• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Dragon Cave: The Wings of Freedom

Bek set the gray hatchling down and put a few peices of meat infront of it before grabbing a sandwich and biting into it, "So, any of you have an idea of what we should do?" she inquired after swallowing.

Last edited:
"First, get out of this forest." Taylor said, taking the sandwich out of his mouth. "Second, tell our parents about our mission." He swallowed the last part of his sandwich. "At least that's what I'm gonna do."

"I think it'd be best if we DIDN'T tell our parents...they'd probably keep us from going and that would complicate things." Bek replied slowly, taking another bite out of her sandwich.

Suddenly, a cute little burp can be heard... the culprit being the gray hatchling, Starlight, now lying on her back on the carpet. Beside her, the pile of seven pounds of meat had been reduced to scraps, a fraction of its original size. And the little dragon acted somewhat smug, though her tummy looked rather bloated. This was the first time she really had had anything but scraps.. where she could decide how much food she wanted.

"I'll still tell hem that I'm going away for some time." Taylor said to answer Bek, then turned to Starlight. "WHAT? You ate all the food? God, how are the other dragons supposed to survive?" Taylor said angrily. "Oh well, nothing to do about it now. At least you'll learn how to hunt yourself soon."

"Hopefully your parents aren't over protective as mine....honestly!" That last word was said exasperatedly(sp?) at the hatchling that had reduced the pile of food to almost nothing.

Everyone seemed to be staring at Starlght now, and all the attention seemed to make her somewhat giddy. She chirped happily and laid up on her side, lifting her head to look back at the humans. Her tummy hurt a little bit, but she didn't connect that fact with something she might have done wrong.

Siluna cast the other gray dragon a shy glance. She herself wasn't a very big eater. Already she'd eaten the meat "her" human had provided, and was content with her fill. Really she was wondering to herself if this other dragon could be a new friend. Or perhaps she would be a rival instead... Only time would tell. For now, she curled up beside the human who had accepted her and closed her yellow eyes.

Taylor yawned. "I think we should rest for the night." He put the remaining sandwiches in his bag and took up the black and white egg he had gotten from Fir and Hvitt, looked at it, then put it back again. "Do you guys have somewhere to put your eggs, so that they will keep warm?" He started to gather leaves for his "bed" and put them near a trunk.

Starlight had already found a nice spot to rest on the carpet, and now that she was full, it didn't take long... She soon closed her eyes and fell asleep, curled up with her tailtip lying flat underneath her head.

Bek softly stoked the gray hatchling before wrapping herself in one blanket and her bag (with the egg inside it) in another blanket.

Fimagi spotted one of the humans putting the rest of their prey in an odd thing she had never seen before, with a hole in the top. There, she thought. That's where I'll have to go. Her eyes gleamed in the moonlight.

((I'll be gone for a week.))

Taylor laid down to sleep. "Time to sleep guys and gals." He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Chedee dug a small hole and put her egg inside it so that half of it was sticking up above the ground. She covered the exposed part with leaves before falling asleep on the carpet. She was cold, but it was better than nothing...

The next morning, Starlight awakened with the sunrise. She saw the others asleep nearby. The gray dragon stood up and nudged Taylor's leg with her muzzle, giving a soft, shrilly chirp. Time to get up.. she thought.

(@Kali: That's just not fair. You pretend like Fimagi is just going to sit there now that everyone is asleep, when in reality you should still be sleeping to give me time to move)

Fimagi looked around. It seemed everyone was asleep, so she crept silently throughout their sleeping forms to the bag where she had witnessed the food being placed. After tinkering with the zipper for a few minutes, she opened it, and found the food. She crept inside and started feasting like she hadn't in her whole life.

Back
Top Bottom