• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dragon World: Souls of Destiny

((BET YOU DIDN'T THINK I'D BE POSTING AGAIN, EH?! Been having an unfortunate case of writer's block lately, and just look at what happened.))

How convenient that this stuff fits me perfectly. Though the shade was only hanging on his back at the moment, the gauntlets and boots fit Kessian quite well. Though it appeared that, in his absence (lolz), whatever the others had been up to was already over. Bodies of wolf-like creatures reminiscent of the ones they had previously encountered in the other world were littered around. Further ahead, his own group didn't appear to be doing too well either. Many of them were lying around injured or unconscious, but he also noticed that all of them appeared to have changed in some way, just like he had. Those that were conscious all seemed to have their attention at the same place, ahead at...

"Whoa, who's that?" was the best comment Kessian could say about the woman in front of him. Everything about her just screamed "evil"; the hair, the clothes, and of course those wings. Yet something about her was familiar. Wasn't she one of those kids that rode in the bus? Jeez, no one else had such a dramatic change. There was one boy at the head of the little group - he appeared to be the most shocked of them all - and next to him was that man in the cloak. I think it's time for some answers, thought Kessian as he walked up to the stranger and said quite plainly, "Okay, what the hell is going on here? Why have we - normal teenage kids, for crying out loud - been brought here, against our free will, and are now being shoved into a life or death situation in some twisted fairy tale land?!"

(Welcome back! XD)

A small smirk curled over the woman's face as she walked up to Kessian, taking calm strides as the group stepped back. "Why were you brought here? Oh, it may not have been your will, kiddies, but it's in your blood. Take this--" she touched her hand to her heart, "--interesting little container I had. It was not choice that she came here, but fate. The same goes for all of you. And by the way, you're anything but normal. Haven't you noticed it?"

Cisele began to walk up and down the line of teenagers, studying each one as she went, "These powers you're feeling have been dormant in you your entire life. Some of you may be gifted with it at random-some, like this body, were born with the soul of one of us inside of them."

Slowly, she looked to Sagoda. "And you would know all about that, wouldn't you, Sagoda?"

Her tone was innocent and dripping with honey; he gritted his teeth together and looked away. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't."

"Oh, I think you do, darling." A shadow crossed Cisele's face as she murmured out of earshot to the majority of the group, "Sealing your own mother away into the human world?"

Sagoda growled, "You killed Dad! You were too powerful for your own good!"

Cisele looked away, her bangs hiding her expression. A chuckle came out of her lips, and within moments it turned to full on laughter, "That was only the beginning of the whole thing, darling. I'm back, and stronger than you would believe."

She spread her arms wide, grinning at the group maliciously, "Darkness has overtaken this world. Join me for that power you've always desired."

Jessica stared at what became of the girl, Cisele. Everything about her screamed 'evil.' Even though the sight frightened her, for some reason, though, Jessica could not take her eyes off her. She suddenly felt something grasp inside of her, as if it was trying to break free. Jess clutched her chest and made a sudden moan. But then it settled down... or so she thought.

Go to her.. Jess could hear the voice loud and clear, inside her own mind. She stood up and started to approach Cisele, continuing to stare, not even blinking. It's not like she even wanted to... she just... had to. Jessica uttered in a small, weak voice.

"Help... me..."

When Cisele said the word 'power', it echoed in his hear. I want to be able to use these powers of mine no, I want to be the best warrior here.. He thought to himself as he looked around at everyone else.
After a while of deciding of what to do Ken finally walked up to Cisele and spoke, “How much power do you guarantee? I will take everything that the Yin as to offer..”
His face started to show a slight grin. Ken glanced back at Rika and Hanabi, They may not take the same path as me but…I need to do this.. He thought then he looked back at Cisele.

Last edited:
She looked from Jessica to Ken, deep red eyes practically boring into them both. A small smile crossed her face as she brushed two delicate fingers against Jessica's cheek, "Hmm, help you? It seems as though the spirit inside of you is a rather strong one."

Abruptly, she moved onto Ken, studying him carefully, "And you...hmm...interesting..."

Cisele stepped backwards a little, eyes wandering over the group, "Any other takers? I'm afraid I'll have to kill the rest of you. Too bad."

((Okay, obviously, if you signed up to be a Yin, this is your chance to join in. >D Yay evil people!))

Kilik looked around at the group, and sighed, with a bit of a chuckle. These fools, they don't know what they're getting themselves into here. It's so typical. The Evil Side is the cool side, yet again... But I've always been a dork anyway. Besides, just because I'm a vampire, doesn't mean I'm evil, and I'll show everyone.

"If you're going to kill the good guys, then you can start with me, because I'll never join you!" Kilik emphasized, "never, " with more volume. He said it pretty aggresively, and as soon as he said it, he felt a sudden fear flow through him.

Why did I do that...?

Rika looked back towards Cisele. Putting her arrows back into the bag and throwing it over her shoulder she listened to everyone talk about evil and power. 'Cisele's offering us.....power? I......want to be....powerful.' Rika thought as she walked towards where Ken, Jessica and Cisele stood.

"I'll join you. The promise of power seems.....intrieging." She said as she stood beside Ken and watched as Cisele studied over the others. 'I wonder if doing this is in my best interest....but I know that power will be needed if I am to survive here...' Rika thought as she continued to stand silent beside the others, looking back at the group.

Last edited:
((Well, Yangs, time to join my side! ^_^))

Sagoda sighed. "I guess this is how it is, huh," he said, shaking his head. "Anyone who wishes to stand against the forces of the wolves that attacked you will come over here."

Before the words even left Sagoda's mouth, Tai had already made his decision.

"I'll stand alongside Sagoda and Kilik. There's no way I can even think about being on the other side," he said, the fatigue starting to fade despite the massive fighting he'd done minutes before. "If you know what's best you'll join us, not them."

A sinister chuckle escaped the vampire's lips as she pit her hands on her hips (lol it rhymes XD), "Are you serious? Such tough talk for such a little boy. The Yang side is hopeless. Especially since their toughest warrior was not only in love with a Yin...but now he's reincarnated in the form of a teenager."

She spat the last word, something pained in her red eyes. Cisele crossed her arms and growled, "I would watch your mouth, twerp. Sagoda isn't stronger than me."

"Chosen by...fate?" Kessian rolled the words around in his mind. We had no choice in this matter? Destined to be taken from our lives with little hope of ever returning? We're only human... But then again, maybe they were like him; not quite what they seemed to be. They were like the creatures of this world. Then why are we needed here? This evil chick is waging battle against the cloaked man. This man...he brought us here.

"Ha...hahaha!" All of a sudden Kessian was laughing, rather disturbingly so for that matter. "You speak of fate and destiny? All such petty words." The rant continued as he began to walk forward. "The story can only be told by the decisions of its author, but when the author can't continue and allows himself to be influenced by others, meaning is lost and the plot is twisted. The weak cannot prosper and are open to manipulation by those who are stronger. This is the basis of living in all worlds, and the rule that we have all allowed ourselves to succumb to." Now he stopped next to Cisele, and turned back to face the people who had been with him until now. "People are only able to choose their stories when they have power. Only with power can we become what we have always wanted!"

And then Kessian did something that he thought he would never have to do. He took off the gauntlet he had so treasured (Even though, y'know, he just got it. Okay, I've completely run out of ideas, gotta wrap this up.) so that his hand was visible to everyone. "This world can tell us who we really, but we will learn nothing if we can't live to see this through." Kessian pointed a scaly finger at Sagoda and said, dripping with hate, "This man took us from our world! He is the one who stole our lives away! It is because of him that we have become slaves to uncertainty!"

((End of madness. Now let's get some more yang responses.))

He's going to her side...? I don't know.... Hanabi looked over at the others, wondering which side they had chosen. She sighed and looked over at the older Cisele. Without saying anything, she walked over to Cisele and nodded. "I've made my choice." All my life i've been powerless...Its time to change that "I want power. It seems my element is darkness after all...." She looked back at the group who had chosen to remain with Sagoda. "Sorry Tai." She smiled and turned her back on the rest.

Tai closed his eyes, biting his lip. All these people he'd met, and now most of them were...retreating to the other side. He rose his head, a different look in his eyes. Instead of sadness, there was anger in them.

I see...so you, all of you, are now my enemies..., he thought with a sigh, then shook his head.

"Fine. Be that way. You are now all my enemies."

((By the way, here is a sneak peek of what Tai looks like later in the story :D Ryuu Tai (without wings)))

"I think we all realize that Tai, none of us are that thick-headed." Hanabi replied smoothly. "Unfortunately for you, this shot all the chances you ever had of getting me to be your girlfriend." She smiled. "You're a little to young for me anyway." Ken on the other hand..... He looks to be about my age...

Cisele chuckled to herself, shaking her head. "It's a crying shame. I would've liked to be on the same side as him for once."

"Well then," she smirked back at her now fairly well sized group, "We should be off. Master Yin will be charmed, I'm sure."

She floated up in the air, hands over her head. A quick range motion of her arm brought a tonfa sliding out from under her forearm, and she hit the edge of it, extending the small handheld weapon into a tall staff. "Now then, I suppose I'll have to use Warpaga to get you all out of here..."

The redheaded woman flapped her wings twice, then paused, turning back to Sagoda, "I'm glad to see you've grown up so well...and you..." She looked down at Tai, disgust ringing in her red eyes, "Can't believe you would stoop so low as to be reincarnated as this...brat. "

Kilik looked around and sighed. "Fighting will solve nothing. This woman has promised you power, and at what cost? I can't stand it when man turns against their fellow man..."

A small tear formed in Kilik's eye, but was blinked back quickly. "I refuse to kill, but trust me, all of you will hate the day you betrayed us." He decided that he would keep his vampire form out 24/7, now.

I must be ready at all times.

Ken looked towards Tai, “Train hard Tai, so the next time we meet it’ll be..fun.” He said with a grin, ready for a fight. I don’t care what it takes, I’m going to be the best yin warrior that this world has ever seen.. he thought as he looked around seeing who is on his side.

That had done it. Tai's anger, fatigue and pain had all reached a boiling point. The temperature had started to rise throughout the area noticibly, and energy crackled around Tai. He was finding it really hard to let it all go; he didn't want to hurt them, but it looks like there was no choice. The only thing that kept him from releasing the newfound power he had was the fact that he had no idea what he was fighting for and against. The only reason he was angry was a part of him inside invoked all his anger.

"Call me a brat one more time, I dare you," Tai growled, shaking his head. There was only a sliver of control left inside him and it was slipping really fast. "It'll be the very last thing you do."

Jessica lowered her head and turned to face the Yang group. "I'm sorry..." she whispered, closing her eyes and holding her scepter close to her so that the end of it rested on her chin. "I need to discover... who I really am..."

Cisele quirked an eyebrow, then chuckled to herself, looking down at the furious teen. "You never did have any self control. B. R. A. T. Braaaaaaaaa~at. Can I make it any clearer for ya, half pint?"

((Heh, I've decided to make an unscheduled appearance.))

Tai balled his fists and growled deeply. He had said the words. Now it was time to back them up. Suddenly, silver flames ingulfed him, swirling rapidly. When the flames cleared, there was an older Tai standing there. He had longer hair and his right eye was covered with bangs. His entire body was not visible due to the cloak he was wearing, though part of his face was visible. There was a sneer on his face as he looked over the bunch of Yins. His eyes soon came to a stop on Cisele.

"Well, well, well, look who it is," 'Tai' said, almost with a chuckle. "It's you, and I see you're leading them once more."

Back
Top Bottom