• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you want a boy or a girl?

Do you want a boy or girl.

• Boy

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Girl

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Kids are evil. Neither.

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters

glitchedgamer

GET EQUIPPED WITH
IF you eventually have children, would you prefer a girl or a boy? This is of course considering you only have one child. Me, I'd prefer a daughter. Why? I'm not too sure...I just do. I'll be happy with whatever gender my sperm chooses for me XD.

Last edited:
why are the only options 'male', 'female' or 'none'?

if I have kids I don't really care what gender they are, so I'd pick 'either'.

Dannichu said:
Excuse me?
...the poll is directed at people who want to have kids. I don't see how he could have possibly phrased the first post to cater to someone who doesn't want to have them, because obviously they can't vote in the poll, can they? This is like if I got offended about a poll directed at people in the UK or asexuals or something; I don't really have much of a vote in either (in fact, I have none) because neither of these things have anything to do with me. If you don't want to have kids, then presumably you don't have much place in this poll, either? o_O

I think if I ever want to have a kid I'm more likely to adopt :v haha
If I had a kid by some other means (?) then I suppose I'd like a boy.

Last edited:
I think I might prefer a boy. Fewer awkward conversations, and I don't think I could manage to be mean to a new boyfriend of my daughter's. Oh well.

hmm... I think that I've been thinking more about being a father than I have about what gender I'd like possible children to be. I can't say that I have a preference, to be honest. That is to say if I have kids, of course.

I don't know if I want children yet, and I wouldn't mind the gender either way. =3 They can be who they want to be.

I don't see how he could have possibly phrased the first post to cater to someone who doesn't want to have them, because obviously they can't vote in the poll, can they?

*If* you have children, which would you prefer? Usually polls are explained properly in the subject, 'when' looks a little... out of place to me.

Anyway... I do intend to have children at some point, and I would adore a son. :3 It might be because I grew up only with a sister (and always wanted a brother instead because I was a bit of a tomboy).

I'd like a daughter too, but if I only ever had a son then I'd be happy.

why are the only options 'male', 'female' or 'none'?

if I have kids I don't really care what gender they are, so I'd pick 'either'.

...the poll is directed at people who want to have kids. I don't see how he could have possibly phrased the first post to cater to someone who doesn't want to have them, because obviously they can't vote in the poll, can they? This is like if I got offended about a poll directed at people in the UK or asexuals or something; I don't really have much of a vote in either (in fact, I have none) because neither of these things have anything to do with me. If you don't want to have kids, then presumably you don't have much place in this poll, either? o_O

What? If there's an option for "Kids are evil, neither", then clearly OP was including people who didn't want (/presumeably couldn't have) kids in the poll.

Back
Top Bottom