• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fairly Interesting Mafia [VILLAGER WIN]

Re: Fairly Interesting Mafia [Day 1]

What the fuck? Do I really have to claim? That would be a super bad idea, but I'll do it if I really have to.

Abstain for now to fight the looming bandwagon.

Why do you suspect me except the fact that I'm not dead? A Mafia would be far more likely to go for a moderately experienced rather than the most-experienced player, who would be most likely to get healed on the first night. This just means we have a smart Mafia.

Re: Fairly Interesting Mafia [Day 1]

Sorry, guys, busy day today; I won't be able to get on later. I have to end today early.

No one is dead. You have 48 hours for night actions.

Re: Fairly Interesting Mafia [Day 2]

Note: I only received five night actions. Out of fifteen. Come on, guys. Remember, no (non-optional) night action for three nights and you're screwed.

Loretta is screaming again. Accompanying her today is her friend Maria, also a prostitute. Both faint at the sight, falling awkwardly on top of each other.

Having been alerted, the Mayor comes out to see the crime. "Not again." He strokes his beard-less chin agonizingly. The Coroner comes and confirms the death.

Spike is dead, and was Not Mafia. You have 48 hours for discussion.

Question for Aobaru since I don't see it mentioned at the top of the page: If someone doesn't turn in their night action, do you randomize it, or just have it not happen?

If the latter, we should probably be going after our players who are active, since the Mafia would have to be one of the 5 night-action-turn-in-ers. If the former, I don't think we can assume one way or the other that the Mafia is inactive or not.

5 out of 15 is sort of pitiful... and I would like to know the answer to that question too.

Well, I don't have an active night action, so it's not my fault.

In other news, hey, Jack's still alive! Despite claiming to have an important role! I'd have thought the Mafia would have been right on that. Well, two options: he was protected, or he's Mafia. I think the latter. Hooray for votes.

In other news, hey, Jack's still alive! Despite claiming to have an important role! I'd have thought the Mafia would have been right on that. Well, two options: he was protected, or he's Mafia. I think the latter. Hooray for votes.

Since you're going to be jumping on this every day until I get lynched or get night-killed, I'll go ahead and come out now: I'm a* Cop. Both Dannichu and ole_schooler are innocent.

*Or maybe the Cop, IDK.

Since you're going to be jumping on this every day until I get lynched or get night-killed, I'll go ahead and come out now: I'm a* Cop. Both Dannichu and ole_schooler are innocent.

*Or maybe the Cop, IDK.

Oh. Well. Darn. See, that's a nice claim to make if you're mafia...but you're also vouching for my innocence. Hmm. So much for that theory. Good job healers?

Guess I'll swap to abstain for now. Sorry.

Good job healers?

Since we had a kill, I'd be more inclined to say thanks to the Mafia for predicting that I'd be healed. And also good job healers for not double-heal-killing me.

I'd prefer to lynch (as I always do), but we really have no leads yet. Anybody have anything to add to the discussion? Especially people that haven't yet posted?

Hmm, well there are no leads. Or anything else. Since I'm new and can't analyze flavor text like Jack, I abstain.

Ah, Squirtles, there are far from no leads. We have plenty of possible leads:

So we know that the Mafia made a kill and absent night actions aren't randomized. Wonderful, that means the killer is active during the night and therefore probably active during the day, so we can narrow it down a bit.

Player list, ordered by number of posts:
6 (7, with this one) Jack_the_PumpkinKing
5 Legendaryseeker99
5 InvaderSyl
4 ole_schooler
4 Seritinajii
3 Chief Zackrai
2 I liek Squirtles
1 Mai
1 Wargle

No posts:
Spike
Phantom
Superbird
Twilight Sparkle
Pig-serpent
Dannichu
Terezi Pyrope

Obviously this doesn't totally clear our inactives (they may still be Mafia trying to fake us out with apparent inactiveness), but we do have a relatively small pool of actives on whom the most suspicion is thrown.

Unless the rest of you object (which is totally understandable to me) I think it'd be a nice strategy if we had one (not more) of our doctors come forward and claim. That way I can go down the list inspecting everyone, the claimed doctor can heal me, and (assuming we have a second doctor, which is extremely probable unless it's already died) the doctor who hasn't yet claimed can heal the claimed doctor. This way I can inspect without worrying about being Mafia'd or healer clash'd.

(I would go straight down the above list from the top, so if we have an active Vigilante, it might want to avoid killing the same person I'm inspecting that night.)

Ole_schooler also has a lot of experience playing mafia so before we enact this plan I'd like to hear whether he thinks it's good or stupid. Some of my plans tend to get overly complicated and stupid.

This sounds like a good idea.
I didn't know I was one of the lead posters o.0

Right! Sorry guys, my computer is being silly and crashing constantly, so I've not been on the internet much of late. Unfortunately I've nothing very useful to add (I'm one of the people who neglected to send in a night action - sorry!), but I'm heeeeeere don't lynch me for being inactive.

I like Jack's plan, although it relies on having two doctors (and if one is dead, or there never were two doctors, or there are three doctors, it falls out the window). Since this game was intended for twenty players, some roles were cut, and it's possible that there may be only one doctor. Regretfully, there's not a way to get around this other than testing it. So, if there's a doctor out there who's feeling brave, please state who you are and that you'll be healing Jack. Note that if you do declare, you run a high risk of dying tonight. However, if there are any bodyguards (folks who can protect another) I'd much rather you stood in front of Jack, or the doctor (if they reveal themselves).

Please keep in mind, however, that anyone could be lying through their teeth, and that we have no guarantee any roles do or do not exist.

Back
Top Bottom