• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DREAMS.

I remember having a dream in which something pinned me to the floor in a dark corridor or something. It hurt horribly and I couldn't move. I tried to open my eyes because I knew it was a dream, I appeared in my bed, but I still couldn't move and felt the pain, which meant I was still asleep. I thought: "I'll surely wake up if I fall from the bed." Then I fell from the bed (only in the dream, of course) and woke up.

I also remember one in which I was somewhere with some other children. We all got some books and small pillows filled with dried herbs (mine was lavender). Later, I couldn't find my things and it seemed that someone had stolen them. My thoughts (and feelings) were somewhere between "Everyone hates me, that's horrible" and "I am so stupid, I should have hidden it better". A woman (who was my ally) told me to go somewhere, and be fast. She also mentione a monster, which was supposed to have big claws. I ran until I got into a room with two beds. I knew that lying down in one bed would make me wake up and the other one would activate the monster. There was a smiley face on each of the pillow, but one had a vertical line extending from its mouth. It could have just been badly drawn, but I interpreted it as a big tooth (it could have been a trickle of blood as well, but whatever...) and i obviously thought that it was the bad one. I lied down in the other bed, but the monster appeared anyway. It looked like a young woman. We started fighting while hovering over the beds. She sometimes bit my thighs, which hurt a bit and drove my attention away, so I had to cover my thighs with my hands while kicking her. In the end, I hit her eye and thought something about how disgusting it was. Then, I woke up (maybe because I defeated her).

Okay so last night I had the best dream ever.

So, it started out as us getting some assignment in some class or another. We had to listen to all the songs on some album that I'm sure doesn't actually exist. Anyway, the songs were apparently weird enough to drive people batshit insane and cause them to commit suicide (why we were made to listen to it, I don't know). So we all listened to it that night, and we all ended up in the same dream world.

Now, this dream world was really weird. No one in the dream even thought of it as "magical," it was explained to be an alternate universe where the normal laws of physics and gravity and everything else didn't apply the same way (but now looking back on it, magic is probably a better explanation). We were all next to a tree, with some weird white thing going around it. An owl stopped and spontaneously decided to tell us that it was a milk coaster. When we asked if he meant roller coaster, he said no, he meant it was a milk coaster. Looking at it a bit closer, we all realized that it was indeed made out of liquid milk that was just kind of floating there.

So for some reason, the dream skipped ahead and we were all building a wooden wall around the tree. The problem was, we were taking wood from the tree (it was the only one around) and we were running out of wood. I completely ignored this problem, and instead went up to look through some telescope, which was actually more like the leaf telescope from A Bug's Life. I saw a polar bear just kind of sitting on a cliff, and I started to go over to meet it.

As I reached the edge of a cliff that I was going to follow to the polar bear, I somehow changed into a frog. For some reason, this wasn't a problem for me, and I hopped over to the polar bear. Then the same owl swooped over and taught me that I could manipulate this world by giving it orders. This was where the dream got really cool. But first, I told him that I wanted to touch a sleeping bear's food, just once, and so the polar bear went to sleep and I touched a pile of fruit sitting next to him (polar bears don't even eat apples and grapes! WTF, dream self?).

So then we all woke up, went to class, talked about our strange dream experience, and then all went back to bed that night. We all dreamed again, but separately this time. I ended up back in the same world, and decided to try out this whole changing the world by telling it to thing. So I went up to the tree, and I said, "More wood, please." And then it grew more wood for us to use, so I said, "Thank you," and moved on. So I went to the milk coaster, and told it to change into a solid, so it did. I then told it to change into a gas, and it did that too, but still stayed in the same shape. I changed it back into a liquid and realized that this dream world was really awesome.

So we all woke up and went to class again. One boy was really depressed because apparently he had met Adolf Hitler as a little kid in his dream or something. Afterwards, we went to sleep again that night and all met up again in the same dream world. I went back to building the wall (I was no longer a frog, but I could change into one if I wanted). I then showed off my talent by making the tree grow more wood on command, and then making it grow metal, turning our whole wall into metal, and it was magnetic. Then I changed the piece of metal I was holding into a liquid, then into a gas, then back into a solid, and then I put it on the wall and wandered off. Our teacher, who wasn't anyone I know in real life, exclaimed that I "got it." I ignored him.

So I went over to some boy who was reading an encyclopedia or something else huge, and changed the book into a liquid and gas, then back into a solid. After that, the teacher came up and told me that I had to attach anchors to the ocean floor for some reason. I went down there and found a hole, and he gave me instructions, such as "tell the anchor to turn itself into a nickel/steel alloy," which somehow managed to twist the anchor around so it wouldn't come out. By this time, I was running out of air in my oxygen tank, and was wondering if I should ask him if I should just separate the ocean into hydrogen and oxygen molecules so that I could breathe. He told me to repeat that for all the holes along the ocean floor. Then for some reason I realized that "justification is the basis for change!" which makes no sense whatsoever.

Then I woke up.

Forgive me please, it's so long.

I was at a house that had animals as people where I specifically recall a hippo in a pink tutu. I walked around the party around the house before walking into the small narrow backroom of the house where my friend was, sitting on a window bench. Apparently we had to bring food to the party and she didn't have enough if any and thus wasn't invited to the party. She got kicked out so being the good friend I am I ditched the party. We ended up outside where the party was even more gargantuan and I stopped by a tree where the animal people and human people were in colorful outfits playing a game of cards. Soon someone hit me with a water hose and the bathing suit I was unknowingly wearing ripped off.

Fast forward in my dream and I was sitting on a bus next to a blonde guy with spiky hair. He appeared older and his face was fogged so I couldn't make out the details, but he felt familiar to me, like I could trust him. Anyway the seat beside me and up one was where my friend was sitting chattering away happily to whomever she was talking to.

The bus ended up driving down a dark and foggy road before we reached the end of a cul-du-sac. There were no houses, lots of dead trees, and the color scheme outside seemed to be various shades of gray. The street lights didn't work either. The bus doors opened and my head snapped to the front. A person in a black cloak which faded to red on the sides entered and looked around. His face was shadowed completely, I couldn't see it.

When this stranger walked onto the bus I got so afraid, I ducked down behind the seat in front of me so he wouldn't see me. The stranger made me so frightened of him he might as well have been the Devil himself. I snatched the blonde guy's hand and held it tightly in my own. He must've grunted or said ow because I let go and apologized. The cloaked stranger walked out and the bus started driving again but my entire body seemed to burn with pain. I looked at my arms which had developed some sort of glowing neon green/blue/cyan colored tattoo. it encircled my neck, just below my shoulder, the middle of my forearms, the middle of my calves and the arch of my foot. They had to be at least an inch and a half thick. My friend also developed some but there were two very thick bands which nearly covered her entire arms. However she couldn't feel the pain and instead thought they were cool. I'm not sure about the guy beside me, maybe he felt it also.

Anyways we drove up to the Air base and the parents were standing at the gate looking angry and worried, but instead of slowing the bus moved faster and then i was flying over mountains. I could see the narrow road and I could see the bus driving over it. I saw a house located at the edge of a large lake, the glow of the windows reflecting off the water. I moved to fly over it but a voice told me I couldn't go over it. The next instant I'm in a tiny room which is was in a giant warehouse type building and in the room I was in it looked like you sculpted things because there were unfinished pieces along with scrap pieces and lots of sharp carving tools. There was a cross-crossed wooden fence type design which looked very similar to a gazebo type fence. I peered through it and saw another girl.

Soon I was paralyzed as though gravity had increased ten times over and I grabbed the desk in front of me. It was a challenge just to breath. I looked through the fence to my left and saw the girl having to drag herself forward. I followed her example and released my grip on the desk, my arm feeling like lead and grabbed further down and nearly dragged myself forward. And I had to move forward, something told me that if I stopped something terrible to happen, like dying. I struggled so hard to move forward and I was going inhumanly slow. I was able to get a better look at the girl and she was Hispanic like me, and she looked like me, but it wasn't. She was much prettier.

Soon she had entered the room I was in and we both reached a middle table where gravity lifted back to normal making me feel temporarily light. When I looked back up at the girl from the table she had frizzy hair, again looked like me, but looked off. Not pretty but not right. Then out of nowhere I grabbed one of the sharp objects and threw it at her and she ducked before throwing them back at me. This probably went on for a while and if she hit me I didn't feel it. I grabbed what appeared to be a metal pancake flipper and threw it at her. It landed where her hear meets her face and she seemed unaffected. Instead she just took it out and threw it back. I ducked down to the ground and grabbed broken pieces of box cutter and throwing them back. She dodged them and swatted them away with her hand.

Soon a girl with a purple scarf fell on the girl and a blonde or brunette guy came in, but he felt familiar again, but his face was fogged out again so it was hard to focus on him. Beside him was a fan which was slowly moving from side to side blowing air, it was white. I remember blushing at the appearance of the man, embarrassed for a reason now unknown to me. The pretty girl from before was there beside the purple scarf girl and was yelling why the purple scarf wearing girl and me were recommended. She could apparently understand the purple scarf girl but she couldn't understand me.

The guy looked at me while talking to the pretty girl and said that everyone had potential, I just had the most potential out of them all.

And then I woke up. Needless to say it's my favorite dream.

I dreamt that I had got another wig for cosplaying. This one was somewhat darker than the one i already have, and was somewhat bigger and softer. It first looked much too big, but when I put it on, it fir perfectly and looked like my real hair. In the dream, I was also living in another house... I only remember having a giant bed that was, for the moment, cluttered with various random things.

I was hanging out with my friends and family on a hovercraft in a swamp when all of a sudden prehistoric creatures started to try to attack us. We tried to shake them off, and eventually found a small house to take shelter in. The people who owned the house let us stay there for a couple of minutes before the dinosaurs roasted them with their fiery breath. We took shelter into the next house, which was empty, and decided we would live there. However, a Tyrannosaurus started destroying the house, and the only way we survived was by going upstairs and hiding on top of one of the bunk beds. We then went to a hardware store and talked the T-Rex to let us go, and he happily left and started eating other people.

I had a dream involving me playing Donkey Kong Country Returns, and for whatever reason I was fighting Capone Bege from One Piece in a boss battle. I swear I'm addicted to both, meaning DKCR and One Piece.

I had a dream partially about Astro Boy o.0
But one part I remember is that I was in some sort of flying machine.

I went to Utah to hang out with my uncle and cousins when my uncle decided to play a prank that made me think I was going to have to live with him until my dad got better (I guess my dad was sick or something, I guess). When my dad came back to get me, he called my mom telling her how he never wanted to see me again and how he was so happy he wouldn't have to take care of another kid again. He then asked if I'd be spending Christmas with him. wtf

I had this badass dream last night/this morning.

So apparently, Arceus had turned all of the pure people into (legendary?) Pokemon. I had turned into Mew, and a boy (I suppose it was me? I wasn't myself. For some reason, I was a certain ten year old girl >_>) had turned into a Mewtwo. Some shit happened, including my possible discovery of small Psychic powers, and the dream ended.

More proof that my mind is awesome.

Last edited:
One of our family members turned evil and starting killing and gutting all the bird in my grandmother's backyard. THE HORROR, THE HORRORR

Moar dreamz:

Apparently, my family and I was somehow transported to Alternia (My mind comes up with the weirdest scenarios). After a while, I had a bout of lucid dreaming, and realized that the trolls were supposed to be gray, not Simpsons-yellow. Some boring/mundane stuff happens, and I wake up.
And realize that my mind got some serious details wrong, including the family issue and that they probably didn't have Wal-Marts.

I've recently started Primaracetam.
Basically, I have really intense dreams four about four hours, and then wake up. It's awesome, because I have interesting dreams and still get up 3am. <3

But, you know, when I have a nightmare they're pretty bloody terrible.
Like, being invited to the home of a man who used his own faeces to furnish, wallpaper and carpet the place. I couldn't leave, though, because in weird dreamlogic that would be impolite!!!
Yeah, okay, it's not torture, but it's still a terrible dream. :<

Alright, I was wandering around IKEA with my best friend when we crossed the guy I like more than anybody right now. I was all like, "Look, there's <insert guy's name here>!" And she replied, "Dayum, gurl, you can do better than THAT." And I was like "D:"

And my crush was wearing some huge puffy trench coat that made him look like a pedophile.

Pretty much all my dreams make absolutely no sense, being distortions of reality. As in, they take place in real-life locations that I've been to, featuring people I know, but the actual plotline is completely torn from reality.

I remember one time I dreamed one of my friends randomly came to my house and gave me a Netbook.

Still waiting for it.

I used to have a lot of dreams involving aliens. The first one was a dream where me and a bunch of other kids (this was back when I was 10 or something) lived in big rooms underneath a factory. This girl told me that a bunch of aliens were going to turn us into canned pizza (yes, CANNED PIZZA!) because we had the 'happy disease' which would apparently turn the pizza into the most delicious food in the universe. I managed to escape, but got cornered in front of a huge fence. The aliens (they looked like bald guys in togas) were about to catch me, but then, for no reason at all, I thought 'I need a rocket!' which somehow caused me to have a jetpack on my back. I flew away and woke up.
The next dream beats that one for weirdness, though. I was in a museum which was being invaded by dinosaurs, one of which had an iguana riding on its shoulder. I ran outside and saw that the outside of the museum looked like a movie theatre. I said that some movie about South America was playing, which made me think 'Well that explains the iguana' (I don't know why). I ran back in and helped everyone escape the museum. The next thing I knew, I was in my primary school, which was being attacked by giant warriors made of wood. I turned into a dragon and fought them. Then, me and my year six class ran outside, only to see this giant screen with this weird head on it. My teacher screamed 'Don't look at it! Aliens use twelve-screens to hypnotise you!' whi made perfect sense in the dream. Anyway, the head was telling us that aliens were going to invade our planet. I ran back into the school, but got stopped by one of the aliens, who was sitting at a wooden desk. He basically looked like a detailed rectangular box with ridiculously small arms and legs poking out and a big bloated head. Anyway, my class somehow got back into the school. Cue the giant warriors again, only this time they're made of ice. I turned back into a dragon and tried to melt them with my flame breath, but I couldn't breath fire. Then I had to go and eat a Cheri Berry to get my flame breath back, but it still didn't work. Then I woke up.

I have never slept for more than six hours without having a dream involving peg-legged penguins dancing on a cake.

My dreams are always really, really random and never once have they made any sense whatsoever. Like, once I had a dream where Otto Octavius (Dr. Octopus, from Spiderman) was trying to take over the Inkworld (from Inkheart/spell/death) for some unexplained reason. My online friend, whose username is Doctor Octopus on the forum I talk to her on, was there, and she was mistaken for the real Doctor Octopus.

Sometime later in the dream, Dustfinger (a character from Inkheart/spell/death) was out buying cake at a very modern and un-Inkworld-ish grocery store. I have no idea why he needed cake or what kind he was looking for, but he couldn't find it.

Back
Top Bottom