• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fandom Mafia 2 [TOWN WIN]

Re: Fandom Mafia 2 (Game in Progress)

lololol I was right, you were all wrong, deal with it
url
Oh you, go back to being dead Mr. Mercury.

Isn't Oracle not supposed to be able to ask questions about alignment? Because then it's a just more powerful inspector that can also find out numbers and pther things
I think you're right, Wargle. I'm unsure of this :/

Oracles are unable to find out a specific (emphasis on specific) person's role or alignment, but it says nothing about proving or disproving a person's claim and using our best judgement on it. Are you guys seriously doubting my powers even after all that's happened? I'm super sure of this, trust me.

then again, I did get Majora and Wargle killed, and indirectly killed Maimi and hopeandjoy, and all four of you guys had super important roles.

...go back to being dead, Majora and Wargle.

Oracles are unable to find out a specific (emphasis on specific) person's role or alignment, but it says nothing about proving or disproving a person's claim and using our best judgement on it. Are you guys seriously doubting my powers even after all that's happened? I'm super sure of this, trust me.

then again, I did get Majora and Wargle killed, and indirectly killed Maimi and hopeandjoy, and all four of you guys had super important roles.

...go back to being dead, Majora and Wargle.
I'm not doubting your powers, I'm saying *if* you're telling the truth then oracle was way too powerful this game and we would not have been able to win without it. That's not usually how oracles work in games.

The day was drawing to a close. The townspeople had cast their suspicions on one man, and although his alibi was plausible, they had no doubt in their minds that this man was the one secretly plotting their demise.

Just as the sun began to set, and the shadows of dusk began to cover them like a suffocating blanket, the unnamed man began laughing. “Well done… well done, indeed. It was indeed I who has murdered your friends. But… what can you do to stop me? I have more power than any of you could ever dream! You couldn’t possibly ki…” The man froze, mid-sentence. Slowly, he turned around, a horrified expression plastered to his face. A stony hand lay on his shoulder. It was the hand of a weeping angel. Before he could even scream, the man had vanished from thin air, leaving no trace of his departure.

After a few unblinking moments of sheer bewilderment, the town began to feel relieved. One by one, they made their way out of the town square, but the small pink blob was cautious not to take his eyes off of the stone angel. The statue began to crumble, however – a side effect of the paradox it had just created. In a cemetery to the North of town, a large headstone with the inscription “MOFFAT” lay damp and worn by the passage of time.

I liek Squirtles is dead. He was Mafia.
The town wins.

-EPILOGUE-

A young Meowstic looked anxiously into the mirror while adjusting her fur. “Don’t worry. You look amazing,” her friend Firestar reassured, “Now go. Knock ‘em dead.”

Meowstic stepped onto the aisle, and met eyes with the groom. France had hired the most expensive suit available for this special day. It was the first interspecial marriage the town had ever performed. It’s wonderful how far we’ve progressed as a society.

Somewhere in the Amazonian rainforest, Professor Layton and Kirby stood at the entrance to the ruins of an ancient temple. “So pink man, are you ready to solve this puzzle?” Kirby, who had put his drug habits behind him, hated that nickname, but smiled and nodded anyway. “Well then, let’s go.” Layton announced, stepping foot into the mysterious ruins.

Player: Flora
Role: Master Xehanort (Mafia Don - Mafia)
Description: You lead the mafia faction and can choose to kill one player during each night phase. Your fellow mafia members are Caliborn (Ether’s Bane) and Steven Moffat (I liek Squirtles).

Player: Majora
Role: Freddie Mercury (Mayor - Innocent)
Description: When you vote during the day, your votes will count as two votes, because you are that awesome.

Player: I liek Squirtles
Role: Steven Moffat (Mafia Inspector - Mafia)
Description: Your ego has become so great that you have started killing characters out of other stories. Frankly, the Doctor Who fans are not all that surprised. Each night, you can inspect another player to learn the name of their character. Your fellow mafia members are Xehanort (Flora) and Caliborn (Ether’s Bane). You will take over as don if you are the last mafia member remaining.

Player: Superbird
Role: Kirby (Universal Backup - Innocent)
Description: You will absorb the role of the first person to die during the game, and will inherit all of that person’s powers.
Player: Maimi
Role: Katara (Doctor - Innocent)
Description: Your healing powers can be used to prevent a player from being killed by the mafia. Each night, you can choose any player (other than yourself) and that player will be immune to night kills.

Player: Whirlpool
Role: Firestar (Innocent Child Cat - Innocent)
Description: Once during the game, you can ask the GM to tell everyone of your innocence.

Player: hopeandjoy
Role: Dick Gumshoe (Inspector - Innocent)
Description: Each night, you may select a player and learn of their alignment.

Player: Ether’s Bane
Role: Caliborn (Mafia Goon - Mafia)
Description: You are truly feared by all the townspeople. Your fellow mafia members are Xehanort (Flora) and Steven Moffat (I liek Squirtles). You will take over as don if Xehanort is dead.

Player: Wargle
Role: Desmond Miles (Vigilante - Innocent)
Description: During the night phase, you may kill any player of your choosing.

Player: Zexion
Role: France (Lover - Innocent)
Description: You are a lover, not a fighter! On the first night, you must choose another player. The two of you will become lovers and may communicate with each other freely. Your goal is to be the last two players remaining. If either you or your lover dies, the other player will die as well.

Player: 1. Luftballon
Role: Kyubey (Incubator - Innocent/Mafia)
Description: Your purpose is to gather energy by collecting the animosity of the other players. If you are killed during the night phase, you become “activated”. When activated, your goal is to harvest the other players’ animosity by having them vote to lynch you. If the town tries to lynch you while you are activated, you win the game.

Player: DarkAura
Role: Espurr (Oracle - Innocent)
Description: Your psychic ability allows you to communicate with the GM telekinetically. Each night you may ask the GM any question about the game, as long as it doesn’t pertain to a specific player or their role. You can ask questions such as “How many mafia members remain?” and “Is there an alien in this game?”

Player: Butterfree
Role: Walter White (Roleblocker - Innocent)
Description: You sell drugs to other players that make them unable to perform their night actions. Each night, you may select another player and prevent their actions from having any effect.

Player: Dar
Role: Greed (Bomber - Mafia)
Description: Although you are aligned with the mafia faction, you prefer to work on your own. As such, you do not know the other mafia members’ identities, and the mafia does not know of you. At the beginning of the game, you start with THE BOMB. You can choose to pass it on to another player during the night phase. The player who receives THE BOMB will be able to pass it on to another player during the next night phase, but in doing so, there is a 1 in 10 chance that it will explode, killing the person before they can get rid of it. If a player does not pass on THE BOMB, it will explode automatically. If THE BOMB has already exploded, you may create another. In addition to this power, your Ultimate Shield protects you from a single kill during the night.

Player: Alligates
Role: Professor Layton (Tracker - Innocent)
Description: Each night, you may look for clues by tracking another player. You will then discover who this person targeted with their night action, if they have one.
N0:
Zexion becomes lovers with DarkAura.
Butterfree blocks Maimi.
Flora kills 1. Luftballon.
1. Luftballon becomes the activated alien.
hopeandjoy inspects Flora (Result: “Flora is Mafia.”)
I liek Squirtles inspects Butterfree (Result: “Butterfree is Walter White.”)
Alligates tracks Superbird (Result: “Superbird did not target anyone.”)
DarkAura asks “Is there a vigilante in the game?” (Answer: “Yes”)
Dar passes THE BOMB to DarkAura.

D1:
No one is lynched.

N1:
Butterfree blocks Maimi.
Flora kills Butterfree.
Maimi tries to heal Superbird, but is blocked.
hopeandjoy inspects 1. Luftballon (Result: “1. Luftballon is Mafia.”)
Alligates tracks Butterfree (Result: “Butterfree targeted Maimi.”)
DarkAura asks “What was the reason for there being no deaths on N0 (Doctor heal, alien activation, inactive mafia, etc.)?” (Answer: “An alien was activated.”)
DarkAura passes THE BOMB to Maimi.
Superbird absorbs Butterfree’s role and becomes a roleblocker.

D2:
No one is lynched.

N2:
Superbird blocks 1. Luftballon.
Wargle kills 1. Luftballon.
hopeandjoy inspects Ether’s Bane (Result: “Ether’s Bane is Mafia.”)
Alligates tracks hopeandjoy (Result: “hopeandjoy targeted Ether’s Bane.”)
I liek Squirtles inspects Superbird (Result: “Superbird is Kirby.”)
DarkAura asks “How many players are mafia?” (Answer: “There are four mafia-aligned players.”)
Maimi does not pass on THE BOMB. Maimi explodes.

D3:
Dar is lynched.

N3:
Superbird blocks Flora.
Flora tries to kill DarkAura, but is blocked.
hopeandjoy inspects DarkAura (Result: “DarkAura is Innocent.”)
Alligates tracks Zexion (Result: “Zexion did not target anyone.”)
I liek Squirtles inspects Wargle (Result: “Wargle is Desmond Miles.”)
DarkAura asks “How many Vanilla townies are currently alive in this game?” (Answer: “Zero”)

D4:
Flora is lynched.

N4:
Superbird blocks Ether’s Bane.
Ether’s Bane tries to kill DarkAura, but is blocked.
Wargle kills Ether’s Bane.
hopeandjoy inspects Whirlpool (Result: “Whirlpool is Innocent.”)
Alligates tracks I liek Squirtles (Result: “I liek Squirtles targeted Zexion.”)
I liek Squirtles inspects Zexion (Result: “Zexion is France.”)
DarkAura asks “Is there a mayor currently alive in this game?” (Answer: “Yes”)

D5:
Wargle is lynched.

N5:
Superbird blocks Alligates.
I liek Squirtles kills hopeandjoy.
hopeandjoy inspects Alligates (Result: “Alligates is Innocent.”)
Alligates tries to track Majora, but is blocked.
DarkAura asks “Has the last remaining mafia member currently alive claimed watcher/tracker/whatever it's called?” (Answer: “No”)

D6:
Majora is lynched.

N6:
Superbird blocks I liek Squirtles.
I liek Squirtles tries to kill Superbird, but is blocked.
Alligates tracks Superbird (Result: “Superbird targeted I liek Squirtles.”)
DarkAura asks “Has the last remaining mafia member currently alive claimed bodyguard?” (Answer: “Yes”)

D7:
I liek Squirtles is lynched.
Town wins.

I didn't play this game, but as the only active mod in the mafia forum, I've changed your title accordingly. Good job, town!

Vanilla Mongoose said:
Somewhere in the Amazonian rainforest, Professor Layton and Kirby stood at the entrance to the ruins of an ancient temple. “So pink man, are you ready to solve this puzzle?” Kirby, who had put his drug habits behind him, hated that nickname, but smiled and nodded anyway.
brb dying laughing

THAT EPILOGUE IS THE GREATEST THING EVER

anyways. dang. I forgot that forum!mafia doesn't typically have uninformed!miller. which ruined my credibility. :( which is a shame because riku makes a perfect miller. which i should keep in mind for my theoretically KH mafia in which instead of dying people become Already-Half-Xehanort

great game, everyone!

I thought Self Healer was somewhat credible. Maybe. All of the other roles from the three fandoms I sent (AC, Battlefield, Mass Effect) were either Mafia or Vig sounding.

My death was beautiful...

Killing Butterfree did us in for the long run.

I love how my random fake claim totally worked. Up until the end, at least.

I'm not doubting your powers, I'm saying *if* you're telling the truth then oracle was way too powerful this game and we would not have been able to win without it. That's not usually how oracles work in games.

To be fair, I pretty much screwed over at least four innocents on account of my hasty decisions, so that kind of draws away from any overpoweredness. And... yes they do? They ask a question that doesn't pertain to a specific person's role or alignment and they get an answer.

Ha, this was such a fun game! Besides the fact that I got Majora and Wargle killed, and Maimi bombed, and indirectly killed hopeandjoy on account of the mafia being unable to attack me or Zexion without drawing suspicion to ILS. And besides the fact that I kind of went my own way about halfway in and kind of left Zexion in the dust... Sorry guys! But at least the Town won, right?

And besides the fact that I kind of went my own way about halfway in and kind of left Zexion in the dust...
The Lover was left by his chosen lover. A sad tale. A happy ending, however! Good game guys!

I gotta say this was entertaining as fuck to watch. Good game guys. I wish I'd made it in.

Seriously, you guys had me guessing. Good work!

This mafia has reminded me that I need to play Kingdom Hearts and watch Breaking Bad.

Also, for the record, I've never played Professor Layton or Assassin's Creed and I've never read Warriors. I had firsthand knowledge of the other fandoms though.

Back
Top Bottom