• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DREAMS.

So this was my first somewhat-lucid dream.

I was at a cosplay convention, and among the things I did was playing a Mario game. It was a 2D platformer, but as the game went on I got new attacks to use. I had trouble with one boss level of the game, and when Bowser defeated me he said something like "You're too weak, bet you wish you had strong attacks like me!" Later, I was in a room, and on the table was 2 DSes and one 3DS, all apparently belonging to my brother. There was also a big 3DS game cover with tons of game logos on it, including a "Pokémon *something*Gold and *something*Silver 2", sequels to Heartgold and Soulsilver. At another point in the dream I was in this large bathroom with tons of stalls, I think a dog was inside one of them. Somewhere at this point I started almost "waking up", and almost did, but convinced myself to sleep a bit more, at the same point realizing that "hey, this is a dream!" When I got back to the dream world, I was on this path outside somewhere, it was starting to get dark- and at this point I was somewhat aware I was in a dream. I thought about Shigeru Miyamoto because why not, and then he walked by. (Take that, convention-sushi-dream!) I went up to him and started talking about the new Mario game, and he gave me some secret code of some sort that would unlock a special attacks for Mario, called "Fire Fang". Then I went back to the game, trying out my new attack.

I had a dream today in which I got some kind of game that was a bit like Spore, but 2D, more possibilities, and the intro mentioned the Great Old Ones. When I first played it, I was a human and I could catch creatures, like in Pokémon. I think jellyfish evolved into dragons. The next time, I was some sort of giant amoeba and it turned out to be a multiplayer game.
Later, I was on Alternia, investigating something with my family. I think my mother somehow got the "g"s from Unspeakable Vault mixed up with Vriska's typing quirk, specifically the word "h8". Then there was some kind of beach, and the others thought it was mysterious that there were no footprints in the sand, but I saw some trident prints in the water, one of which was huge, and I thought the Empress herself might be involved. Plus there were some big tentacles sticking out of the water.
Then there was something about someone who disappeared, and I wondered if something had eaten them. A giant spider or a Skyhorse, maybe. I also found some paper about some Japanese monsters that were an equivalent to the Chinese zodiac and somehow related to the lusii of the twelve trolls. I think one of the was the Kappa (I don't know whose counterpart it was), and its name meant "Famous Potato" in English. One was a tentacle monster that had two forms. One was named "Geo [something]" and the second was "Kai [something]". But there was another name which referred to both and literally translated into "Glub Glub". But I couldn't find the equivalents of Spidermom and Skyhorse.
Then Vriska came to me and asked me why I had sent her a big jelly thing with text saying: "I wonder if they were eaten by a Spidermom or a Skyhorse". After that, she said that it must be because I play MMORPGs, which I apparently do because I've been alone at home since my birthday (she specifically mentioned the date, which reminded me of Eridan) and I was bored. (And I actually don't like the concept MMORPGS.) Then I was chasing her through some rooms, and there were some blonde boys who started fighting me for no reason. And at some point, my brother appeared there. I thought it would be bad if Vriska was caught by Eridan instead of us, because we'd have to fight another enemy for her, but when I wanted to say it, I said we would have to fight her for another enemy instead. (That could be interpreted as "I want to fight Vriska", but I prefer to interpret it as "capturing Eridan is more important to me"). Also while I was randomly fighting the boys, I felt something scratching my legs gently. I thought someone might be doing it with a double trident, which I now thought was Eridan's weapon.
I don't think anything important happened after that.

I had a TCoD-related dream this time. Well, that's a first.

Like all good VM dreams it contained a rather illogical series of non-sequiturs, including Avatar: The Last Airbender, becoming a ghostbuster, and having coffee with Satan. But I distinctly remember reading about "all the secrets of the moderators" in a book known as "Alraune's Necronomicon". In it were such deities as "The Black Pharaoh Negrek-Ka" and the mighty "Chalthuleau".

Night before I went to camp, a week or so ago, I had a dream I was already there. There were more people there that I knew than there should have been, mostly people I knew from school--it was one girl's birthday, and we were in the camp's lodge/dining hall which for some reason had a bar on one side. Everyone's happy to see me, saying hi and stuff, and all of the sudden this hot girl I went to highschool with (graduated this year) walks up to me, plants a kiss on my lips and walks away smiling at me like it was a normal hello. I played it off cooler than I ever would in real life and woke up.

Unfortunately it turns out she's engaged or something, which sucks because we're going to the same college, and I've had clairvoyant-dreams before...

I had a dream where I was in an empty classroom. Then the teacher came in, except the teacher was a cat, and then a flagpole smashed through the roof because of the ultimate dog wand? Then the pink rabbit defeated the fabric robot, but then the fabric robot's friend the iron robot killed the rabbit. But the purple horses came, and the mermaids arrested everyone. Then, I woke up...

I had a weird dream this night. I think that in the beginning, I was supposed to take some medicine, but I messed up and smeared something on my leg when I was supposed to eat it. I think it was blueberry flavored. But that wasn't the main problem: It was purple. Dark purple, now that I think of it, A100A1 could make some sense because of random associations. Anyway, I had to wear long trousers. Then there was a woman who was in love with Lovecraft and had a photo of him in the elevator in her house, and maybe she was me. She and "Howie" later met and were planning to get married. And much later, me and my mother were going through some dungeons full of monsters in a giant haunted mansion. Later, someone was selling plush toys of those monsters and Eridan. Then there was a part where Eridan was attacking me with waves of coldness and I deflected his attacks with my arms. I might have been Sollux in that part. And I was sort of making fun of his weapons. Even later, he went off with Gamzee and I said something like "At least he found a matesprit".
There was more weird stuff, but I don't remember it well.

Last edited:
my dreams create, if not actual continuity, at least the impression thereof.

... I dreamt a dream of an anal lit exam, during and after which I had a distinct impression of having dreamt of reading the works Ithe exam covered. I am not entirely sure that was an actuall dream I had dreamt, or merely entirely fabricated by the new dream.

am still not quite sure what the "nugent" I was supposed to determine the significance of is, though. it does not seem to be a word.

it feels like maybe something out of finnegans wake but that has no business in my dreamt anal lit exams, it's not even written in a language I can read >||| also for the sake of my sanity I do not think I might wish to pore through that tome to check.

I just woke up from another dream-within-a-dream-within-a-dream. I have these sort of often. In this one, I dreamed that I had woken up and gone through the day, but then I woke up in bed. However, I was still in the dream when I 'woke up.' TWICE. I finally woke up for realz about an hour ago.

I had a dream last night where I for some reason had to go over a mountain on this old overgrown trail-type thing through a forested area (with lots of rhododendrons) at night, and someone else was with me (though I can't remember who it was... I know they were female but that's about all I can remember for sure.)

I was wearing my backpack from school and carrying this AR-15 type assault rifle the whole time, and had somehow attached a flashlight to the end of it (under the barrel) and was basically just using the gun+flashlight combination as an oversized flashlight, never actually having to shoot anything. Eventually we came to some place where there were other people hanging around (I can't remember what the place itself actually looked like, though...), and as we went in I started holding the gun in a really funny position, apparently so that my hands wouldn't be anywhere near the trigger and as a result the other people standing around would know I wasn't going to shoot them.

Well, I had a Doctor Who-based dream... There was a weird enemy alien, and some foot movements summoned him. I think I fought him by shouting "Gallifrey". Also robot horses were becoming popular, and I saw a plastic figure of one of them. It didn't look much like an actual horse, but might have resembled the knight figure from chess. It had a long, maybe vaguely horse-like head, and otherwise was... ehh... sort of conical, though the top was rounded... and had studs on it... but it was all made of red plastic. And then there was an invasion of Daleks and I realized what else that thingie resembled.

Last edited:
Ok. This is a bit of a wierd one even if I say so myself.
Right. I'm on a school trip to Australia. So, we're at a completely fake airport (that I randomly constructed in my mind) and I had a passport, even though I don't have one irl. So, we get to the past the whole passport thing and end up by some planes in a place that looks exactly like my back garden/yard/whatever you want to say. I were'nt trailing a suiutcase behind me like everyone else and I was wondering where it waa. So I asked, and found it in a pile of rubbish in the corner. It felt kinda empty, so I opened it, and found in the main pocket, my DS. That was it. So I look in a smaller pocket and find a metric ton of PS1 and DS games and a DSiXL case even though I didn't have a DSiXL. And ironically the plane fits in the small area we were in without crushing anybody.
Wow Summer has messed with my head.

Today I had a dream about being eaten by a snake. There was a library in its stomach, and one of the books was about King Kong. After some time, there was something about my soul being lost forever, but it apparently wasn't because I appeared somewhere else and someone was giving me a necklase that I had lost inside the snake.
(The snake is bigger on the inside, eh? Might be a symbolic interpretation of something from Homestuck.)

I had two weird dreams night before last.

So first one, like I was with a bunch of chibified countries (the chibis in Hetalia are kinda like their kid versions) and we were in a snowy forest. We didn't have any shoes, but we had to run for some reason, like we had a master or something, and I kept hurting my feet.

Second one was like this weird science museum, and there was this elevator that lead to an observatory and it went really freaking fast. And for some reason that scared me crapless and I just kinda... spasmed. On the floor. This is actually the second time I've dreamt about this weird place, but the first time is really fuzzy and the only thing I remember is that the observatory was under construction.

I feel like those two dreams were connected in some way, but I can't remember. :T

Had this really weird dream a few nights ago about being in a space-time machine with Japan. The interior was purple and Rubicante's avatar was driving. There were neon lights everywhere on the outside (there were windows) and then there was a leak in the seal and this oversized fly came in and started crawling toward me.

I woke up sweating and scared.
FLIES

Had this really weird dream a few nights ago about being in a space-time machine with Japan. The interior was purple and Rubicante's avatar was driving. There were neon lights everywhere on the outside (there were windows) and then there was a leak in the seal and this oversized fly came in and started crawling toward me.

I woke up sweating and scared.
FLIES

o.o
what

Oh, when I was little, I dreamt that I would get sucked up into the little crack at the bottom/top of escalators and there was a secret room underneath. And then there were kidnappers underneath there. AND I NEVER SAW MY MOM AGAIN.
Which was pretty scary for me at six.

I had a weird dream that one of my brothers was addicted to drugs and this somehow ruined my job working part-time in a department store? :s

I had the strangest dream...
I was in my room when all the books in the Inheritance series spilled out onto my desk and created a rip in space. I was sucked in and arrived in my room again, but with the walls painted black and a space for the books. I knew that I had to find them all to get back to the *real world*. Eragon was right beside me, so I slotted that in.
I stepped outside and saw my sister's room. It was turned into a generator room and a skeleton was there.
I ran into the washroom and Eldest was on the counter so I grabbed that and ran back to slot that in.
Next, I ran out and saw that there were people dressed in black and red. Vampires. (I don't know how I knew this). I ran into the living room and there was a bloody Hangman on the coffee table along with a bloody kid with blood packets. Inheritance was on the table so I grabbed that and a blood packet. I went to the bathroom and bit into the blood packet , sending blood into the sink. I slotted Inheritance in and I somehow knew that because I bit the blood packet, the skeleton would have the last book but Russia would have to bargain for it, so I went back into the generator room and saw Russia already bargaining with it. He got the book and I thought that he betrayed me somehow but then he threw the book to me and it floated into the last slot. The whole house collapsed inward and we were thrown through a series of waterfalls, ending at a whirlpool. I ended up in my room with Russia.

Then I woke up.

Last edited:
Holy shish this one scared me.
So, I was playing Slender, and I was about to get caught, and an avast anti-virus thing came up with the voice and I **** my pants, literally. I have a thing for that lately

Multiple dreams.

Dream No.1 was about TCoD and ketchup.

Dream No.2 was about a Red Green gameshow. I got handed a chicken drumstick but I couldn't finish it before it ended, and everyone left except 2 guys and I. We were locked in until my teacher came in and walked us over to her car and said that she's drive us home.

Dream No.3...I was in a hotel with my family when I looked in a mirror and found white stuff coating my hair. My mom said that it was lice eggs and told me to take a shower. I turned the water on and lice came out of my hair. Later, these weevil-like things came out of the shower. My mom called them "fire bugs" and set fire to them. Then I woke up.

I had a dream in which I was in my bed and ate the snails that came by. After about six snails, I thought: "Why am I even eating those snails? They would surely taste disgusting if they stayed out of their shells. Besides, I might end up vomiting shells in the morning." Then I realized that shells could be digested, but I didn't eat the next snail anyway because I was feeling friendly or something.

Back
Top Bottom