• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dragon World: Souls of Destiny

Ina looked up. Ken was staring at her. She said awkwardly,
"Um.. hello? Sorry about hitting you on the head with a book, and all that. I get kinda mad sometimes.."
What in the name of pie do you say to somebody after something like this?! He probably wants to murder me now. I knocked him out, for crying out loud! it was actually pretty funny, before the wolf monsters came..

Last edited:
Tai sighed.

"No idea," he said, shrugging. He nodded towards Sagoda. "Maybe he knows something. I mean, he was the one who...understood me, I guess..., but hey, that's what's what."

“….Forget it” he growled at her. And he turned away and walked over to other people seeing their weapons. Why would we get these items, who do we have to fight? He thought s he circled around and ended back at Tai. “Can’t hurt to ask him.” Ken said.

((Alright, time for a change. No more one-liners. Posts need to further the plot or at least contribute to it in some way. C'mon, I don't wanna get mean, just help me out with this thing...))

"Hey, you," Tai called to Sagoda. "Wanna tell us what's going on here? Why's everyone got their weapons and things but not us?"

"Well, I actually have no idea," he replied with a shrug. Tai frowned, thinking hard.

This is weird...maybe we weren't supposed to get our powers until later or something...

((I'm going to be away until about Aug. 15, and will probably not have access to a computer until I come back. D= So, if Tai-niichan could control her for a while until I get back..))

((*excellent idea pops into Tai-niichan's head*))

As Tai sat there pondering his and Ken's "predicament", there was a roar from behind. Tai's head snapped back to see more of those wolf-like creatures behind them. The only problem was 1) They looked a lot more fierce, 2)they were black and red, and 3)they were accompanied by a not-so-friendly looking red-headed boy who all seemed to be heading their way.

Sagoda had noticed the roar as well. He scowled fiercely in the direction of the oncoming monsters.

"Oh, jeez," he mumbled. He looked shaken but not too concerned about the unwelcome visiors. "What do you want?" Sagoda said, his voice full of contempt.

"Oh, Sagoda, my old friend," the boy said, smiling sinisterly. "You already know what I'm here for."

Meanwhile, everyone had trouble understanding what the two were saying, due to the fact that they were speaking in the ancient language that Tai was speaking in a few minutes ago. Therefore, no one could understand what was happening except for Tai.

"Hey!" Tai shouted as he got to his feet, addressing the two. "Mind telling me what we're doing here and why? Plus, what's with the weapons and things, and why do me and Ken have none?"

The boy looked at Tai with utmost disgust. He raised a hand and started muttering what sounded like a spell. Sagoda's eyes widened, but before he could counter the curse, two small explosions detonated in front of Tai. When the smoke cleared, Tai was no longer there. Sagoda looked up to see Tai in free-fall in the air, panicking.

"Wh-what the-?!" he shouted, landing hard on the ground.

There's no way he could have jumped that high, Sagoda thought intently. He can't be human...

Ken ran towards Tai, “Dude, you ok? Man that was some jump..” he said then he quickly looked back at the red-headed boy and yelled. “Hey, I may not know what the hell you’re saying but you better leave before I get a hold of you!” …Hehe..I hope he doesn’t call my bluff, since I don’t have anything to fight him will and what’s with those explosions.. Ken thought as he glared at the boy.

Tai groaned as he got to his feet.

"I seem to be...okay," he said, surprised. As he seemed to read Ken's mind, he continued. "I don't know how, but it looks like we're gonna have to fight these things, even if we have no weapons. I think I might be able to use the gravity to my advantage. If I can jump high, then I might be able to take down at least that guy."

(I was just thinking about how this might help your little 'no weapons' thing. Sorry for not posting much; my computers been down for a long time. If someone needs me to do soemthing and I'm not on I give Tai-niichan control of Rika. I'll be on to post as soon as I can.)

Rika looked around and watched as Tai jumped.
Wow, I didn't know he could jump like that. That was..
"Amazing." She said finished her sentence aloud. Walking, more or less powerwalking, she went over to where Ken and Tai stood. Rearranging the bow and arrows on her back she looked towards Tai.
"What's their deal?" she whispered to no one in particular. She knew she didn't like the wolf creatures much at all, they looked so similar to the ones that she'd seen before they ended up here. Again she readyed the bow and arrow, moving them to a place where she could easily reach around and shoot them quickly if she had to. While she didn't really know Ken and Tai she wasn't about to let this guy and his wolves get the better of them.

Nanee gaped silently as Tai leapt into the air and crashed back down. A lot of the others seemed to have powers and abilities as well. Maybe she did too. She held out the pole just in case anything backfired and she would need to rely on brute force. She jumped a bit, but didn't go any higher than normal.

Figures. We all have our own powers that work in their own way. God... What bad timing. she thought to herself, cursing under her breath. Though she was used to fighting, her body was still fairly scrawny and probably wouldn't be strong enough to do real damage to the wolves. If only she were faster and stronger, like one of the wolves or like a tiger. Nanee's body suddenly felt cold and stiff for a moment. The next thing she knew, she'd transformed into a sabertooth tiger... of sorts. She still had fingers on her front paws and still had a human's eyes, as well as no tail. Her fur was also much thiner. Changing... Was that her power?
"S- so... are we going to kill the wolves or should we go for the boy?" Nanee asked no one in particular.

"I don't know how, but it looks like we're gonna have to fight these things..."

Jessica had screamed when she saw the wolves, reminding her of the creatures that had attacked them right before they appeared here. But that last statement from Tai made her absolutely sick to her stomach. "We... have to fight... those monsters?" She looked at the approaching wolves, then at the scepter in her hands. Jessica then remembered what she saw when the mist had started to seep from her scepter... her hand actually seemed to change. She gulped. "Well, here goes nothing..."

Jessica focused on her scepter again, flowing her energy into it as best as she could, and once again, the strange mist started to seep out of the end of her scepter. The mist began to surround her and, shrouded within it, she could feel her whole body changing.

"Wow... what's happening..."

(I hope it's all right if Jess discovers her dragon hybrid form now.. I didn't know what else to do really. She would be even stronger in her full dragon form, but I'll describe this one in my next post)

(It's a little too early to go full-drag right now...even half would be kinda unfair. What would make sense is if Jess would use an elemental attack. I have a good idea, but nobody can mess with it for now. Also, I will assign certain people to lead the group of Yins that will inadvertently (sp?) be captured. Whoops, leaked a bit of the plot....I can't control everyone at once, so if you're a Yin, and you aren't here, it looks like you're about as useless as a goldfish. :P)

"Go for the boy," Tai replied. "Though he's a little bit stronger, there's no possible way we can take those wolves down."

Rika nodded, nocking an arrow.

"No," came a voice. Tai and Rika both looked up at the source. Sagoda stood there, a determined look in his eyes. "I want that kid, Aoryu."

Tai nodded. "Looks like we're going after the wolves," he said with a cringe. "No matter how much I really don't want to..."

Tai got to his feet, dusted himself off, and clenched his fists. To his surprise, blue flames erupted from his fist, covering them in a blaze. But they did not burn his skin.

"Looks like I have a weapon after all."

Rika sighed.
"I don't like the odds of a battle with wolves but I suppose if we have to..." Her voice trailed off as she pulled out her bow and readyed about 5 arrows. Looking over to Tai she half whispered,
"Whenever your ready give me word and I'll shoot as a distraction."
'I have the feeling, though, that this isn't going to turn out in my favor.' she thought quietly as she awaited Tai's orders

((looks like im back for now but if anyone needs to control me they have permission. ))

Kilik looked around, confused at all the events taking place. I'm so tired of this stuff.

"Well, I guess it's time to rumble. I may have to go vampire a bit more quickly than I thought..." Kilik's voice faded off and his figure started to change. His build became a bit more muscular, his skin became pale, and his canine teeth grew until they were quite visible on his lip. Everything also started to turn very cold.

"Geez, is it cold, guys?" Kilik shuddered. A thin sheet of ice developed over Kilik, and soon, little thorns of ice started to form on his katana.

"That's new..." Kilik thought aloud.

(*huff* *pant* I'm alive! XD Nii-chan, thanks soooooooo much for bringing Shirou-chan in, now I can finally get in on the action XD! Ohhh~before I forget, I have written Sagoda before, and since we've been sort of sharing him for months, I'm gonna write him. :3 If nii-chan doesn't want me to, I won't.)

Sagoda clenched his fists together, his teeth gritted, "Kawaru..."

The redheaded boy smirked, folding his arms. "Oh, what, we're going by last names now? As your best friend, I'm hurt."

"Cut the crap, Shirou!" the boy growled, "You betrayed me, and now I'm going to kill you!"

"I'd like to see you try." the redhead's smirk grew, baring a pair of glistening white fangs. "Now then." He extended one slender hand and snapped his fingers. The two wolves that the group had been fighting suddenly lunged forwards, aiming to take out the group of people all at once.

Sagoda let out a curse in English, then disappeared, yelling "PROTEGA ULTIMA!". The wolves bounced harmlessly off of the translucent blue shield he had created in front of them. He turned to the group, clear eyes flashing over them and counting. Suddenly, Sagoda let out a strangled gasp, turning to the side. Sure enough, Tai, Cisele, and Ken were still on the outside of the shield, looking a bit shell shocked.

He muttered another curse, looking from side to side. Leave the shield, the wolves kill the group. Leave the trio, and Shirou kills all three of them. Sagoda looked from left to right, mind working as fast as possible for a quick answer and finding none. "Shit."

Shirou smirked once more at Sagoda, then disappeared in a flash of dark red. Within moments he was behind Cisele, his hands on her shoulders. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the reincarnation of my favorite plaything."

Cisele let out a strangled gasp as she felt something warm against her neck. "Another minute, love, and you'll be freed from this body, hmm? Back to serving me, your master"

Something about the sneer in Shirou's voice sent a shiver up Cisele's spine. She threw back an elbow, trying to lash out at the redhead with her tonfa, but to no avail, as he simply blocked the edges with his forearm. "Now now, the more you fight, the more this is going to hurt..."

Cisele's eyes went saucer-wide as his fangs sunk into her neck.

--

(D: Boy, rp-ing like this is HARD for me! Nii-chan or Ken, you should write something next, nyo~<3)

((O.o...so I'm guessing his name is Aoryu Shirou Kawaru? You were taking too long, so I named him Aoryu XD))

"Like hell!" Tai swore, swinging his flaming fist into the distracted vampire. It caught Aoryu on the chin, causing him to recoil. The punch wasn't much, but the flames had done some damage. Aoryu swore angrily as he put out the flames. Tai's attack had left a nice little mark on his chin.

"Now that's how you fucking do it!" he said, grinning smugly. "Want another one?"

"You...little...BRAT!" Aoryu raged, reaching out to clutch Tai's throat. Tai jumped back out of his range, but was caught off guard by a plant restricting any movement, including escape.

"Damn! I can't move!"

"Firaga!" came the casting spell from behind Aoryu. The vampire leaped out of the way as the fireball incinerated the area where he once stood.

"Dude-! I mean, Sagoda! Hey! Thanks for that, but we need to escape! Got any spells or something to get us out of here?!" Tai called, trying to burn off the plant.

"I do! But you have to follow a plan I have!" Sagoda replied, trying to keep the wolves at bay. The spell was wearing off, and time was running out. If something was to happen, it needed to happen now, or someone was going to get killed.

(Ugh, I guess I'll use your name. I like mine better though. XP)

"What the hell kind of plan and what about her?!"

Sagoda looked to the side and noticed that Cisele had sunk to her knees, her hand at her neck. He let out a strangled curse and hissed, "Too late..."

Aoryu let out a sinister laugh, folding his arms and smirking at Sagoda, his cape billowing ominiously in the wind. "You've got problems now. I don't really care to fight you. That was the first snack I've had in weeks. Good blood is tight around here now that the Yin side has taken over."

He snapped his fingers, and both wolves fell to the ground, unconcious. "They should wake up in about an hour, twice as nasty. Like cockroaches." Aoryu turned to Sagoda, then tossed him something, "As a fellow bloodsucker, you know what that's for. I do not wish for my new plaything to die."

"Bastard..." Sagoda gritted his teeth as he caught the small glass vial that sailed through the air, "I'll kill you."

"Oh? Such empty threats. You always were all bark and no bite. And besides...don't you want to see your precious mother again?" he replied mockingly, casually strolling over towards the larger half of the group and surveying them.

Last edited:
"We're not finished here!" came Tai's voice from behind. he had broken free from his restraints and was now charging Aoryu, full speed, fist ready to strike.

Aoryu dodged the first few blows, keeping his distance as to not get hurt by the fire blazing on Tai's fists.

"I'm...gonna...make...you...pay!" Tai said between swings.

(All right, I worked out with Tai how this can work. ^^ He's gonna let me finish a partial transformation... I only get a small sample of my later powers, not that I'd know much of how to use them...)

Jessica could feel something strange was going on. Her skin felt like it was burning. Her tail began to wave around. Wait, tail? Yet something told her to be calm... that this was somehow natural. She closed her eyes, letting herself drift into this new consciousness. Meanwhile, one of the wolves approached her, drawn in by the glow of the silvery mist surrounding her.

Then Jessica opened her eyes again. For the very first time. And one thing was clear.

The wolf was her enemy.

"Leave... Us... Alone!" Jessica growled, sending a small ball of energy flying toward the wolf. The energy seemed to explode in the wolf's face, and a loud roar could be heard. At the end of the attack, one of them was standing and one wasn't. But the one who fell wasn't the wolf...

Jessica moaned as she collapsed to the ground. Her body felt drained, overexerted... The mist returned to its capsule at the end of the scepter, and all that was left was a weak little girl, laying helplessly on the ground. And the wolf hadn't even placed a claw on her...

Nanee gaped at Jessica's strength, but was even more surprised at the unscathed wolf. She grasped the staff between her long teeth and swung it at the wolf, though she was easily dodged and knocked to the ground.
"C-crap..." she muttered in frustration. She'd reverted back to a human almost immediately. Nanee clenched her weapon and stood up again. If she could trigger the change again... just one part, maybe that would help. Maybe that would be enough.

She tried picturing herself with strong, muscular legs and could feel a bitter cold stinging them. Almost instantly, she had the legs of a kangaroo and was momentarily distracted by how odd it looked and how tired she felt. However, the wolf didn't wait for her to attack and bit deeply into her leg. Nanee screamed in pain and without thinking, swung the staff at it. This time, the wolf was struck and lost conciousness instantly. Nanee panted and limped over to Jessica, becoming fully human again. All of that effort and only one wolf had been taken down.
"Are you... huff... all right?" she asked Jessica wearily.

Back
Top Bottom