• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Club

Lucky.

OMG MOFFAT COME FILM IN LOUISVILLE PLEASE I'LL BE A SCREAMING PERSON OR SOMETHING PLEASE D:

Also, for those of us who are Wholockians, I heard that Moffat said that Cumberbatch isn't going to be the new Master in 2013. Of course, I'm not sure how reliable this is. I can't remember the website, or if it was reliable or not. I'll go searching through my Tumblr links to try and find it.

How much were the tickets to the Doctor Who experience? It's moving to Cardiff and considering I live there I might want to go!

Oh my gosh, the Doctor Who Experience is the most fun, isn't it? I'm so pleased that when I went it wasn't a school holiday or anything so there weren't lots of kids, so I didn't have to give flying the TARDIS over to them or anything, because I probably would've fought them for it :p

Ahhh I dunno! That photo was from the set, haha (side note the convention was really cool and essentially a live show of Confidential, which I still can't believe they've scrapped raaagh) - is there a TARDIS in the Experience as well? I'll definitely visit that when I get back to Cardiff in September - and I'll go during school time, good advice. :p

Photo Finish, you might have found out already but I've just looked up the prices here.

A River spin-off... I dunno. I suppose it would be nice to have a story with her not knowing things ahead of time, but I'm not sure. If they wanted to make The Martha Show in like 30 years a la Sarah Jane, I would watch that FOR SURE. Actually they could probably make it now and I'd be good. The Martha Show feat. Wilf. Yes.

Have you guys seen the new on-set photos of Jenna-Louise? Agghhh I miss the series! Normally there's SJA or Torchwood to fill in the gaps, but not this year. :c

Well, obviously there will be no more SJA (tears), and Torchwood is pretty much dead in the water.

Last edited:
Ahhh I dunno! That photo was from the set, haha (side note the convention was really cool and essentially a live show of Confidential, which I still can't believe they've scrapped raaagh) - is there a TARDIS in the Experience as well? I'll definitely visit that when I get back to Cardiff in September - and I'll go during school time, good advice. :p

Coooooooool :D And yes, the Experience is about 50% interactive stuff - getting to 'fly' the Tardis, being on board a spaceship that's being attacked by Daleks, it's actually incredibly fun - and 50% museum, with models of loads of the monsters and stuff like clothes the companions and Doctors have worn. I'd definitely recommend it :)

If they wanted to make The Martha Show in like 30 years a la Sarah Jane, I would watch that FOR SURE. Actually they could probably make it now and I'd be good. The Martha Show feat. Wilf. Yes.

YES YES YES. The only thing I'd approve of more would be the Madam Vastra spinoff that should exist.

Coooooooool :D And yes, the Experience is about 50% interactive stuff - getting to 'fly' the Tardis, being on board a spaceship that's being attacked by Daleks, it's actually incredibly fun - and 50% museum, with models of loads of the monsters and stuff like clothes the companions and Doctors have worn. I'd definitely recommend it :)
AGGH WHY DOES THE EXPERIENCE HAVE TO BE IN CARDIFF

Agghhh I miss the series! Normally there's SJA or Torchwood to fill in the gaps, but not this year. :c

Not to mention there's no other shows to watch either. Next season of Sherlock doesn't come out till 2013. D:

Well, with Doctor Who getting increasingly popular in the US, it's only a matter of time before they build a no-holds-barred theme park called DOCTOR WHO AND THE EXTREME RIDES OF PERIL or somesuch, with a Tardis-based ride that throws you around as much as the Tardis is thrown around through the cloud-tunnel-thingy in the opening, rather than the Cardiff 'flying' of the Tardis, where you pull a few levers and feel some minor rumbling.

See also: the Harry Potter theme park in America versus the 'see where some stuff was filmed!' experience we've got going over here :p

Well, with Doctor Who getting increasingly popular in the US, it's only a matter of time before they build a no-holds-barred theme park called DOCTOR WHO AND THE EXTREME RIDES OF PERIL or somesuch, with a Tardis-based ride that throws you around as much as the Tardis is thrown around through the cloud-tunnel-thingy in the opening, rather than the Cardiff 'flying' of the Tardis, where you pull a few levers and feel some minor rumbling.

I don't normally post here since I'm not as much of a fanatic as my mom is but this needs to happen

See also: the Harry Potter theme park in America versus the 'see where some stuff was filmed!' experience we've got going over here :p

True, Danni, but thing is it was a ('an'? It sounds weird) Universal movie, so naturally...

But we need this Doctor Who theme park. Now.

I don't normally post here since I'm not as much of a fanatic as my mom is but this needs to happen

But we need this Doctor Who theme park. Now.

And this is why the Doctor Who experience is in Cardiff :p Because it's a museum with a small amount of simulated wacky adventure. It's absolutely brilliant, but because you don't get thrown around at any point and there's nothing that could ever be described as 'adrenaline-pumping', it'll never get an American equivalent without some serious investment and massive reworking.

Screw fancy themeparks. All I want is a TARDIS and then sit inside it and giggle while singing "I'm in a TARDIS!".

Actually if I ever go to the UK I will go into every telephone box I find and do that. What you must think of us American Whovians, giggling in phone boxes.

Screw fancy themeparks. All I want is a TARDIS and then sit inside it and giggle while singing "I'm in a TARDIS!".

Actually if I ever go to the UK I will go into every telephone box I find and do that. What you must think of us American Whovians, giggling in phone boxes.

Somehow I get the feeling that not only will I do this, but my best friends will as well.

And then we're probably going to go to Baker Street and geek out.

And then we'll go to Cardiff and geek out.

And then I'll find something historical and geek out.

And then... Well, you get the picture. I'm an insane Anglophile.

Back
Top Bottom