies, and it's probably the most well sorted box in my PC. I resort them every once in a while though.

Mine are all type sorted with one 'Main' box where new catches and my main team go for me to sort. And since there aren't enough boxes for all types + main I combine some uncommon types like Ice/Water and Steel/Rock etc.

If a Pokemon has two types I use the one that makes the most sense.

I put them in boxes according to type, where there's a box for Misc. types (like Dark), and multitype Pokemon go in the box where there are fewer Pokemon (so Lanturn'd go in the Electric box).

And I have a box for my main team, one for eggs and Pokemon I've hatched and don't want, and on my Ruby game I've got a couple of boxes dedicated to Pokemon with different ID numbers.

Thinking about it, putting Pokemon into boxes is probably the most organized thing that I do o.o

Yeah, often by purpose. For example, I put all of my ev trained pokemon in one box and my contest pokemon in another.

I tend to sort the ones I actually train by name or 'dex number, more often name as of late. I also like to use all the backgrounds so it looks more prettified.

And then the last three boxes get "Simple" backgrounds and are generally reserved for Breeding (including the parents so I can keep track of what's what), the Unown set, and Slaves like HM or Pickup/Thief pokémon. Y'know...the ones that don't battle.

I've also sorted by level before. Nothing complicated, just lowest to highest for however many boxes it took. That got out of hand real quickly...

But then again, I do have one box that's sorted. It's the one for Pokemon named after Naruto characters.

But other than that, my boxes are pretty much random.

I did on LG, but I don't bother on Pearl as I catch every pokemon in sight.

I used to try to sort by type- later died down to "Used Frequently" and "Everything Else"- and now I just throw everything wherever- partially because in Pearl it's not required to catch every Pokemon to see the dex, so I only catch those I need.

I have a main box where In keep the pokemon I caught in the storyline( a.k.a. the ones I actually use) sorted by level.

Then I have a few boxes of pokemon I caught for my dex, and one for E.V. trained ones.

Uh, kind of... usually 'new', 'team', 'breeding' or 'for someone'. But then I'm too lazy to maintain it and they get mixed up anyway. xD

I usually have one box for my main team (and main-team Pokémon that got Pal Parked over), one box for legendaries, one box for Lv.1 things that I hatched from eggs, and then the rest are arranged by where I think that kind of Pokémon would live. (based on the backgrounds, mostly... so there's a Forest box, a Field box, a Cave box, an Ocean box, and so on.)

Forest/Field/Mountain boxes tend to fill up ridiculously fast, though, so I also have one or two named "Overflow" where I just stick random things that won't fit anywhere else.

Haha, I love sorting them. xD I've got a different method for each game.

In Sapphire (which was early so yeah) I had 'em sorted by type, with a separate box for my level 100s and other party Pokemon.

In Emerald, I think I sorted them by... er, the color of their minisprites, I think. It was very pretty.

Firered was fun. x3 The boxes aren't particularly organized based on Pokemon, but rather various activities-- I would pretend it was a theme park or luxury resort or whatever. Hence, I had a box for "exploring," for "relaxing," for "battling," and so on. My main team went in the "Party" box, which had a double meaning in that it also was where they partied. xD Heh, yeah I got imaginative.

In Pearl, they're organized by which animal kingdom they belong to, or something along those lines. Hence, I have a "mammals" box, a "fish" box, a "bird" box, and so on. My main team goes in "Pokemon".

...Wonder what I'll do for platinum...?

Generally, I sort my boxes by type.
Grass, fire, water, psychic, dark, normal, ice, rock, ground, fighting, poison, flying, dragon, steel, ghost, electric; I generally lump bugs either with their secondary types or merge them witht he grass box.

After that I have a "party" box for Pokémon I use over WiFi or in-game. [EV trained pokémon generally go at the top, non-EV trained at the bottom.]

The final box is my "breeding" box for Pokémon I intend to use to breed Pokémon with egg moves, store unhatched eggs or keep a ton of ditto.

I always sort my Pokémon somehow, not counting the versions that I don't play much. Red I sorted as much as I can in that version's extremely hassling PC program; I have about three boxes of random Pokémon that I caught, and then a box for the Pokémon I actually use, which number to exactly seven. And then there's a box for my glitched Pokémon. =3

Crystal is organized by National Dex number. I used to be obsessed about always having one of every Pokémon; like if I evolved a Pidgeotto into Pidgeot, I still needed to have a Pidgeotto, so I'd have both a Pidgeotto and a Pidgeot. I think it was because I always wanted to be able to see the animations; those don't show up in the Pokédex. So I had duplicate Pokémon in their respective slots, waiting for me to evolve them. There was one extra box that I labeled "Other".

Sapphire's ordered by type. I have two Other boxes and an Egg box, as well as two boxes for Water types. I had to combine Bug and Dragon, Electric and Fighting, Fire and Flying, Ghost and Grass, Ground and Ice, Normal and Poison, Dark and Steel, and then Psychic, Rock, and Water all got their own boxes.

Fire Red is organized by National Dex number. This was another version where I obsessed over having one of each Pokémon, so all of the Pokémon are arranged so as to leave spaces for the Pokémon that I didn't have. I have two extra boxes here; one labeled Emerald for Pokémon that I'm sending to Emerald (because that's the game that I'm aiming to complete the Pokédex on) and one for Other.

I'm most satisfied with my organization method in Emerald. I organized by level in this one; there's 1-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, and 50-Plus. I have three "Other" boxes, which I generally use to store the teams I'm training with for the time being, an Egg box, a Battle Frontier box, a "Teams" box which is basically just Pokémon that I raised at the same time, an Elite box which is essentially the Pokémon that I use against the Elite Four, and two boxes for Pokérus. I'm happiest with this arrangement because it reflects my emphasis on training and evolving to complete the Pokédex. =D

...That was long.

I voted No, cause most of the time I don't, but just remembered that I did in LeafGreen. By their habitats.

Kind of. I have all my Unown in one box, and the ones that I use in battle once in a while (like my Gardevoir, Manaphy, and Electivire) in another. Aside from that, everything's tossed around pretty randomly.

Back
Top Bottom