• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fandom Mafia 4 [Game]

... Well, then again, our mystery inspector from two days ago claims they got no investigative results N1, so, claiming an N1 block might actually be a phenomenally bad idea.

But as for actual scumhunting, I may have an actual angle for us to pursue: the lack of a death N1. This probably wasn't ILS's doing, since he healed Wargle that night. Inactive mafia seems unlikely to be the matter, also, since there were deaths before and after that day. Alien activation also seems unlikely -- if it's at all happened over the course of this game, it's most likely to have happened last night. The likeliest remaining possibilities are multiple healers and lucky roleblocking. Therefore -- if we still have a living roleblocker, they should come forward and claim their N1 target.
... Well, then again, our mystery inspector from two days ago claims they got no investigative results N1, so, claiming an N1 block might actually be a phenomenally bad idea.

So if ILS healed Wargle, the mafia targeted someone else who was protected somehow, and the mystery inspector got no results (I guess via roleblock, jailer or similar?), then we have to deduce that either the mafia and jailer both targeted the inspector, or we have a total of three of the following roles [ healer, jailer, roleblock, etc ], right?

If so, that would fill up nearly all of the living player list, no? We've got 9 people left alive; 2 or 3 of the above + 1 inspector + 2 or 3 mafia + 1 whatever Altissimo/Autumn is = 6 or 7 or 8.

I guess this is as good a time as any for me to softclaim that I'm none of the things on that list, so if we add me, that's 7 or 8 or 9 — meaning we know, approximately, all or almost all of the remaining roles, even if we don't know who matches up to what.

Right? Or is my logic totally flawed? (I wrote this all in one stream-of-consciousness strand, so I may very well have missed a big logical fallacy, lol.)

If it helps, I'm none of those roles either. So that'd make 8 or 9 if your logic's sound.

Yeah, I think that would put us at the following:

1. mafia
2. mafia
3. inspector
4. healer — ILS
5. healer/jailer/roleblocker
6. something self-aligned — Autumn
7. my role
8. DarkAura's role
9. Stryke's role ("kinda" not one of the above)

Of course mafia are not gonna truthfully identify themselves (and I wouldn't be surprised if our mystery inspector was also hesitant to claim to be something on the list and be a potential mafia target), so if and when more people claim that they're something not on that list, obviously either my logic's faulty or one or more people are lying about their role.

Stryke has been cleared as town by flipping, and MF too by our mystery inspector. Autumn is self-aligned, confirmed by flipping. ILS is effectively confirmed town by healing Stryke and Autumn.

That leaves me, Flora, DA, Stryke, Faorzia and MD, right?

It's probably still too early in the game to massclaim, but since I, DA and Stryke have softclaimed, do the other three of you (Flora, Faorzia, MD) mind doing so, too? Are your roles on the above list, or not on it?

Hey everyone, I'm flying back to Stockholm tonight so I'll be unavailable for a day or two. I'll try to get a post up tonight though!

iirc Stryke has a jack-of-all-trades sort of role, right? and darkaura's not on your list and I'm not on it either. although right now I think i'm somewhat useless.

however! I do have a possible other justification for Things That Happened that I am not sure that I want to share right now. I might be a reason that your logic is a bit off???

iirc Stryke has a jack-of-all-trades sort of role, right?/QUOTE]

Well, I don't remember stating it anywhere, but yeah, I might as well say it: I do. Mega Mans main attribute is that he eventually gets 8 different weapons with different uses, right? Well, I have 8 different night actions, with each one being related to a power in MM2. Some of them are simple, like a preventing someone from using a night action, or shielding a person from all night actions directed at them, but others are a bit more interesting. The catch is that I can use each power exactly once. Anyway, yeah.

Worthless? You wish; I still got some tricks up my sleeve.

Well... let's just say theres more than one way to skin a cat.

Neither am I... well, I AM, kinda, but not in the way you're thinking. Anyway, that brings us to 9, right?

ehh it just sounded like that when you were confronting wargle and talking roles earlier today. in any case it doesn't matter much bc you're confirmed town, but I am doubting the logic of the list jack posted bc there are at least three of us that don't fit here?

Hmmm, that shakes things up a little bit. For all we know the N1 no-death was one of those powers at work.

Stryke, if you roleblocked anyone N1, sharing who that was would be very useful, as would be the results from any information-gathering power you may have used by now. Any other night actions you take, though, should be kept inscrutable for now -- that way, the mafia won't know what to expect. And, well, keep any smack talk as vague as possible.

Nope, didn't role block anyone that night, and the only info I gathered was that tidbit on Wargle.

This day is lasting quite awhile, so I'm guessing VM wants us to actually vote on what to do instead of just abstaining by default as the timer runs out. Do we want to abstain, or try lynching somebody?

I don't really have any suspicions I'm confident enough in yet, but on the other hand abstaining won't get us any closer to winning.

I notice that Flora hasn't participated since the first day. That probably means she's not the mafia member(s) doing the killing, but she could easily be an inactive secondary mafioso. And whether she's town or mafia, she's not exactly helping us either way.

Would it be a good idea to lynch her? Or abstain? Or just sit here slowly talking, waiting for VM to decide to change the phase of his own volition?

Honestly, thats who I was thinking of lynching, for pretty much that reason. And since we have 5 living people that aren't confirmed town or mafia, our odds of lynching a mafiosi out of them are pretty good. And for the cherry on top, her character, Neku Sakuraba, even though he was the good guy and protagonist of his game, he was kind of a jerk to begin with, which leads me to suspect that she's mafiosi. It's pretty farfetchd, I know, but with how strangely the game has been going, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. So, with those points in mind, I kind of think we should lynch Flora... any objections/flaws in my logic I'm overlooking/otherwise?

So, I'm going to be on a plane for like all day today, and after that I don't know when my next opportunity will be to post the end of day results. So let's shake things up a bit to make things interesting.

The phase ends in 5 hours.

The restless townspeople turned their anger toward Neku Sakuraba, who had been rather antisocial the entire time. He wasn't helping them to uncover the mafia, so what if he was one of them? Pulling out a length of piano wire, one of the townspeople snuck up behind Neku while he was arguing about his innocence, and strangled the boy. One of the townspeople, a Swiss doctor, was pleading with the assassin to stop, but the other townspeople held her back. Neku, his face turned blue, collapsed to the ground, dead from asphyxiation.

Flora has died. She was TOWN.

"Dr. Ziegler, you don't look so good" one of the townspeople commented. "In fact, you've been looking sick all day"

Mercy had gone quiet all of a sudden. Suddenly, she collapsed to the ground, writhing in pain and coughing up blood.

"Dr. Ziegler! Are you okay?" another person shouted.

The doctor stopped moving. One of the townspeople checked her pulse and found that her heart was no longer beating. Heroes... die?

I liek Squirtles has died. He was TOWN.

The townspeople, increasingly alarmed at the loss of their beloved doctor, returned home for the night. This night would be a crucial moment for all of them.

48 hours for night actions.

Back
Top Bottom