• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eon Void, AKA The Rift

I think it's kind of weird that you have a 'Graveyard' forum- I don't really like it. Wouldn't it be easier to delete the threads, or just close them and leave them be?
If you must, move the thing out of the Sitely section or something, or hide it from users/guests.
We don't really need to see a bunch of moved 'bad' topics.

Okay.

Let's see... I'll take away the graveyards and their guidelines... it's the best thing to do.

I joined as... the same as here.
I've noticed one thing - the banner is a bit tall, and it stretches the top table a bit too much.
Not to be pushy or anything, but can I be a mod?
Also, if you don't want to, I would be happy to make some buttons to replace all of the default ones.
EDIT: On the Splutnik style, every other post's text is a bit hard to read.

Last edited:
I'll check into that... I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll get to it as soon as possible.

EDIT: Just about everyone is a mod, and I'm looking for more members 'cause we need more members than mods, but at the same time I want most boards to have two or three mods...

EDIT2: Scratch that, everyone is a mod. *facepalm*

Last edited:
Generally, forum admins do not make almost everyone who asks them a mod. Everyone starts as a member and you pick the people you believe are trustworthy, follow the rules and contribute a lot. I realize that you have a lot of friends here, but giving out responsibilities on a forum (because that's what moderators have--responsibilities, not just a fancy title) should ideally be based entirely on merit, not just friends or whoever asks when the board is first starting up. I don't know, maybe you do have valid reasons for making all six people who asked you moderators, but it's generally bad practice. Even if all of your friends mean well, you don't know for a fact that they will always be able to handle moderation properly. You could just create a special user group for your friends if all they want is a little recognition as such.

...and quite frankly, I think it's childish and selfish for people to just come up and ask for modship like that. Make sure that you understand what it means and then earn it, people.

Your news fader is also awkward. Did you intend to say "...the spaces between the spaces between..." in the first part? And "if your allegiance qualifies me" makes absolutely no grammatical sense. I'm really not sure what you're trying to say--is it just part of a story/setting type thing, or some sort of board affiliation requirement, or...? You probably meant something like "If you qualify for a position as one of my allies".

*Facepalm again* that was long.

I have absolutely no idea what to do now... your post has confuzzled my instincts and thoughts.... and something makes me sigh...
EDIT: I removed most of the extra mods, but kept a note of them in my usernotes just in case I decide them to be mods again, but Kratos Aurion has really lowered my confidents on having any mods besides my sister.

Last edited:
If you tell me exactly what confused you, I can clarify.

I'm not saying that your friends can't be mods; I'm just saying you have to observe them for a while and make sure that they're up to the job. There's a reason that Butterfree doesn't let just anyone who asks her be a mod. It's actually in the forum rules.

If you really think that your friends are responsible enough to uphold the rules, deal with spammers appropriately, handle conflicts between other members, understand how to use their moderator functions as they work on Proboards (giving warnings, closing threads, etc.) then they can be mods. But "moderator" is not intended to be just a name you give to whoever asks first. As I said, if you just want to give them special recognition for being your friends, create a "friend" usergroup and add them into it.

I never said I couldn't understand it, I only said it was in conflict with my opposing thoughts.

Well, ultimately it's your decision. Let me put it this way: you don't have to feel pressured to make all of your friends moderators if they ask, unless you really think they're up for it.

(I still think it's rude to bombard you with requests like that, though.)

I don't suppose I would do that...I just saw people do it so I did...I'm glad you accepted me but I suppose a mod wouldn't ask to be one. Sorryfulls again.

As you see, some people are good at lowering others' confidence :/

And EeveeSkitty, this gave me an idea. In your writing about the nature/forums, "fire" could be hackers.

Look, I wasn't trying to discourage everyone, I was just trying to be realistic and make sure everyone knew exactly what they were talking about. Sheesh. :/

Back
Top Bottom