• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eon Spirit vs. Phantom

Ok, Soul, make your trainer proud. Use Destiny Bond if you can act first, if not Protect, then Confuse Ray, and Taunt til the cows come home.

Destiny Bond/Protect~Confuse Ray~Taunt

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 32%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Water Moves that require a source, moves strong enough to knock an opponent out of bounds. Explosion/self-Destruct
User Limit: Participated in one, or no battles as of yet.
Arena: Imperial City Arena

Here there be no gladiatorial fights to the death, today, just a pokemon battle, wut?

This arena is simply a 100 ft diameter circle with four stone pillars placed closer to the center, and equally spaced. The sky is open and the battle area is too far away from water to use moves such as surf and muddy water. Participants are disqualified is they leave the arena (i.e. fly above 250 ft, or go beyond the walls, such as in the stands, or beyond which. The ground is simply soil, and can be burrowed in. Earthquake creates devastating damage to the arena, but may be used, at the risk of alerting the authorities.

Imperial Legion:
Sword Slash (3% Damage, 75% chance to hit, cannot hit flying)
Arrow Shot (5% Damage, 50% chance to hit, can hit fliers)
These legions cannot be defeated in any matter or form, but can be forced away but whatever imagined means possible.

Effects:
Pokemon leaving boundries are applied as fainted due to disqualification

Round Six Begin!

Team Eon Spirit (OOO)
Pichu
Spatz (M)
Ability: Static
Health: 51%
Energy: 40%
Status: Itching to finish off his opponent. Special Attack +2. Cursed.

Team Phantom (OOO)
Gastly
My Dark Soul (M)
Ability: Levitate
Health: 2%
Energy: 39%

My Dark Soul may be struggling to keep its eyes open, but he’s nowhere near tired yet! The Gastly uses some of its power to link its own soul to that of Spatz. The Pichu only feels a tiny sensation, and charges a little electricity in its cheeks. In seconds, the Thundershock is ready and the Pichu lets loose the attack. My Dark Soul slowly closes his eyes and falls to the ground, the mist around his body dissipating. But suddenly, Spatz feels a painful sensation and suddenly loses all of his vitality. The Pichu falls to the crowd as well as the crowd murmurs to each other about the battle.

Round Six End!

Team Eon Spirit (ØOO)
Pichu
Spatz (M)
Health: 51 0%
Energy: 35%

Team Phantom (ØOO)
Gastly
My Dark Soul (M)
Ability: Levitate
Health: 0%
Energy: 32%

Arena Notes
•Nothing out of the ordinary

Damage and Energy calculations
•Destiny Bond: 7% energy
•Thundershock: 8% damage, 5% energy

Notes
•Destiny Bond worked.

Next Round
•Phantom sends out
•Eon Spirit sends out
•Phantom attacks
•Eon Spirit attacks
•I ref.

Xaciz, this guy knows not of the cuteness of potentially dangerous electric types, show him whos better!

Ok Blitz, open up with a good Howl to get yourself ready. Then use Double Team, finally get up close and personal with Spark.

Howl~Double Team~Spark

It's time to use that cute male charm of yours.

Attract while she's Howling, then Howl yourself. Finish with Captivate.

Attract ~ Howl ~ Captivate

3vs3 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Water Moves that require a source, moves strong enough to knock an opponent out of bounds. Explosion/self-Destruct

Here there be no gladiatorial fights to the death, today, just a pokemon battle, wut?

This arena is simply a 100 ft diameter circle with four stone pillars placed closer to the center, and equally spaced. The sky is open and the battle area is too far away from water to use moves such as surf and muddy water. Participants are disqualified is they leave the arena (i.e. fly above 250 ft, or go beyond the walls, such as in the stands, or beyond which. The ground is simply soil, and can be burrowed in. Earthquake creates devastating damage to the arena, but may be used, at the risk of alerting the authorities.

Imperial Legion:
These legions cannot be defeated in any matter or form, but can be forced away but whatever imagined means possible.

Effects:

Without hesitation, Phantom and Eon Spirit both toss out their Poké Balls. Out of Phantom’s pokéball comes a small blue lion cub, whose coat crackles with electricity. Eon Spirit’s Poké Ball explodes into a green little…quadripedial thing…whose coat is also crackling with electricity. Both Pokémon immediately begin to examine their surroundings, and look confidently at each other as the ref waves his flags.

Round Seven Begin!

Team Eon Spirit (ØOO)
shinx
[Xaciz] Shinx (M)
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Team Phantom (ØOO)
electrike
[Blitz] Electrike (F)
Energy: 100%

Blitz grins. It’s time to take that little shrimp down! She starts by lifting her head to the blue sky and giving a mighty howl. The crowd cheers, and suddenly she feels a rush of confidence. Whether it was from the Howl itself or from the crowd’s cheers, the raised morale easily compensates for the brief fear she had at first after seeing her opponent.

Xaciz looks at Blitz. You know, he thinks, She’s actually not that bad. So of course he doesn’t mind flattering his opponent in the slightest. “Hey!” he calls, getting the Electrike’s attention. “That was such a strong howl! It showed how strong you are. And you’ve got beauty to go along with that strength! Baby, you’re perfect!” Well, Blitz thinks, blushing a bit, I am incredibly strong…and he says I’m pretty? Aww, he’s so sweet! Within seconds the Electrike has succumbed, and her eyes have turned into little googly hearts. The crowd “aww” s in affection.

Xaciz grins; everything is going exactly as planned! He howls into the sky, similarly to how his opponent did earlier in the match. The crowd cheers, and he gets the same morale boost as his opponent did. Unbeknownst to him, though, is the fact that Blitz is even more in love with him now than before after seeing his manly Howl.

Well, Xaciz thinks, It’s on to stage three! And with that, the Shinx proceeds to shower his opponent with numerous compliments, about her dashing coat and those beautiful yellow stripes. Blitz has to work to keep her jaw from dropping. Now there’s a Pokémon who knows how to get a girl! She is so entranced that she completely forgets to attack as the round draws to a close.

Round Seven End!

Team Eon Spirit (ØOO)
Shinx
[Xaciz] Shinx (M)
Energy: 87%

Team Phantom (ØOO)
electrike
[Blitz] Electrike (F)
Energy: 98%
Status: “Oh, he’s such a handsome little thing!” Attracted (Severe; 75% chance of infatuation). Special Attack -2.​

Arena Notes

•Howl: 2% energy
•Attract: 6% energy
•Captivate: 5% energy

Notes
•Blitz was infatuated on actions 2 and 3.
•If Xaciz continues with this, I don’t see Blitz’s attraction fading any time soon.
•I love writing this stuff~

Next Round
•Eon Spirit attacks
•Phantom attacks
•I ref

Last edited:
Xaciz has Intimidate ability, and your Howl cancelled out that Attack drop. Sorry, I should've made that more clear.

Keep Howling and double team at the end, unless she can get an attack out, then protect if it'll hurt you, or attract you...

Howl/Protect ~ Howl/Protect ~ Duble Team (2)/Protect

Hmm, looks like they are playing hardball... They are lying to you Blitz they don't really love you!

Okay, you don't want them to run from you do you? No! Use Thunder Wave until they get paralyzed that attack doesn't "hurt" per se, once that works use Thunder, then Howl.

Thunder Wave~Thunder~Howl

3vs3 single

Imperial Legion:

Effects:

Round Eight Begin!

Team Eon Spirit (ØOO)
Shinx
[Xaciz] Shinx (M)
Energy: 87%

Team Phantom (ØOO)
electrike
[Blitz] Electrike (F)
Energy: 98%
Status: “Oh, he’s such a handsome little thing!” Attracted (Severe; 75% chance of infatuation). Special Attack -2.​

Lying? Her trainer said that cute little Shinx was LYING? Of course he wasn’t! He’s so cute! He just couldn’t be lying! He was so cute, and his compliments were so genuine…The little Electrike spends yet another action swooning over her opponent.

Xaciz grins. He may just actually have a date after this battle is over! He tosses his head to the sky and howls into the air. The crowd cheers again, and he feels himself get a bit stronger. He does it again while his opponent is still infatuated, and yet again feels a rush of power inside his body. He just kept getting stronger.

Meanwhile, Blitz is getting a little bit bored. Why isn’t her love complimenting her and being generally attractive? Isn’t that what any good boyfriend is supposed to do? Well, maybe if she shows off her power again he’ll finally start complimenting her again. She raises her own head to the sky and makes a howl of her own, loud and clear. The crowd cheers even louder for her than for Xaciz, and the little Shinx looks in jealousy. Why couldn’t his Howl do that?

Well, whatever. He takes off, beginning to run in circles. Blitz follows the blue cub with her eyes, but soon gets dizzy. She shakes her head to see the Xaciz come to a stop…with two more of him sitting directly behind him. What kind of nonsense was this? Well, at least she had more of him to love!

Round Eight End!

Team Eon Spirit (ØOO)
Shinx
[Xaciz] Shinx (M)
Energy: 78%
Status: A bit tired of this lovey-dovey thing. Looking for some more action. Attack +3.

Team Phantom (ØOO)
electrike
[Blitz] Electrike (F)
Energy: 96%
Status: “Yay, more of him!” Attracted (Moderate; 50% chance of infatuation). Special Attack -2. Attack +1.​

Arena Notes

•Double Team: 5% energy

Notes
•WHY DO I FEEL COMPELLED TO REF EVERY BATTLE ASAP IT’S WASTING MY FREE TIME whatever it’s better for you people.
•To Phantom: I don’t think what you ordered was what you meant, but I used what you actually typed. However, I think what you actually meant was Thunder Wave ~ Thunder Wave/Thunder ~ Thunder Wave/Thunder/Howl. But…

Next Round
•Phantom attacks
•Eon Spirit attacks
•I ref

Last edited:
^ Damn it that is what I meant...

Also in the little... er intro thingy, you have me sending out Eon's pokemon lol, just bothered me. :D

LISTEN TO YOUR TRAINER! He doesn't mean it! Now get off your lazy green and yellow arse and ATTACK THAT KITTY! GRRRR *Continues to rant at Blitz*

*builds RNG shrines*

NOW, Thunder Wave first, then use Substitute say 10%, then Thunder Fang, unless Thunder Wave didn't work the first time, then redo Thunder Wave.

Thunder Wave~Sub 10%~Thunder Fang/Thunder Wave

Last edited:
Alright, play times over, Leer than Crunch Twicefold

*builds more RNG shrine than Phantom*

Leer ~ Crunch ~ Crunch

3vs3 single

Imperial Legion:

Effects:

Round Eight Begin!

Team Eon Spirit (ØOO)
Shinx
[Xaciz] Shinx (M)
Energy: 78%
Status: A bit tired of this lovey-dovey thing. Looking for some more action. Attack +3.

Team Phantom (ØOO)
electrike
[Blitz] Electrike (F)
Energy: 96%
Status: “Yay, more of him!” Attracted (Moderate; 50% chance of infatuation). Special Attack -2. Attack +1.​

Blitz is starting to get bored with her opponent. Why won’t he do anything? Well, she thinks, He can taste a Thunder Wave. Maybe that will get him to act like a proper boyfriend. She opens her mouth, gathering sparks in it, and launches a wave of electricity at Xaciz. Even though the Shinx is an electric-type, the Thunder Wave sinks into its skin and stiffens its muscles.

Well, that was rude! Xaciz makes up his mind to make life as horrible for his opponent as possible, and glares at the Electrike coldly. His gaze sinks into Blitz’s mind, impaling itself there for a very long time. Xaciz grins evilly. That was what she deserved!

What a jerk! How DARE Xaciz look at her like that. Blitz scowls and begins to dig up a pile of dirt. Soon she has a small pile unearthed. She wills part of her life force into the dirt, which promptly forms itself into a brown Electrike figure. The Substitute hops in front of its creator ready to protect her from any of her assailant’s assaults. Meanwhile, Xaciz tries to move to bite that little freak, but his muscles have stiffened up. He is completely unable to move.

Blitz smiles. He wasn’t gonna attack? Well, that just means more attacks for her! The Electrike lunges forward, her mouth open and her teeth crackling with electricity. She reaches Xaciz and chomps down on him. The Shinx cringes in pain, and then tries to bite her as hard as he can. Unfortunately, he feels dirt in his jaws. He has bitten the Substitute on accident, and although it made the thing crumble it means hes missed his target.

Round Nine End!

Team Eon Spirit (ØOO)
Shinx
[Xaciz] Shinx (M)
Health:93%
Energy: 63%
Status: Annoyed. Paralyzed (Moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis). Attack +3.

Team Phantom (ØOO)
electrike
[Blitz] Electrike (F)
Health: 90%
Energy: 82%
Status: How dare he pull a dirty trick like that! Special Attack -2. Attack +1. Defense -1.​

Arena Notes

•Thunder Wave: 3% energy
•Leer: 4% energy
•Substitute: 5% energy, -10% health
•Thunder Fang: 7% damage, 6% energy
•Crunch: 15% damage, 11% energy

Notes
•WHY DO I FEEL COMPELLED TO REF EVERY BATTLE ASAP IT’S WASTING MY FREE TIME whatever it’s better for you people. Part II. It was fun this time, though!
•To Phantom: Too late…
•Xaciz was fully paralyzed on the second action.
•Sorry, Phantom. I’ll go change that detail later, when I’m not as tired.

Next Round
•Eon Spirit attacks
•Phantom attacks
•I ref

Last edited:
Grrr, paralisys...

Alright Rest then sleep talk twice

Rest ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk

3vs3 single

Imperial Legion:

Effects:

Round Ten Begin!

Team Eon Spirit (ØOO)
Shinx
[Xaciz] Shinx (M)
Health:93%
Energy: 63%
Status: Annoyed. Paralyzed (Moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis). Attack +3.

Team Phantom (ØOO)
electrike
[Blitz] Electrike (F)
Health: 90%
Energy: 82%
Status: How dare he pull a dirty trick like that! Special Attack -2. Attack +1. Defense -1.​

Blitz has no intention to give up any time soon, even if her opponent is handicapped. The electrike speeds toward Xaciz, opening her jaws as wide as possible. As soon as she gets close, she slams them down on the Shinx’s body as hard as she can. The Shinx cringes in pain, feeling some of his bones weaken a little. By now, Xaciz doesn’t mind taking a nap, and curls up on the ground to sleep.

Blitz stares at her opponent. Pathetic. That thing’s going to sleep right in the middle of a battle? Absolutely pathetic. She decides to teach him a lesson with another Crunch. Like before, the Electrike dashes forward to her sleeping opponent and bites him as hard as she can. Xaciz’s defensive membranes weaken a little again, but the little cub doesn’t stir. Instead, it mumbles a few words and releases a wave of electricity. Blitz struggles to avoid the Shock Wave, but fails.

That insolent little—Attacking in his sleep? Well, she’d have to teach him to battle the right way. For the third time, Blitz launches forward and chomps Xaciz’s body as hard as she can. Also for the third time, the Shinx’s defenses lower even more. But despite the harsh attack, Xaciz stirs, still not opening his eyes, and dashes towards Blitz. His body is coated with electricity, and as the attack hits the Electrike, Blitz has to admit that it hurts a lot for a not-very-effective attack. However, the electric buildup from the attack shocks Xaciz, who is shaken awake by the recoil. He looks around himself, wondering what just happened while he was asleep.

Round Ten End!

Team Eon Spirit (ØOO)
Shinx
[Xaciz] Shinx (M)
Health:70%
Energy: 35%
Status: Tired and groggy, and in bad shape. Attack +3. Defense -3.

Team Phantom (ØOO)
electrike
[Blitz] Electrike (F)
Health: 74%
Energy: 58%
Status: “I’m STILL winning.” Special Attack -2. Attack +1. Defense -1.​

Arena Notes

•Crunch: 10% damage,8% energy
•Rest: 9% energy
•Crunch: 12% damage, 8% energy
•Sleep Talk/Shock Wave: 4% damage, 7% energy
•Crunch: 14% damage, 8% energy
•Sleep Talk/Wild Charge: 8% damage (4% recoil), 12% energy

Notes
•HOW I REF REST: Each action the user is asleep, it restores 1/3 of the depleted HP that was depleted at time of use.
•Sleep Talk rolled Shock Wave, then Wild Charge.
•Sorry this reffing came so late; I just wasn’t really in the mood tonight.
•ALL THREE Crunches ended up lowering Xaciz’s defense. Eon Spirit, you’d better start making offerings to the RNG gods.

Next Round
•Phantom attacks
•Eon Spirit attacks
•I ref

Back
Top Bottom