• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favourite Doctor Who.

Well?

• Total voters

S.K

Is taking you from behind.
Who is your favourite doctor?

William Hartnell:
A very good actor and a clever role to start. The angry old man attitude never helped though.

Patrick Troughton:
The most charismatic doctor, a funny comedian and a great predecessor for Hartnell, he gave the show new life and his aspct on the program made it great. His episodes are some of the best, just a shame most of his stories are missing.

Jon Pertwee:
The action doctor. He was good and knew who the doctor was.

Tom Baker:
Famous for his great and unique portrayal of the doctor. There is no more that needs to be said.

Peter Davison:
The doctor has finally been summed up. He gave new life to the doctor and a new side to him. The young doctor was good if a little bland.

Colin Baker:
A great and enthusiastic actor who knew who the doctor should be, highly underrated due to the terms the show was at at the time. We suddenly saw a darker and more cynical doctor and we didn't know who he was anymore.

Sylvester McCoy:
The clown. A good doctor but a bit uneasy. A dark McCoy is a near perfect doctor.

Paul McGann:
A undersung, elegant doctor who who should've stayed for the new series.

Christopher Eccleston:
A hard, destroyed portrayal of the doctor, the ideal view of the doctor, shame he only stayed for one series.

David Tennant:
With a bit of all the doctors before him, David tennant is fun to watch, a clever actor and overall a good doctor.

My favourite is probably Troughton or Colin Baker. Christopher Eccleston is a close second.

I bet Tom Baker will win.

He's my favourite, I haven't watched the old ones for ages. They're only ever on when I can't watch them :(. Most of the episodes I can remember from the old ones are Tom Baker ones; particularly Pyramids of Mars, Genesis of the Daleks, The Stones of Blood, and some episode I can't remember the name of on a space station or something.
I even have an action figure of him :D

I quite like Sylvester McCoy, but only because I was in love with his umbrella.

None of the options is that one doctor in those old dalek films that nobody ever counts as a doctor :(

I prefer Troughton. opal you really do need to watch the Invasion (remade) and the Mind Robber. You will LOVE Troughton. The thing with the classic series is that they were a lot braver back then because nowadays the audience is a lot more demanding.

Tom Baker's early seasons were great. He got a bit tired after Leela.
Invasion of Time is a fun romp.

Trial of a Timelord is my third favourite story of any doctor who ever. Colin Baker really does shine.

If none of these Eccleston was great, theres no denying that.

Favourite stories:-
1.)Rememberance of the Daleks
2.)Earthshock
3.)Trial of a Timelord
4.)Survival
5.)Caves of Androzani
6.)The Sea Devils
7.)The Invasion

^Agreed. Nyssa was the decent companion there, she was side-lined in EVERY FREAKING EPISODE. It GOT STUPID. The Big Finish CDs concentrate on Nyssa, which is a good thing! ^.^

My favourite is probably colin baker, I wasn't a major fan of Trial of a Timelord (all when kooky in the end episodes) but I loved the enginuity of episodes like Vengeance on Varos, Resseurection of the Daleks and Attack of the cybermen.

That great speech in Trial is amazing. " "In all my travelling throughout the universe I have battled against evil, against power mad conspirators. I should have stayed here. The oldest civilisation: decadent, degenerate, and rotten to the core. Power mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen, they're still in the nursery compared to us. Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt."

^AWESOME! (Yes I did C/P it, you expect me to remember all that?)

That was an awesome speech. Never can say I liked Attack of the Cybermen or Revelation of the Daleks. Attack was a old cybermen compilation of their greatest hits with a bloodthirsty doctor and Revelation has that wierd DJ.

Yeah the Ultimate Foe was completely insane and wierd. Mindwarp is amazing with its "explosive finale" and Brian Blessed.

Favourite stories:-
1.)Rememberance of the Daleks
Why? Its good but not the best ever.
2.)Earthshock
Ok, I can understand this. I watch this now and thouroughly enjoy it, especially with the unexpected "death"(spoiler tags aren't working
3.)Trial of a Timelord
We went over this.
4.)Survival
Dr Who at its best. The cliffhanger to episode 2 is my favourite ever.
5.)Caves of Androzani
My second favourite story ever, Davison is the best dr ever in this.
6.)The Sea Devils
Goes on too long and is a rip-off of the silurians.
7.)The Invasion
Good (Vaughn is the best baddie ever.) but lots of pointless running around.

Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee

I've watched old episodes with my dad since forever since he is the biggest Dr Who fan ever, and most of the episodes I remember seeing were of those two :B

I've honestly I believe seen one episode of Doctor Who, that I happened upon while channel surfing during a holiday in the UK. ...I believe it was while we were staying in Falkirk, specifically.
So I'm voting I've never watched Dr. Who, since it's not really aired too much here in Amerikaland.

I've honestly I believe seen one episode of Doctor Who, that I happened upon while channel surfing during a holiday in the UK. ...I believe it was while we were staying in Falkirk, specifically.
So I'm voting I've never watched Dr. Who, since it's not really aired too much here in Amerikaland.
I feel sorry for all you guys who are stuck with Springer and Drew Carey while we have the Doctor.

I think some cable channels show it; Eevee's from the US iirc and watches the series.

None of the options is that one doctor in those old dalek films that nobody ever counts as a doctor :(

Peter Cushing?

He wasn't The Doctor, he was a human doctor with the surname Who, in films based on the idea of the TV show, and as such had a police box TARDIS and fought Daleks and other Doctor-type things.
Those films were based on William Hartnell stories.
Also
The ten Doctors in the poll have all been confirmed as cannon.

I haven't seen the old series or the movie, and I can't say out of Eccleston or Tennant, so I don't know which is my favourite.

Peter Cushing?

He wasn't The Doctor, he was a human doctor with the surname Who, in films based on the idea of the TV show, and as such had a police box TARDIS and fought Daleks and other Doctor-type things.

I know, which is why I said nobody counts him.

But one of those films was on the other day and it's weird because the guy who plays Donna's granddad was in it but he was younger so I wasn't used to it. D:

Hartnell, Eccleston, Tennant, in downward order. I confess I instinctively prefer what is original to what is new. That's why Hartnell comes first on this list, and Star Wars IV on that list, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom