• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite Quotes

Re: Best In-Game Quotes

Anthing said by Heath in Pokemon Ranger 2. "Then flash! I have idea come to me. I will use friend-o Keith as bait!"

I find it funny when Norman says "I can't believe it! I was beaten by -your name-!" I called myself "a noob"

Well, I name my rival 'bitch,' so in R/B/Y it was hilarious to hear Gary ask, "Hey gramps! I want one too!" and have Professor Oak say back, "Settle down, bitch."

Here's a bit of comedy gold, when you have deafeated SWimmer Tisha on three island in firered, on the regular screen, she will say, "A pokemon bit through my swimsuit. I can't get out of the water!"
I feel sorry for her, she must be shriveling like a raisin

Post quotes. They can be from the games or animé. GO.

In Platinum, a swimmer said:

When I'm in my bikini, I'm at a loss to where I put my pokéballs!

Yep. Anyways, do what I said above.

omg i fucking lost this when i was typing it all out now i must start again

GAMES

RBY said:
"Whoops! Dropped my balls!"

"Smell ya later!"

"I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

"Eek! Did you touch me?"

"I came when I heard you'd beaten the Elite 4."

GSC said:
everything bye-bye a-go-go rocket guy says

RSE said:

can't remember much in FRLG or HGSS. hell i couldn't remember much in gsc or rse

DPP said:
"What am I, chopped liver? Don't forget, I'm here too!"

"Let me mentor you into becoming a full-fledged spelunker!"

"I'll demonstrate what that means to a noob like you!"

"You insult me to my face? How uncouth."

"Is my outfit great or what? Croagunk's where it's at."

"Cheerio, then! You daft codger, your mask's absurd!"

"The more wonderful the meeting, the sadder the parting."

"The ring is my roiling sea. ♪
The towering waves shaped me.
Crash! Crash! Crasher Wake!
Crash! Crash! Crasher Wake!
I’m the tidal wave of power to wash you away!
Put out the fire, Crasher Wake!
Run from electricity, Crasher Wake!
Ah, ah, aaaah!
The ring is my sea. ♪"

"Hey, I'm practically a grown-up. I have to show some class here."

"Welcome to the Battleground! Make yourself at home like always."

BW said:
"You're never really alone. You're with pokemon, you have friends, and you're always in my thoughts."

"Oh, sweet! The bug pokemon were getting all worked up, so here I come, and what do I spy with my little eye? This important-looking guy!"

"Are you going up? Ok, I need to check you. Frisk... frisk... one more frisk... Ok you don't have anything suspicious, you can go."

"Snick! My switch was turned on!"

"Could it be time to bug out of here? No, no. I refuse to be squashed!"

"Whatever! Losing to you doesn't bug me because you are a-MAZ-ingly strong!
It's the insect bade! It's insectible-- I mean, incredible!
I'm the best guy to tell you, it's the little things that count!"

"Meow meow meow! This sign means have a battle with me!"

"I AM PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true!
Wonderful dreams and ideas give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you!"

"Marvellous Bridge
Truly marvellous! Also a bridge!"

"Heya! This is what I do. I keep raising pokemon and drawing picture inspired by the pokemon I raise. It's what I love to do. My life hums with engery. What could be better?"

"If there is someone in this world who understands you, it feels like they are right next to you, even if you're as far apart as the end of the land and the top of the sky."

"It's not bad to grow up.
But it's bad to forget what it felt like to be a child!"

"...
My old partner is resting here in the Celestial Tower.
It was the first Pokemon I recieved when I became a trainer.
I come here to ring the bell and comfort its spirit.

It was a strong Pokemon. It was courageous, noble and kind...
Together, we madly pursued strength... Without even knowing the meaning of strength.

But in the same way that all stories have a beginning and an end, all lives have an end, as well...
It was then that I understood that strength isn't something that remains unchanged forever.
However, the joy one feels in being with Pokemon--that is the real thing.
In order to spread the word, I left the Pokemon League and kept travelling...
That's right! Travelling is wonderful. I've met many different Pokemon, many different trainers, and now I've met all of you.
There are many more trainers and Pokemon to encounter in the world.

[player]! Go out and meet as many of them as you can!"

also literally every single thing Clay says, but particularly this:
"I don't know how good you really are, but if ya think ya can go, go wherever, and if ya think ya can do somethin', keep doin' it.
Do things how ya want! Decide yer own limits."

missed out tonnes but yes

ANIME

ok so there are literally millions of quotes i could put here but i can't remember much so i will just quote my favourite gym leaders/frontier brains.

Byron said:
"I LOVE THIS HOLE!!!"

"I LOVE DEFENSE!!"

"I LOVE FOSSILS!"

"I LOVE BASTIODON!"

"What?! It can't be! Closer examination reveals this hole was dug BY A MACHINE"

"Just because you're my son doesn't mean I won't whoop ya!"

"I'm telling you I love fossils the most AND THAT IS THAT!"

"You're more mellow than a rice cake coated in sweet honey!" [japanese]

Brandon said:
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"WOULD YOU CARE TO LEARN WHICH POKEMON I INTEND TO USE THEN??
I WILL BE GOING WITH MY REGISTEEL."

and everything else he says because he just sounds so ridiculously angry at everything and it's great

Palmer said:
"Best octillery snacks ever!!!"

"Great! They're sublime! I'll take them all!"

Burgh said:
"Touching each other like this is a way of greeting among friends." [japanese]

"If I tell you, would you understand? It's my ~*PURE HEART*~, that's what it is!"

"A PURE HEART MAKES FOR PROFOUND ART*~*~*~"

"Well, it was nothing, but you Ash... you have awed my pure heart! Incredible*~*~"

also this which cracks me the fuck up
Cilan: And a fruit salad just for you!
Burgh: Say, how did you know this is my favourite?
geddit because burgh IS a fruit salad

Clay said:
[all japanese because no dub yet but watch me come back to this thread in a month]

"Strategy?! What do you mean strategy? Young people should play fair and attack from the front!!"

"Have a look at this pickaxe.
I was about your age when I began excavating this mine together with that Excadrill and this pickaxe, expanding it to its current form.
By contrast, today's youngsters immediately talk about being pokemon masters and the like.
As someone who's made it so far he's called 'Miner King' with a single pickaxe, I can teach you how hard it is to work one's way up!"

"Don't forget the battling spirit you obtained in the underground and work your way up to pokemon master."

also every time in the japanese version when cilan says it's ____ time

Everything Team Din Sun says or does. From the top of my head, trying to pass a Wailmer off as a 'new, high-tech Wailord Mini', two grunts thinking you're a movie star filming on location (in their base) for an action movie and sending Pokemon to attack you to help, and the conversation that you can possibly read in my sig. And I'm only about halfway through the game.

I love Heath's "Can't let you be doing that!" From Shadows of Almia. Really, anything Heath says is hilarious. Also, Mr. Kincaids' infamous "No running in the halls!"

Joey said:
Hey, you aren't wearing shorts!

*Phone call* Hey, you know my shorts? Well, before I battle you, they're silky and clean. But after I battle you, they're groggy and gross...

*Phone call* You know my Rattata? It's in the Top Percentage!

I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

Just a little! I like shortage!

The man in front of Celadon gym said:
Hehehehe, this gym's great! It's full of women!

Red said:

Whitney said:
WAAAH, you big bully!

The Juggler at Silph(?) who says he dropped his balls. A true classic.

I love all the quotes by Lucian at the Canalave Library in Platinum. Some thought was put into those.

In the National Park:
Huh? Why are you staring at me? Oh, a battle?
It's this kind of awkwardness that sets Pokemon apart from the other 'mon games.

Guildmaster Wigglytuff said:
"YOOM-TAH!"

Brock: Right there, a beautiful girl was right there!
Ash: Huh? I don't see one...
Misty: (pulls on his lips) Just turn around!
Ash: Please, only one of us can hallucinate at a time...

Reviser Seed Effect said:
Dar burst into spontaneous laughter and fainted!

For those who don't know, a Reviser Seed is the lookalike item for Reviver Seed in PMD Sky.

Back
Top Bottom