• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Does a God of ANY KIND exist?

Who can go out and look at all the suffering, all the war, starvation, drought, floods, tsunamis, tornadoes, earthquakes, deathly illnesses, parasites, and just plain badness of the world, and say that there's a god who loves us?
Um...I don't. :) Humans did that to themselves, and the gods don't interviene because IT'S THE HUMANS' FAULT.
let me repeat myself. you mean to say that humans caused drought, floods, tsunamis, tornadoes, earthquakes, deathly illnesses, and parasites?

Those are natural phenomena (sp?). Parasites and illnesses (which are viruses and/or bacteria) are finding their niches in bodies, and those other happen because of the geographic environment, weather conditions and techtonic plates. *nod*

What's your point? The question was, "why would a deity be such a dick as to let those sort of things happen" not, "what brought it on".

Oh, and say as much as you like about how wars are caused by humans, religious disagreement is the source for a hell of a lot of it.

What's your point? The question was, "why would a deity be such a dick as to let those sort of things happen" not, "what brought it on".

Perhaps a deity put them there for a reason we don't fully understand. ~~~

Oh, and say as much as you like about how wars are caused by humans, religious disagreement is the source for a hell of a lot of it.

...It's still caused by humans, isn't it?

Perhaps a deity put them there for a reason we don't fully understand. ~~~

Cop out arguments aren't fun. Why not just say "God moves in mysterious ways"; it's exactly the same and resolves nothing in an argument, other than that you don't have an answer and don't want to simply say, "I don't know".

...It's still caused by humans, isn't it?

And if it's in God's name then it's his job to put a stop to it.

For one thing, I don't believe in Christianity's God, so I won't say those things anyway. ^_^

And maybe they did! I'm not copping out, I'm saying what I think may be the reason.

And if it's in God's name then it's his job to put a stop to it.

Or perhaps they're waiting for the humans to go, "WAIT. This isn't what's supposed to happen! Duh!" *headpalm* It worked for the Vulcans anyway.

For one thing, I don't believe in Christianity's God, so I won't say those things anyway. ^_^

Irrelevant. That wasn't the point; it was an example of the cop out arguments people come up with so they can explain something they don't know the answer to.

And maybe they did! I'm not copping out, I'm saying what I think may be the reason.

... But it is effectively the "God moves in mysterious ways" argument, reworded. It doesn't prove a point, it's ambiguous, and it's simply a way of disguising ignorance.

Or perhaps they're waiting for the humans to go, "WAIT. This isn't what's supposed to happen! Duh!" *headpalm* It worked for the Vulcans anyway.

In the wake of years of death and destruction and a resulting hate for each other for many a decade like what's happened in the history of pretty much every country on the planet.

Yeah, those gods must be pretty damned patient.

I believe there are supernatural powers at work that humans, with their quite understandable unimaginativeness could never possibly imagine.

Sometimes I catch myself talking to whatever there is there... I have my own beliefs. I dunno, but I'd call my god 'Fate'. I suppose if I explained it to somebody else, they would think I had Christian aspects in my own... religion-sort of thing, but I don't think so.

The only gods are the ones you create for yourself, to be happy, and maybe that's the best way.

But yes, there is something there that pretty much 99.99999999999% of the world shall sadly never discover. And the remaining number will have revolutionary, wonderful ideas that we'll always keep to ourselves~

Any god sadistic enough to be amused by their creations dying does not deserve worship nor acknowledgement.

Tell that to the Aztecs. B-[

Edit: Because Cirrus is ninja:
That's pretty awesome. *nodnod*

Back
Top Bottom