• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dragon World: Souls of Destiny

"Well, you can pile what you can into my car and I'll drive it there. Someone would have to go with me though....you know, to watch the bags and help me unload them all." She smiled, glancing toward Ken. "I'll let the person who helps me take her for a spin, so long as they A-don't damage my car, B-have a license, and C-are at least sixteen. Which rules out most of you by the looks of it."

There were a few protests and small arguments about who was going to go with her and drive the car.

"Wait a minute, this method isn't going to work." Hanabi replied. How am I going to do this? "Okay, whoever wants to risk getting caught by the police can come with me. Do I have any takers?"

Most of the group retreated, turned off by the prospect of getting caught and arrested. Only a few remained in front of Hanabi, some of which included Ken and Tai.

"Alright then, there's only a few of you left. Tai, you don't even have your permit yet do you?" Hanabi smirked while Tai looked sheepishly at her.

"Actually, I do have it."

"I said license Tai, not permit." Hanabi ruffled his hair. "Sorry hun."

"Now I suppose the question now is do I trust any of the--" She paused, noticing that Ken was the only one left in the group. "Looks like your the million dollar winner babe." She smiled over at him and tossed him the keys. "Why don't you go start her up?" Smiling, Hanabi loaded the rest of the bags into the trunk and small back seat of her car. One everything was loaded, she climbed into the car next to him. "What do you think of her?"

"She's nice. One question though, how can you afford a car like this?" He asked.

Hanabi turned to him and flashed him another smile. "I'm a street racer. Number one on the blacklist*."

----------------------------

* For those of you who have played Need for Speed: Most Wanted, you know what this is. For those who haven't, the blacklist is a list of street racers for a particular city that says how good of a racer you are. Hanabi being number one means she's the best street racer in the city. Sorry this post is slightly long....I was having fun..... By the way, I decided to change my alliance after I got a plotbunny. I decided to be yang at first but eventually go over to yin after a certain event.... Tai-chan, I'll email you the idea later on....

Last edited:
((Meh, quit calling me Tai-chan...and character control is getting out of hand..only do it if someone asks or if it's seriously needed. If not, then please don't character control. I've got permission, so I can.))

"Never said I didn't have my license," Tai grumbled, watching Ken happily bounce over to the car.

"Jealous much?" Evan asked, seemingly coming out of nowhere. Tai scowled.

"No," he said simply, crossing his arms. A tap from behind made him jump. He turned around and it was Cisele, the redheaded girl with pigtails.

"Kinda jumpy, are you?" she giggled, smiling brightly. Tai's face went slightly pink.

"No, you just came out of nowhere...and you are...?"

"Cisele Lee," came the girl's reply. "You?"

"Tai Ayoto. Nice to meet you."

"Yeah, same to you," replied Cisele as she flounced away. Evan could only chuckle.

"Hmm, I'd say you're one for two," he said, elbowing Tai in the side. Tai made no reply; he was entranced by Cisele.

"Uh, dude, you ok?" Evan asked, snapping his fingers in Tai's face.

"Huh, what?" came the boy's reply. Evan laughed, shrugging.

"Nothing, dude. Nothing."

The boys looked up as Ken came walking towards them.

"Hey, guys, wanna watch me start up the car?" he said, with the biggest grin on his face as possible. Tai and Evan made envious faces, trying not to glare at him. They shook their heads in unison, not wanting for Ken to notice the envy in their voices.

"No? Your loss, then," Ken said with a shrug. Suddenly, the car belonging to Hanabi exploded without reason. Luckily, no one was near it when it went. Tai and Evan immediately stood up, shocked. They looked over at the car to see the cause of the explosion. They soon regretted doing so. There were blue wolf-like creatures larger than a bus standing near the now destroyed car. They were growling fiercely, and saliva dripped out of their mouths. Their eyes scanned the shocked group of teenagers with extreme bloodlust.

"Wh-what the hell are those things?! Tai exclaimed, backing up.

Last edited:
Ina stared, trying not to gasp or scream, (It would be really corny. Which she hated.) She looked at the DS in her hand. Instead of the game, it was a thick, blue and black book with a glowing rip on the cover. She stared at it.
"Guys..? Look at this!"
She opened the huge, dusty book to a random page and looked at what was written inside. It didn't look anything like English words. She whispered the words inside, with no idea how to pronounce it. Suddenly, a bolt of lightening zapped the ground ten feet in front of the girl. It was sunny out.
"Holy crap..."

Kilik looked at the beast emerging from the random explosion. "Wha-!?"

He gasped. Kilik stepped backwards a couple steps and fell behind him. Instinctively, he put his arms in front of his face.

Okay, whatever this thing is, what weapons do I have? Let's see... I'm a vampire, but I haven't actually mastered my abilities. It's best not to let anybody know about that... I feel cold all of a sudden...

((Nice, I like that. Kinda like Zatch Bell, huh? XD))

Tai and Evan stared at Ina, mouths wide open. The thunderbolt had seemed to frighten the wolf-like creatures, but for only a split second. They were snapped out of their reverie by the sound of shooting guns. Tai looked over to see the once-occupied policemen shooting at the wolf-creatures. The creatures simply roared as the bullets ricocheted off of their fur. The four creatures began to kill the policemen, one by one.

"Wait! Stop!" Tai said, running forward.

"Tai! Hey, what are you doing, dude?!" Evan shouted frantically after him. "We gotta get outta here!"

Ina looked again at the book. She focused on the wolf monsters and flipped to a different page and screamed what was written there. A huge gust of wind howled, blowing hail around, and then jagged chunks of ice almost the size of TVs smashed into the monsters. She yelled it again, dropping more ice at them.
Wow.... am I dreaming? Too much Tactics A2?

((Love that games. <3 Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. Long name. =P))

((You're doing good, but remember, you're just a beginner and they're elite monsters of a different world. I doubt we'll take them all out in one go; it's better to retreat for now.))

The creatures were thrown back by Ina's spells, but to no avail. The creatures simply shook them off and started to growl fiercely, preparing to attack.

"Uh-oh, this doesn't look good," Evan muttered to himself. "Tai! Pull back, there's no way we can beat them now!"

Tai sighed heavily, then turned around as quick as possible, running like all get-out. But in mid-run he tripped and fell flat on his face.

Ouch! Damn, this is bad..., he thought frantically. Those things don't look like they're gonna let up anytime soon...even with Ina doing...whatever she's doing, it's going to be impossible to win this!

He looked up to see Cisele extending a hand toward him. He smiled and took it, grateful.

"Thanks," he said.

"No time, we gotta move!" Cisele replied, pulling him forward. Tai looked back for a split second to see the creatures' mouths open. A large fireball was building up in its jaws.

Oh...shit!

Slightly dizzy, Ina closed the book and backed away.
"Crap. We are in so much... This would be a great time to run like the wind."
She said the first word from the book again and zapped the wolf-creature that was about to breathe fire. It probably wouldn't help, but Ina could smell gas from the bus. She back further away.
"Don't let him hit the bus, or else... boom. Crap."

He ducked as the car exploded. Ken couldn’t believe what’s gong on. “What the heck are those!” he yelled as he backed up a bit. He was standing next to Hanabi wondering of what to do about those monsters. The bus started leaking fuel from the crash earlier.
Ken smelt it but didn’t think about it to much. He looked at the fireball and his mouth dropped, then he looked at hanabi and said, “ I think its time to run now.”

Just as she had nearly returned to the car, Jessica screamed. Something had just appeared by the car, and it was big. Really... big. And mean looking. And there were several of them! The creatures looked like some sort of giant wolves. This is just not right... what the heck are those things! she thinks, as she began to run back toward the wrecked bus. She hears an explosion just as soon as she starts running, and it knocks her forward and onto the ground. "Help!" she yelps.

"You think?" Hanabi said as she turned to run.

Tai watched the gas trickle down to meet with the gas from the car.

Mixed gas...plus the fireball...this can't be good at all., he thought, tightening up.

"Ow, you've still got my hand, you know," said Cisele, wincing slightly. Tai blushed.

"Sorry," he said, then shook his head. No! Can't think about that now, we're in danger!

Silas looked back at the creatures and would have paled if he wasn't already so pasty. He began to run, following the others.

((Ok, this is it, we're going to D. World. For those who haven't posted, you're following us in.))

Running was awfully difficult with someone else holding your hand. Tai and Cisele tripped over their own feet, landing roughly on the asphalt.

I'm...not gonna make it..., thought Tai grimly as the creatures unleashed their fireballs. So this is how it ends, huh? On the way to camp. This is the worst vacation ever...

Tai looked down, accepting his doom. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Evan standing over him. Time seemed to slow and nearly stop as the flames hit the gas, creating a massive explosion. Tai closed his eyes for his death...that never came....

Tai awoke in the middle of a grassy field, still holding Cisele's hand.

What...happened...? Is this...heaven?

Cisele's eyes fluttered open, blinking a few times to adjust to the light. She felt something warm encasing her hand and sat up slowly, rubbing her head. "What....happened...?"

The redhead glanced about at her surroundings and her jaw dropped. Everything was green and alive, thick grass carpeting the entire area. The wreckage from before was gone. And so was the road.

And so was civilization.

And quite possibly,so was her sanity.

Cisele rubbed her eyes once or twice and looked down to her side. Tai was beside her, still unconcious and still holding her left hand in a death grip. She grumbled and carefully started to wrench her fingers away from his when suddenly something occured to her. "Oh my god--Evan!"

The memories from before hit her in a flash; that of the boy jumping in front of the flame, the darkness and...something else. Something darker--a voice, something ricocheting through her subconscious like a bouncy ball. Cisele groaned, rubbing her head, "So many questions, ugh...."

She looked up suddenly, seeing a shadow fall over her figure, "Oh! You're okay..."

The "Evan" that she was talking to was not Evan anymore. The boy standing above them was now clad in a black hooded outfit, and was looking towards the sky with the most distant expression ever.

"Hm? Talking..to me?" the boy asked, raising an eyebrow. "Um...who are you, anyway?"

Tai's head was swimming as he watched this. He opened his mouth to speak, but all that came out of his mouth was an incoherent mess with a couple of hisses. The boy was taken aback. He replied in the same tongue Tai had spoken in. Tai had no idea what he was saying, but he understood the boy perfectly.

"You...speak the ancient language?" he asked, amazed.

Tai shook his head. "What ancient language?" he replied in English. "Where the hell are we and what's going on?"

Last edited:
He sighed. "I hate speaking such a common tongue." The choppy language from before switched smoothly into English, without even a hitch. "Welcome to Dragon World."

"...Dragon what?" Cisele asked, her eyes wide.

The former-Evan-or-whoever glanced over at Cisele once more, his brow furrowed. Again, he switched languages, crouching down in front of her. "Hmm...you look so much like..."

He reached out, the cool skin of his fingers brushing Cisele's cheeks. However, instead of a sweet shy reaction like he expected, the boy recieved quite the opposite.

A resounding THWACK echoed through the clearing, and the former-Evan quickly realized he had been punched in the face. He sailed back a few feet, skidding through and ripping through several flowers, leaving a trail of red dust in the air. "...ow."

"What the hell is your problem?! Who are you? More importantly WHERE THE HECK ARE WE?!"

Tai looked at Cisele in shock as she decked the former Evan. He stood, wincing.

"I told you, we're in Dragon World," he said, muttering about a nice left hook. "As for who I am, I'm Sagoda Archaizu, at your service."

"And mind telling us why we're here?" Tai added, adrenaline beginning to rush.

"As for that, you'll find out later. When you meet the Mistress."

Jessica sat up, looking around. She half expected one of those giant wolves to be up on her, about to maul her to death, and she half expected to be waking up from a really weird dream. The reality was neither. She noticed a strange looking boy nearby, dressed in a black hooded robe, and talking with a couple of the other camp kids. "What's going on?" she asked as she stood up and walked toward them. "What happened to those wolves... and to the bus... or to us?"

Silas sat up, blinking slowly. "Wha...?" he muttered. His head was throbbing, it felt like someone had stuffed him full of cotton. He sat up and noticed that the world around had changed completely. "Wait, where are we??" he asked. Instinctively, his hands went to his belongings, which he clutched to himself.

((How does the Yin/Yang thing work? Will the Yin people split from the Yang group? Are they in different places?))

Kilik slowly stood up after awakening. He rubbed his head in exhaustion.

Okay... I've now seen giant monsters, vampires, and perhaps even teleportation... That's waaaaay too much excitement for me...

Kilik folded his arms on his chest and waited for someone to explain everything.

Back
Top Bottom