• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Mafia (Night 3)

Re: Doctor Mafia (Day 2)

And then I'd go back to the top of the list and heal Karkat, right? Because everyone on top of me is dead.

Sigh, I'm going to go with Karkat Vantas since we have to lynch somebody.

Extending the day by 24 hours because I feel uncomfortable GMing a lynch for which the only vote is in the most recent post.

And I'll vote Aobaru because lynching an experienced player for no reason is a scummy move.

Yeah... Aobaru. I mean, there aren't any inspectors and there are less active people to lynch. It doesn't really make much sense.

DON'T MIND ME
PRETEND I WAS HERE THE WHOLE TIME

>_>

Vote count: 3 Aobaru, 1 Karkat Vantas

The hospital staff, impressed by their own luck in flushing out another miscreant, begin to chat eagerly about what to do. Gradually the discussion dies down and nobody has any real ideas, until finally one meek attendant begins shouting for the death of one of the other doctors. Shocked by this sudden outburst against someone who had, so far, been extremely impressive-sounding, the staff descends on Aobaru. Upon his death, the staff are disappointed to find nothing suspicious at all.

Aobaru is dead. He was innocent.
48 hours for night actions.

With their organized plan of action set up, the hospital staff certainly didn't expect more than one or two deaths that morning. To their shock, though, four of their number were missing at roll call. Karkat Vantas lies neat and orderly on a couch in the lounge, appearing to be merely asleep were it not for his lack of pulse and breath. Legendaryseeker99, on the other hand, lies in an unused patient's bed, the sheets tangled around him violently and pills scattered helter-skelter everywhere.

Karkat Vantas and Legendaryseeker99 are dead. They were innocent.

In a closet on the third floor, the hospital staff find the hanged body of Blaziking Loire, a note pinned to his chest reading I didn't know what else to do...

Blaziking Loire was modkilled by request since he wasn't following the game any more. He was innocent.

The morgue's freezer hides the curled-up body of Silver Panic. In his pocket are a few days' worth of standard-order pills that have gone unadministered.

Silver Panic was modkilled for inactivity. He was innocent.

2 people did not turn in their night action.
48 hours for discussion.

Re: Doctor Mafia (Day 3)

... well that didn't go so well! This may be a stretch, but I think Karkat was doctor-killed and Legendaryseeker99 was Mafia-killed. Seems to make sense though: dying peacefully means that he accepted medicine peacefully, while struggling is a sign of being forced to take medicine. However that doesn't really help us as far as I can see, because we were following the heal-person-after-you-on-the-list method. Going by my earlier theory, that means that the person before Legendaryseeker99 left him unprotected and healed another person to kill them, and the person before ls99 is... Karkat! And I think that saying he healed himself to kill himself is a pretty far-fetched idea.

... did anyone get that I think I just lost myself there.

Well I healed Mai since she's after me on the list...

And we have 5 people left... Did I miss anything suspicious :U Because at this rate we'll have to try the odds and hope we kill a Mafia member.

One more thing: in a game of 17 there should be 3 or 4 Mafia, I think. iirc two are dead. So we either have one Mafia don or one Mafia don and one Mafia doctor. Either way, the Mafia should be limited to one kill each night if none of us heal anyone. Should we try the odds and attempt to kill the rest of the Mafia by lynching? Or should we continue with our previous plan and try to prevent deaths? If we go with the latter we run the risk of having two die every night and getting no information out of it, though. Hm.

Wait okay nevermind we have only one Mafia left, according to the first post! That means there are no Mafia doctors to sabotage our plans, and we can safely heal without fearing a second death (assuming we heal properly, people D< Superbird you were to heal OrngSumb weren't you following the thread).

Alternatively, we could be pseudo-vigilantes by organizing stuff so two of us heal the same person. It'll basically boil down to "I'll heal this person; who wants to help me kill them?" and if we hit the Don, great. If the target doesn't die, then the person's partner is the Don; however, this leaves us open to framing. This also leaves us vulnerable to Mafia kills, and if we pull this off wrong we'll have 3 deaths and the Mafia will win. Also there's the problem of inactives ruining our vigilante efforts. All in all there are too many exploitable holes for me to be comfortable executing this plan.

tl;dr let's stick with the healing person after us on the list and try our luck with lynching.

Wait maybe I did heal OrngSumb

I think I did...

...Sorry, I've been sort of confused about this game.

Last night I heal Blaziking Loire. I will plan to heal Mai tonight.

Waitwaitwait. Now it's nice to think I'm worth being healed, but shouldn't we just stick to the pattern? Blazheiro889 is the one in front of you, and I think it would be easier to stick to the pattern and heal them, because if they miss your post in the thread and stick to healing the person in front of them, they'll heal me and I'll die. Wouldn't it be better keep things the way they are?

If there's only one mafia left (and I think there is) then assuming everyone heals correctly the only person the mafia could kill is the person in front of them, therefore making it pretty easy to tell who did it. All we have to do is make sure everyone remembers!

I think Kirby-Chan just skimmed over the list of names and missed mine. It's a bit hard to tell who's crossed out and who's not from a quick glance.

Okay, to recap: our current plan is to heal the person next to us on the list. I heal Mai, Mai heals Chief Zackrai, etc. This is to ensure that we have no deaths during the night. The only one of us who does not have a healing night action is the Don; thus, if we do this right, the only unprotected person will be the person after the Don. If there is a death we will know who to lynch: e.g. if I die then Kirby-Chan is the Don.

Now, as a lynch is mandatory: all of us are accounted for, except for Chief Zackrai. In order for the above plan to work, everyone must be active and submit a night action, and know the plan. We have about one day left for discussion - if Chief Zackrai doesn't show up by then, we'll go for him, as otherwise our plan could get screwed around with. Otherwise... well, we'll see when the time comes.

Okay, I heal blazheirio889 this night. But the question is who do we lynch today?

Back
Top Bottom