• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DREAMS.

Some dream I thought I had posted some months ago after I had it, but found out I hadn't. So I'll change that!

(So I was typing this whole thing out, but the forum decided to just get some random error as I posted, and the whole thing was lost and I have to write it all over again. Not happy.)

Anyway, in the dream, I was with a friend("friend" as in random dream-person who I only knew in the dream) wanted to go to this new restaurant that had just opened in the city, so I went with her. As I entered, the view turned from realistic to a Pokémon-esque 2D overworld. I then understood that this was the Striaton City gym, only that it had been completely remodeled and made into only a restaurant. Chili, Cress, Cilan, May, either Brendan and Lucas, Mudkip, Treecko and I think another Pokémon too, were the waiters. As we found our table, the view changed to realistic again.
Chili gave me the menu, which I first couldn't read, because it was written in what seemed to be a mix of French and some random gibberish. When I found out what it was, I wasn't very impressed because nothing really sounded good, but I at last decided on something that didn't sound too bad. A few minutes later, Chili asked me to come outside with him. I (somewhat reluctantly) agreed, and when we were outside, we sat down on some chairs. Then, he started singing to me. Apparently some kind of love song, because I remember it containing "my love". Also, if I remember correctly, about 1/3 of it was in Italian. I was kind of annoyed(not to mentioned creeped out) because I just wanted my damn food already. But I didn't say or do anything, because in my weird dream logic, this would be really rude and inconsiderate.
As he was done with his stupid song, he started on a new one, by which point I excused myself and went back inside. There, I started talking to the Pokémon. I started with Mudkip, who went with "Mud? Mudkip!", then "MUDKIP!", then "Kip? bf'jbfj'bfjb'bfjf", and then "...Animals have fascinating names!" Then I went over to Treecko, which at first only said its name, but then after a while "Look south from *city name* and see *something*, and then I just remembered that earlier in a nonexistent Pokémon game, I had used Surf to the north(even though Treecko said south, I understood this as north because dreamlogic)on some water there, and found a secret area with some houses. Oh, and at this point I was apparently "in" this game.
As I went back, I noticed N by the table behind me. He looked very different from the others - a cartoony drawing with thick lines, a big head and big cartoony eyes, and white all over, as if someone forgot to color him in. He was arguing with some of the workers there, and in the end just got mad and left. (And I understand him well. Lousy service, you don't even get any food.)

And I also had a weird dream the night before, but I only remember the end. My own OCs were trying to sneak into some secret bases/rooms in North Korea. No idea why. Said room was a huge hallway with doors and file cabinets everywhere, and I think one of them read one of the notes and took offense to something written about themselves there.

EDIT: So, I dreamt I was in some anime/manga-themed shop in Japan. In a box, I found this Lucky Star manga book I wanted, which also had some kind of special thing in it which I think was a piece of paper. However, it was pretty expensive, and cost almost all of the vacation money I had got(apparently, this was a vacation) (For some reason, even though the prizes were listed in yen, they all had the same value the would have in Norwegian kroner and I understood them as this) It was in Japanese too, so I couldn't understand anything. Also note that the book was thin and flat, more like a Western comic book than a manga.
So I decided it would, sadly, be a waste, and went around the shop looking what else they had. While this went on, several people went into the shop and bought something(though I can't remember them actually finding anything in the shop, just walking up to the counter from the entrance) In the same box, I saw plush toys of Bowser, a Koopa and another Mario character I don't remember. I wanted to buy these when I found out they were cheap, but it never got to that part. I also saw another Lucky Star manga on the shelf next to the door, which was thicker(like a "full collection" book) and also much cheaper. Then I went over to a shelf(which was, strangely in the same place as the counter had been a minute ago) filled with manga. I saw Hetalia, but got disappointed because they only had the ones I have already. Then I saw another kind of Hetalia books close to them, and as I picked them up to read, I found out they were just books, as in with text only, and strangely, in English. I decided not to buy them since dream-me is stupid. Then I went over to the other shelf on the left, which stocked various anime and game merchandise. Only thing I remember is a few of those "3D mousepads"(you know, those anime girl ones with boobs), and possibly some cosplay accessories.

Last edited:
I have no idea what kind of dream I was having, but it was apparently a very odd one.

Mom: Are you still sleeping?
Me: Well, half of them came in tired and half were hungry, so I didn't know what to do...

I had a dream that I was a typhlosion and Equius had a dad and red ants are dangerous and I had a friend that was also a Pidgeot.

I have weird dreams

(just copypastaing from elsewhere)
So a week or so ago, I had this dream where I was inside this building, and at first I wasn't sure where or what it was, but that didn't worry me. Anyway, I went along a hallway and went inside one of the doors, and then I knew by dreamlogic that this room was used for sending people into space, apparently just for fun, and you could get up there in minutes and be back the next day. It was a small room, with barely room for three people. The other two were a man and a woman both dressed in some light grey, skintight body-covering suit, which I guess was a new kind of spacesuit. (However, I just wore my regular clothes) To survive in space, we had to put on this vest which looked like white, semi-inflatable pillows duct-taped together, on both sides. We all had to lie down on the floor to get enough room for all of us. Anyway, the next thing I remember is standing outside of this room, and I looked around this place. There was a cafe here, too, and right next to this was the gaming room, which only had people playing DSes. Outside this room, a boy stood by himself playing Pokémon (possibly Diamond). Also, many people lived in this building, as in, lived there, from just one person to whole families. They had a hotel-like system where you could get a room for some money. Most of the ones I saw walking around did this, actually. However, I was just there for a visit.

Last edited:
I had a dream that my kittens killed me :( It also had something very horror-movie-esque involving me living with some girl whose body had apparently been transmogrified so she was basically a living body made of ice (what the hell. I'd say it was crystal, since her body looked like Kida from that Atlantis movie after she got absorbed into the crystal or whatever, but it was outright stated that it was ice) and the child's poor mother.

Apparently the girl's mom decided "HEY I SHOULD GO CHECK ON MY DAUGHTER" and one of the last things I heard before I got killed in the dream were the mom's screaming and "oh, don't try to run away from [the kittens], they'll find you."

Needless to say, I was quite worried that my kittens would kill me this morning. And I'm never allowing myself to watch a horror movie again.

I had a dream that I was chewing on Pain from Naruto's leg... it went something like this:

"What are you doing?"
"Biting your leg."

Honestly, it was really strange.

I once had a strange DS9-related dream. In the beginning, I was wishing that some scary Star Trek episodes hadn't existed. That deleted some DS9 episodes that don't actually exist in reality. Then, I was on the station, going into some room with Benjamin Sisko, Data (a TNG character) and a doctor (might have been Bashir, but might have been Pulaski). Somehow, we knew it was called the "Chamber of Doubt". It didn't look like Cardassian architecture at all. The walls were straight and some light color, and there was a small round table with four glasses on it in the middle of the room. One of the glasses looked different and was somehow connected with the curse of King Arthur. Then Sisko drank from that glass and we were supposed to get cursed somehow. Sisko started feeling hopeless, Data thought he was a human, the doctor wanted to replace his heart and I was hallucinating, seeing a disfigured and/or dead person from one of the deleted episodes. Then Tasha saved us. In the end, some guy named Nick appeared.

Also, I remember another dream. First, I'll describe the background: The evening before, I was doing Homestuck quizzes on Quizilla. One of them was a "seven minutes in heaven" thing (I got Sollux), but there were also things that weren't quizzes. There was an answer to some "what do you think about the trolls" thing by someone who was a huge Equius fan. Also, there were some normal polls on this topic, and everyone seemed to love Gamzee. Some time before that, I was with my grandparents, visiting some people who had a lot of dogs.
Now the dream: I was somewhere with some of the Homestuck trolls, and there was also a dog that kept sniffing my hand and I was afraid to make quick motions. Besides, there was Gamzee, and that was a signal that things could get scary. So I tried to get away, but the dog was following me. Then Equius took my hand. The conversation was something like this:
Him: I'll save you.
Me: *starts feeling weak* You're gonna save me... by hypnotizing me?
Him: Yes.
Me: Is it because you're the hero of Void?
Him: Yes.
Me: *looks into his face* Well, better than being manipul8ed.
Him: *hugs me*
Me: Wait... Why are you the one of Void when Aradia is the one with the zeroes?
(everything goes dark, dream ends)
When I woke up, I didn't open my eyes right away like I normally do. I think that in a way, he saved me from the dream, even though he was part of it.

So I dreamt that we started using tumblr at school. The teacher told us we had to plan the whole thing from beginning to end, with "appropiate" beginning-and-end posts.
Dream also included some Homestuck character I don't remember, and warm milk-flavored ice cream. Tasted bleh.

And in the second dream, I was late for school because I was just sitting on the computer in the morning, playing some Mario game. By the end of it, I was in the bathroom eating a nectarine, then I thought it tasted weird and spat the pieces into the sink. I saw some spiders and a snake-like worm crawling around in the sink and that whole part was just fucking disgusting ;_;

Ugh, guess being sick fucks with your dreams. And puts gross food into them.

Last edited:
A couple of odd ones lately.

In one, I was standing around in my mom's kitchen when suddenly the phone started ringing. I let it ring a few times, and I remember dream-me noticing that it sounded different than the normal ring somehow (though I can't remember what it did sound like.) Picked it up and said "Hello?" but nobody answered, just silence and then a few sounds like something shuffling around on the other end. Then some girl's voice said "Dump," and almost immediately afterward a different girl also said "Dump." Both were in this kinda generic semi-emotionless voice, not quite sounding like a normal person talking. After that they(?) either hung up or the dream ended, I can't remember which.

In another dream, I woke up in the morning and found that a lot of the stuff in my dorm room seemed to have been moved around (wallet was on the table instead of in the drawer, and when I opened the drawer stuff was scattered everywhere.) There was also a bunch of food (pasta and a few other things in Tupperware) that wasn't mine, which I took out. And a tube of Preparation H sitting out on the table.
Apparently, someone had come into the room and needed D batteries (which I don't actually have in the drawer... only AA) and ended up digging through the drawer to get them, rearranging all my stuff (and putting random other stuff, like Tupperware, in there?) in the process.
I'm not sure, but I think the D batteries were actually for the BEDS... I seem to remember that in the dream the beds had some white metallic section on the sides that opened up and you could put batteries in. I'm not sure why a bed needs batteries, but oh well.

This night, I had a dream in which there were two people hanging on my shoulders. At worst it was very unpleasant, but then I realized that it was just a dream and calmed down so it wasn't so bad.

Some of my dreams take place in my room. In one of them, there were some glasses on the ceiling lamp. I unintentionaly pushed one off it and it broke. My brother was also in my room, so it was like this:
Him: You should be more careful.
Me: This is just a dream.
Him: That doesn't mean you can destroy everything.
But sometimes these arguments work. In a dream I had quite recently, someone was criticizing me for starting a relationship with someone. And I said: "This is just a dream. He doesn't exist, and neither do you." He walked away.

Another dream: I was hovering over the floors in some rooms, of which at least one had an active TV in it. Then I get out of the building, and there was a field at night. I heard some voice say: "Beware, orcs can be anywhere," I saw a scarecrow with an animal skull and I got scared. When I woke up, I heard my brother say something. However, it turned out to be another dream, in which he was sitting near my bed and horribly deformed. After waking up again, there was another voice saying: "We'll find out how that android looks and wrap him in fog." It sounded similar to the voices of the battle droids from Star Wars, but slightly more human, perhaps a human consciousness in a robot body. Then I really woke up.

Last edited:
It seems that when I wake up without my eyes opening immediately (I don't know the conditions for this, maybe the dream has to be weakening slowly), I feel it as a feeling of lightness that I could interpret as part of the dream at first. Last time, I was reading something about birds and the sky and stuff when the dream ended.

i once dreamt i got up and got on with my day. then was REALLY confused when mum woke me up.
i have a lot of those.

I keep getting the feeling of knowing that I dreamed, but being able to recall exactly nothing about the dream that I just know I had. It is a really terrible feeling because I love dreams. :(

I remember when I was really little I'd have this recurring dream about going through a door in a bakery and playing with a unicorn and flying or something. Then I had a super weird one where it was all dark through the door and the people from Scooby Doo were in the bakery. I didn't get those dreams anymore after that. Did the Scooby Doo people invade my subconscious and kill the unicorn? o_O

Last night, I had a dream about zombies.
One was coming into my room when I came out and called a truce.
0-0 This might've came because my sister plays Plants vs Zombies.

I had a weird dream a couple nights ago involving the cast of Firefly.

It took place in a church area. The characters I remember being there were Mal, Simon, River, and Book.

The most I can remember is that Simon was laying in a pool of water, beaten and bruised, while River was telling him that she'd get him to the hospital in Germany (...what). All throughout the dream, I thought the dream was a delusion of River, but at the end...it was hinted at the end that it was a delusion of Mal.

...Very interesting...

I dreamt a few days ago that I got the SBURB beta and I was trying to convince my friends to make a server-player chain. Strangely enough, I was also quoting the Genre Busting entry on Homestuck's TV Tropes page at them, so I clearly knew about it and was expecting to use my foreknowledge to get us through.

The iffy "whole planet being destroyed by meteors" thing didn't seem very much of a big deal either. And then I spent the rest of the dream trying to get home after I teleported to a bus stop or something. I was most put out by the lack of entry into the game.

A dream from Friday Night/Saturday morning:

I was apparently on the island in Lost (Don't know, never seen it) and for some reason Winnie the Pooh characters were there along with some human characters. I was looking for Craig Ferguson, who apparently played a character in Lost (He really didn't, or else I would've watched it xD). I did find Owl, but he was back to his older voice, not Craig's.

Oh, and Rabbit randomly made a water park.

This dream was weird because (besides it being totally random) I totally expected to dream about musicals and Neil Patrick Harris because of a Musical Episode I watched. That didn't happen til the next night, and I can only remember seeing Neil (And also Dr. Horrible)...nothing I can remember.

Here's what I remember from the dream I had this night: I got a mobile phone that seemed to be broken. At first, it sometimes gave me a weak shock. Later, I managed to start some game on it. In that game, I was flying somewhere at night (with the screen moving continuously and pushing me with it), collecting cats and avoiding ghosts. At first I thought the keyboard didn't work, but then I realized that I could only use vertical arrows (or was it something else I used as vertical arrows? I'm not sure). There were also walls, which blocked vertical movement (flying into them horizontally would probably kill you by pushing you out of the screen, but that hasn't happened to me). Later, I found out that you could use the cats against the ghosts somehow, probably by setting them somewhere and letting them shoot the ghosts. Then, I found out there was also a way of switching between wall and background, but you had to have the other on the tile above/below you and you would move there automatically while switching. I don't remember much more.

I remember some games it resembled:
Flying/swimming through a one-game screen-high area with the screen moving continuously and you not being able to change it: I've seen it with planes, robot dinosaurs, superheroes, submarines, tentacle monsters, Kit Fisto (a water alien Jedi), and Nyan Cat.
Collecting something and avoiding something else, both of which doesn't move against the area (it sort of moves to the left according to you and the screen, but that's because the screen is moving): I've seen it with a plane (with clouds and walls), but the Nyan Cat game has it too.
No horizontal arrows: Definitely the Nyan Cat one.
Switching between wall and background: Shift.
Putting animals somewhere so they shoot enemies: Robot wants Ice Cream.

I dreamt I was working on my cosplay costume. Strangely, in the dream the fabric was red, despite the actual fabric being white. I was cutting out a pattern for pants when I realized that since I was going to make a dress, the fabric was now wasted.

Back
Top Bottom