• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Does a God of ANY KIND exist?

True, I mean when we come down to it things like this
amazingretardedathiestvh5.jpg

are truly not much better than fundamentalism and certainly a lot worse than regular Christianity.

are truly not much better than fundamentalism and certainly a lot worse than regular Christianity.

the problem here is that fundamentalists vastly outnumber such people

Egh, I love how some theists will insist on portraying atheists as unreasonable jerks. There's some guy who lives down the street from me who has in his yard "free information" for you to take -- it's all cartoons espousing that sort of BS. "Atheists are mean and cruel, men used to ride on the backs of dinosaurs, and evolution is a fairytale -- so worship Jesus! Isn't that the natural conclusion one should draw from all this 'information'?"

Hey, I like TAA's videos. Sure, he's an asshole, but that's part of his charm. Hey, I'm fat and pretty hairy, so why not make some insulting comics about me? Because we all know someone's weight and amount of hair on their body is soooo very important.

As for the actual topic...

No, I don't believe in God. I'm an atheist. Yay. I like Richard Dawkins, I think Thunderf00t is awesome, and I suck at debating. D: There. *quietly slips out*

while we're on the topic of mspaint

yep.jpg

this is why I don't like religious people - because most of the ones who live near me are like THAT.

Hey, I like TAA's videos. Sure, he's an asshole, but that's part of his charm. Hey, I'm fat and pretty hairy, so why not make some insulting comics about me? Because we all know someone's weight and amount of hair on their body is soooo very important.

As for the actual topic...

No, I don't believe in God. I'm an atheist. Yay. I like Richard Dawkins, I think Thunderf00t is awesome, and I suck at debating. D: There. *quietly slips out*
It's not that he's fat and hairy, it's that he's an retarded, cunty piece of shit. That was the point of the comic.
And yeah if he can't even be bothered to look after his own damn body then he deserves to be mocked too.

So hey, has anyone besides me ever thought about the fact that religious belief seems to fit quite a few of the criteria for delusional disorder?

atheistimaginaryfriendpt2.gif

~also~

“Is god willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him god?”

Epicurus said this in 33 AD and I have yet to see someone put up a decent argument. Might one of you theists take a shot at it?

Last edited:
I used to believe in God. I used to pray every night to that son of a bitch to make my mother better (health-wise). I used to go to PSR (my Sunday school, that's on Tuesday). I used to go to church every Saturday/Sunday and even tried to pay attention to the priest.

I don't consider myself an atheist (maybe the right term is Infidel), but I no longer believe in God, apparently. I'll admit that a lot of my friends are atheist, but they hardly influenced my beliefs.

I just looked at things from another perspective and thought, "This doesn't make any sense. If there were a God, he must be evil and love to make us suffer. And if there isn't a God, than those assholes that "believe" in God, must make this shit up to get money and power."

If you can't tell by my excessive cussing, than this topic makes me angry. See, I hate to be lied to. To be deceived is the biggest insult you can give me. So if this whole religion thing is just a lie, and even if I believed in it only for a second, it really pisses me off.

Oh, and I have an issue that I was going to wait a couple years on*, but maybe you guys know how to handle it. My parents don't know I've stopped believing. I am scared shitless to tell them, because I don't know how they will react. I try to drop subtle hints in church. For example not praying, not singing, and not paying attention. I thought I would ask my mom one day if she'd rather have a daughter that didn't believe in God, or a daughter that was a lesbian (I'm definately not a lesbian). Whichever way she answered I'd have to tell her because I am not a homosexual, but I do hate something (that I think doesn't exist) with my whole being. So do any of you know how to handle this situation?

*I was going to wait until I was 18 and just stop going to church.

Last edited:
I say... sorta.

My idea of god is sort of like this force, the rather unexplainable energy that holds all our atoms together and makes us function, gives us the ability to think, etc.
It does not concern itself with, nor does it really have power over, what we do with those abilities that it powers.

My ideas about god are kinda a freakish hybrid of Hindu (with Brahman and whatnot) and whatever you'd call a 'science religion'. Not quite atheistic, but some essences of that.

And also, like as far as how we got here, I most definitely believe in the theory of evolution, but then how did those first little amoebas get here?

I don't think there is some sort of all powerful god like most religions think, cause then what would be the explanation for why so many horrible things happen?

Oh! Fun quote time!

"In the beginning there was nothing. God said, 'Let there be light!' And there was light.
There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better."

"Most people past college age are not atheists. It's too hard to be in society, for one thing, because you don't get any days off. And if you're an agnostic, you don't know whether you get them off or not."

Last edited:
And also, like as far as how we got here, I most definitely believe in the theory of evolution, but then how did those first little amoebas get here?

There are a few things wrong with this question. One, the theory of evolution has absolutely nothing to do with how life got started in the first place; the answer to that is a lot more controversial, but abiogenesis seems like a pretty viable answer (particularly in lieu of the Miller-Urey experiment et al). Two, amoebas are quite complex as far as life goes and were in no way the first (or anywhere near) lifeforms on Earth.

Back
Top Bottom