• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dragon vs. blazheirio889

1 vs 1 single
DQ Time: 5 days
Damage Cap: 99%.
Banned moves: OHKOs, Earthquake, anything that might even partially destroy the arena, direct healing, 5 chills/Pokemon

Round 4

Dragon (O)
Currently out: Haneul
Shinx
Female Shinx
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 85%
Energy: 57%
Condition: Once again, eager to move around freely.
Commands: Magnet Rise ~ Signal Beam/Thunderbolt/Crunch ~ Signal Beam/Thunderbolt/Crunch

Haneul's Substitute
Health: 2%

blazheirio889 (O)
Currently out: Phalanx
Lileep
Male Lileep
Ability: Suction Cups
Health: 78%
Energy: 43%
Status: Defense 1+. Speed 1-. Special Defense 2+. Stockpiled 20% energy (Defense 1+, Special Defense 1+). Recover forgotten and thus rendered unusable. Paralyzed (Severe). Poisoned (Badly; 1% this round, 2% next). Ingrain activated.
Condition: Forcefully staring at the ceiling.
Commands: Barrier/Chill ~ Acid/Barrier/Chill ~ Confuse Ray/Stelath Rock/Chill

Arena: Evolution Stone Cave
Our battle today takes place in the most sparkly, shiny, impossible place ever; the Evolution Stone Cave. The cave is pretty big, with enough space to comfortably fit a Wailord, and with a ring of deep water surrounding the arena. No Wailords are allowed, however. The thing that gets everyone about here though, is the millions and billions of bits of shiny evolution stones embedded in the ground, ceiling and walls. Though these bits are pretty small, if you took a piece out it wouldn't count as an evolution stone so don't try that. Also scattered around the cave are gems, all shining and glittering in some unknown source of light.

The pure power of the evolution stones is pretty concentrated here. Every round, the Pokemon have a 95% chance of changing types; from whatever type they are to either Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Rock, Dark, Ice, Psychic or Ghost. All abilities of the Pokemon remain the same, ghosts can still phase or turn invisible, Flying types can still fly. All effects dispell after the end of the round.
Arena status: Unchanged.

-----​

As it slowly grew predictable, both Pokémon stared at the ceiling, expecting it to flare up. As it did. However, this time, it seemed much brighter than the other times. It unanimously shone in a deep blue color, then invaded the battlers’ bodies in the shape of beams. As the show ended, both Haneul and Phalanx looked very different from before, bearing several fins.

The Shinx took action first, as usual. With a downward swing of her tail, now vaguely like a mermaid’s, she summoned electric-type powers and used them to alter her magnetic proprieties, until she gained some degree of repulsion for the ground, causing her to levitate a bit. Further screwing around increased the distance between her and the floor. The Substitute, of course, followed suit.

Easily catching the meaning of his opponent’s determined, almost murderous gaze, the Lileep drew psychic-type power from his essence, focusing it right in front of him. It solidified in a rectangular shape, forming a barrier.

By then, Haneul had already finished figuring her next move, taking notice of what type her foe obviously became. With a leap, she summoned her now hidden electric-type powers, as sparks crackled from her skin. As she started to land on her “ground”, slightly above the actual ground, she shot a ball of charge from her mouth. The attack completely ignored the Barrier put up previously, and just quickly spread around the target’s body, now much more capable of conducting electricity. Part of the shock was either ignored or incapable of passing through the mass of stockpiled energy, but it still hurt.

Taking such a blow made the Lileep more inclined to fight back. He couldn’t fall behind like that. First thing in order was to crush that Substitute. He made some acid out of his body fluids, spitting toward the floating opponent. It hit square, and while it didn’t look like it made an impact, it shattered the cracked life force shell.

However, the real Shinx behind remained active. Enough to follow the same procedures as just before, attacking with one more Thunderbolt.

Knowing that he couldn’t put up with these attacks much longer, the sea lily was eager to pull the next move. His yellow eyes started to become bright. Very bright. The lion cub looked straight at these eyes, and flinched for a second. Then, as she opened her eyes, colorful lights flashed around her at high speeds. She focused, trying to jump at one of them… But they moved so fast, she couldn’t do much more than stand around, waiting for a lucky break.

At that moment, all fins started to disappear, allowing the fur and the skeleton to be where they belong.

Round 4 – End

Dragon (O)
Currently out: Haneul
Shinx
Female Shinx
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 85%
Energy: 23%
Status: Confused (Severe). Magnet Rise activated (10 more actions).
Condition: Having a hard time attacking them pretty lights.

blazheirio889 (O)
Currently out: Phalanx
Lileep
Male Lileep
Ability: Suction Cups
Health: 61%
Energy: 33%
Status: Defense 3+. Speed 1-. Special Defense 2+. Stockpiled 20% energy (Defense 1+, Special Defense 1+). Recover forgotten and thus rendered unusable. Paralyzed (Moderate). Poisoned (Badly; 2% this round, 3% next). Ingrain activated.
Condition: Enjoying a feeling of relative safety. While staring at the ceiling.​

Arena status: Unchanged.

Additional notes:
- This round, both Pokémon became Water-type.
- I had a bit of a hard time finding breaks to include Ingrain’s effects in the text. So, just writing this to say I didn’t forget about it.
- blazheirio889 attacks first next round.

Fff, more bad typings. I think the cave hates me. Phalanx, maybe if you stopped staring at the ceiling, it'd be nicer to us :<

Well, looks like Haneul's starting to run out of energy. So, let's make Giga Drain (energy) be your default command on all actions. Now, there isn't much that he can to do weasel out of those things, except the nasty Substitute. If he does raise one, use Stealth Rock, Barrier, and Swords Dance, in that order. Use those commands as well, if he Protects. If at any time Haneul has clones, use Natural Gift instead.

Giga Drain (energy)/Stealth Rock/Natural Gift ~ Giga Drain (energy)/Barrier/Natural Gift ~ Giga Drain (energy)/Swords Dance/Natural Gift

...and once again I have the creeping feeling I've forgotten something very important...

I didn't do this before because of her post in the Absence Sheet, but this battle is two days away from being inactive for two months. I suppose I ought to DQ her.

blazheirio889 gets $8, and I get $5.

You should always give a warning before disqualification.

Edit: I know it's not likely to make a difference in this case, but it's just common courtesy.

Oh, yeah, that's true. 1 point of experience for each.

Also, Negrek, I am aware of DQ warnings, I just figure not many people would remember to do it in this situation, which was my case.

Well, I know you know of DQ warnings; I'm just saying that they're not really optional. If you forget about a battle for a really long time and someone should be disqualified, you give them a warning first. If you forget to give a warning, just suspend the DQ for another day and make the last post a warning--it's no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom