• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eysenck personality test

Minnow

If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens!
I know we've had several threads about mbti or multiple intelligences or what have you, but what about the Eysenck test?
This test reflects the ideas of Hans Eysenck a pioneer in the field of personality research. Through research and statistical analysis he determined that personality is composed of three main elements: Extroversion, Neuroticism, and Psychoticism. Most current researchers agree on the significance of the first two traits, but there is less consensus on the third (so he may be wrong about it's central importance but it clearly plays some role in personality). Most people will score lower on Psychoticism. While Psychoticism implies more negative qualities than the other two traits (typically), a link has been found is several studies between higher creativity and higher scores on Psychoticism.
Here's what I got:

Extroversion (sociability) 52%
Neuroticism (emotionality) 44%
Psychoticism (rebelliousnes) 28%

Extroversion results were medium which suggests you are moderately talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting.
Neuroticism results were moderately low which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.
Psychoticism results were low which suggests you are overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense too often of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Alternatively:

plot.php

Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||||| 60%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||| 36%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||||||| 65%

Extroversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Neuroticism results were moderately low which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Psychoticism results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others.

I'm also in about the middle of the sanguine section of the graph.

/hairflip

Just because I'm a genius and you're not~*~*~

Extroversion (sociability) 18%
Neuroticism (emotionality) 73%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) 53%

plot.php

*sane, stable person*

Extroversion (sociability): 25%
Neuroticism (emotionality): 60%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness): 33%

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.
Neuroticism results were moderately high which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.
Psychoticism results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

plot.php

Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||| 37%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||||||| 62%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||| 30%

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Neuroticism results were moderately high which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Psychoticism results were low which suggests you are overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense too often of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||||||||| 77%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||| 38%

Extroversion results were high which suggests you are overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense too often of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Psychoticism results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

plot.php

This sounds quite accurate actually!

plot.php

Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||||| 54%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||||||| 70%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||| 38%

Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were medium which suggests you are moderately talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting.

Neuroticism results were high which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Sounds exactly right!

....and the same as the test results from Butterfree's personality tests...

Am I really a perpetually self-sacrificing nervous, self-critical girl who likes to help others while neglecting her own mental state? Or am I just a miserable car-crash of a person entirely by her own doing and needs to fix it and find healthier ways to be sociable than desperate clinginess due to an all-encompassing fear of dying alone? Hmmm...

Last edited:
Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||| 11%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||| 48%

Or in other words:

11jugj8.png

:D

Extroversion (sociability) |||||| 27%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||||||| 68%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||| 20%

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

plot.php

Pretty much me!

Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||| 49%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||| 26%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||| 43%

Neuroticism results were low which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

plot.php
I have strikethroughed the parts I don't agree with.

...I'm not sure I like that outcome. =/

plot.php

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Psychoticism results were medium medium which suggests you are moderately self interested, willful, and difficult, while still respecting the well being of others.

plot.php

Extroversion (sociability) |||||| 30%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||||||| 64%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||||| 56%

Psychoticism results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others

I sound like a delightful person. :D

Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||| 38%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||| 46%

Psychoticism results were medium medium which suggests you are moderately self interested, willful, and difficult, while still respecting the well being of others.

plot.php

plot.php

Extroversion (sociability) |||| 16%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||| 48%

Extroversion results were very low which suggests you are extremely reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Neuroticism results were high which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Pretty accurate. *slinks off*

Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||| 32%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||||||||| 80%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||| 50%

plot.php

Sounds about right

Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||| 40%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||| 40%

plot.php

Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||| 42%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||||||||| 77%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||| 46%

plot.php

Everything looks about right, though I think social ability could've been a bit higher. Meh, I took the test truthfully, I can't complain

"Medium medium" O_o

I know we've had several threads about mbti or multiple intelligences or what have you, but what about the Eysenck test?
Here's what I got:

Extroversion (sociability) 49%
Neuroticism (emotionality) 27%
Psychoticism (rebelliousnes) 33%

Same results, but different percentages in bold.
I laughed at the psychoticism one. Others? Kindness? Pft.

Extroversion (sociability) |||||| 30%
Neuroticism (emotionality) |||| 19%
Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||| 40%

Neuroticism results were low which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Don't really agree with the psychoticism assessment (would've expected something higher) but okay, sure.

Back
Top Bottom